Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
5th round pick : Ryquell Armstead

(04-28-2019, 03:23 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-28-2019, 01:59 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Maybe small football program I should of said
I sure hope you are not including Syracuse in the small school category.

No program that has produced four or more Hall of Fame players should be in that category.  

Jim Brown, Leroy Kelly, Larry Csonka, Art Monk, Marvin Harrison are all in Canton.  The school has also produced other outstanding players like Dwight Freeney, Keith Bullock, Donovan McNabb, Donovan Darius, Rob Moore and Moose Johnston.
Were did Syracuse come from lol? We are talking about Temple

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-28-2019, 03:32 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-28-2019, 03:23 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I sure hope you are not including Syracuse in the small school category.

No program that has produced four or more Hall of Fame players should be in that category.  

Jim Brown, Leroy Kelly, Larry Csonka, Art Monk, Marvin Harrison are all in Canton.  The school has also produced other outstanding players like Dwight Freeney, Keith Bullock, Donovan McNabb, Donovan Darius, Rob Moore and Moose Johnston.

Yeah you're right.  We shouldn't be talking about Syracuse since there were only 5 Syracuse graduates on NFL rosters in 2018 and 14 Temple alumni.

You're looking worse and worse.  Actually...no...you're not.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(04-28-2019, 03:44 PM)Rico Wrote:
(04-28-2019, 03:32 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Were did Syracuse come from lol? We are talking about Temple

Yeah you're right.  We shouldn't be talking about Syracuse since there were only 5 Syracuse graduates on NFL rosters in 2018 and 14 Temple alumni.

It seems like I upset you.  You a Temple fan?  Lol

(This post was last modified: 04-28-2019, 04:34 PM by Bullseye.)

(04-28-2019, 03:32 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-28-2019, 03:23 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I sure hope you are not including Syracuse in the small school category.

Pirk listed Syracuse among the non small schools here #43, and you replied without specifically not excluding them here #45 .

You could argue Temple is not a traditional football power.  Heck, you could argue it's a basketball school.  But you can get talent from there from time to time.  I expect Armstead to be a good contributor for us.  Stacey Mack came from Temple, and he gave us some pretty good carries.  The program then wasn't nearly as strong as it is now.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(04-27-2019, 03:04 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(04-27-2019, 02:01 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Was really hoping for a receiving back

I like this guy alright, but...

Kaye knows:

https://twitter.com/mike_e_kaye/status/1...20449?s=21
Awesome to hear that. 

Haven't done any homework on the guy beyond three scouting reports that say otherwise on the receiving skills.

(This post was last modified: 04-28-2019, 06:08 PM by RicoTx.)

(04-28-2019, 04:03 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-28-2019, 03:44 PM)Rico Wrote: Yeah you're right.  We shouldn't be talking about Syracuse since there were only 5 Syracuse graduates on NFL rosters in 2018 and 14 Temple alumni.

It seems like I upset you.  You a Temple fan?  Lol

Not all all.  Just trying to point out your ignorance of calling Temple a small school.  So you try to come back and turn it on me because you're having difficultly figuring out that they aren't despite the facts presented to you.  Sorry, I'll stop.  You've proven your ignorance already

(This post was last modified: 04-28-2019, 06:14 PM by JNev.)

https://youtu.be/iubQsYk4t7E

Film session on him. Rave reviews

(This post was last modified: 04-28-2019, 06:24 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(04-28-2019, 06:01 PM)Rico Wrote:
(04-28-2019, 04:03 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: It seems like I upset you.  You a Temple fan?  Lol

Not all all.  Just trying to point out your ignorance of calling Temple a small school.  So you try to come back and turn it on me because you're having difficultly figuring out that they aren't despite the facts presented to you.  Sorry, I'll stop.  You've proven your ignorance already

They are a small school when it comes to football. If you think not than you don't watch college footbal. Like I said before, 90 to 95 % of their players couldn't make a Ala, Fla, Georgia, LSU, or Clemson roster, and If that hurts your feelings than you just need to get over it.  Don't get your panties in a wad son lol

(04-28-2019, 04:27 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-28-2019, 03:32 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Were did Syracuse come from lol? We are talking about Temple

Pirk listed Syracuse among the non small schools here #43, and you replied without specifically not excluding them here #45 .

You could argue Temple is not a traditional football power.  Heck, you could argue it's a basketball school.  But you can get talent from there from time to time.  I expect Armstead to be a good contributor for us.  Stacey Mack came from Temple, and he gave us some pretty good carries.  The program then wasn't nearly as strong as it is now.
That is true, you can get talent from any school.  Jerry Rice Miss. Valley State,  Brett Favre Southern Miss.  TO Tennessee at Chattanooga.

(04-28-2019, 03:01 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-28-2019, 10:36 AM)Rico Wrote: Muhammed Wilkerson

Dion Dawkins.

Bill Cosby.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(04-28-2019, 06:28 PM)PF* Wrote:
(04-28-2019, 03:01 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Dion Dawkins.

Bill Cosby.

Don't let this distract you from the the fact that in 1966, Al Bundy scored four touchdowns in a single game while playing for the Polk High School Panthers in the 1966 city championship game versus Andrew Johnson High School, including the game-winning touchdown in the final seconds against his old nemesis, Bubba "Spare Tire" Dixon

Polk's program was much bigger than Andrew Johnson's. Many notables came from Polk.

On topic: I got nothing, give me the warning.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(04-27-2019, 05:01 PM)JagJohn Wrote: Everyone should read this: https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-a...score-2019

Running 4.45 and 220 is awesome

Interesting analysis.  My first thought though was whether this is a tool to discover underrated talent or more of a tool used to disqualify highly rated players.  For example, a guy who has zero agility may be rated low initially because of it, yet a high speed score won't necessarily allow him to overcome that deficiency so the low rating in the eyes of the scouts is still probably valid.  Whereas when deciding early in the draft between a couple of running backs, a guy with a low speed score is likely an indication the initial scouting was wrong and perhaps he is overrated.

I just did some more research on speed score and pulled up last year's article.  This gave a history of top speed scores of all time as well as top speed scores in 2018.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-a...score-2018

There are a lot of guys who tested high but were nobodies in the NFL.  And while I'm glad we drafted a guy with a higher speed score as opposed to a lower one, probably not a guarantee of anything.  I think those concerns that he suffers from some of the same negatives that Fournette does are valid.  Doesnt look to have a lot of wiggle to him.  And if he has some pass catching ability, Temple never took advantage of it for some reason.

(04-28-2019, 01:39 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(04-27-2019, 03:10 PM)Jags02 Wrote: I feel like Linder is one of the best Centers in the league. No need to move him. Shatley isn't even close.

He was/would be one of the best guards too. Shatley is a good run blocker; I think he’s our 5th best lineman, not Cann.

Center is too important of a position, and the downgrade from Linder to Shatley is too great. Cann is stuck in place as our RG as his brand new fat contract dictates.
'02

(04-28-2019, 06:20 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-28-2019, 06:01 PM)Rico Wrote: Not all all.  Just trying to point out your ignorance of calling Temple a small school.  So you try to come back and turn it on me because you're having difficultly figuring out that they aren't despite the facts presented to you.  Sorry, I'll stop.  You've proven your ignorance already

They are a small school when it comes to football. If you think not than you don't watch college footbal. Like I said before, 90 to 95 % of their players couldn't make a Ala, Fla, Georgia, LSU, or Clemson roster, and If that hurts your feelings than you just need to get over it.  Don't get your panties in a wad son lol

(04-28-2019, 04:27 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Pirk listed Syracuse among the non small schools here #43, and you replied without specifically not excluding them here #45 .

That is true, you can get talent from any school.  Jerry Rice Miss. Valley State,  Brett Favre Southern Miss.  TO Tennessee at Chattanooga.

Rashean Mathis came from Bethune-Cookman.

Interesting converation. I'm not about to say Temple is a small school. I just never realized it was so huge and even bigger than Syracuse.
'02

(04-28-2019, 06:57 PM)rfc17 Wrote:
(04-27-2019, 05:01 PM)JagJohn Wrote: Everyone should read this: https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-a...score-2019

Running 4.45 and 220 is awesome

Interesting analysis.  My first thought though was whether this is a tool to discover underrated talent or more of a tool used to disqualify highly rated players.  For example, a guy who has zero agility may be rated low initially because of it, yet a high speed score won't necessarily allow him to overcome that deficiency so the low rating in the eyes of the scouts is still probably valid.  Whereas when deciding early in the draft between a couple of running backs, a guy with a low speed score is likely an indication the initial scouting was wrong and perhaps he is overrated.

I just did some more research on speed score and pulled up last year's article.  This gave a history of top speed scores of all time as well as top speed scores in 2018.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-a...score-2018

There are a lot of guys who tested high but were nobodies in the NFL.  And while I'm glad we drafted a guy with a higher speed score as opposed to a lower one, probably not a guarantee of anything.  I think those concerns that he suffers from some of the same negatives that Fournette does are valid.  Doesnt look to have a lot of wiggle to him.  And if he has some pass catching ability, Temple never took advantage of it for some reason.

We have quite a few guys on the roster now, and they're all physical. I love it. We have power up front with guys returning, and now Jawaan, and we have explosive, power runners that are going to keep punishing defenses in waves just like our pass rushers will punish offenses.  We certainly can use a shifty pass catcher like Yeldon on third down, but we can scheme around not having that.

BTW, with all this power running, are we even going to keep a FB? I only see one FB on the roster, and I don't even recognize the name. 
'02

(04-28-2019, 06:35 PM)PF* Wrote: Polk's program was much bigger than Andrew Johnson's. Many notables came from Polk.

On topic: I got nothing, give me the warning.

The big polk program and Johnson's program are one in the same.
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

(04-28-2019, 02:43 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-28-2019, 02:34 PM)knarnn Wrote: Just stop.

C'mon man, its Temple.  You think they have a big football program?

@I think you mean they of a big football program@

Big Grin

(This post was last modified: 04-29-2019, 11:04 AM by NCJag.)

(04-28-2019, 06:28 PM)PF* Wrote:
(04-28-2019, 03:01 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Dion Dawkins.

Bill Cosby.

Robby Anderson from the Jets.....

Raheem Brock from the Clots

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(04-29-2019, 11:00 AM)NCJag Wrote:
(04-28-2019, 06:28 PM)PF* Wrote: Bill Cosby.

Robby Anderson from the Jets.....

Raheem Brock from the Clots

It doesn't matter.  According to the expert Temple is a small school.

[Image: ScreenShot2019-04-29at11.36.41AM.png]