Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Avengers End Game discussion after you see it to avoid spoilers!

taking the wife tomorrow so I need a place to talk about it my wife will just sleep through it she’s looking forward to a 3 hour nap with no kids
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We're going to see it tomorrow night. We just finished watching Infinity War again and I told my husband in 24 hours we'll know the fate of the Marvel universe. 

A lot of dying gonna happen tomorrow night between Endgame and GoT.

Definitely didn’t feel like 3 hours I think they did good job tying up all the major stories of the last 10 years.

In the end it had to be Tony Stark to sacrifice himself especially since it all started with him. I like the ending they have to Cap the best.

Hopefully we get more of Thor and Starlord they’re a good. Pair

To me the only theme I’d be intersted I’m following is if they get X-men in the mcu.

I don’t really care about a doctor strange, black panther, captain marvel sequel. If they just get lazy and star popping sequels for all the other characters they’ll lose the audience imo.

#getwokegobroke
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I thought it was a really good movie, can't wait to see it again. There were only a few things about it that I didn't care for, but they were probably things most won't care about. I found the fat depressed Thor funny at first, it got to be not funny rather quick. Hated professor Hulk, I understand the need for him but totally dislike the character. If Captain Marvel had flown in and beat Thanos easily on her own I was going to boo very loudly. The little woman power part just made me roll my eyes, just glad in the end they made it about the TEAM and everyone was equally [BLEEP], even the normal mortals. Sad to see Black Widow die, I guess that means her movie/s will all be prior to this one.

(04-28-2019, 08:22 PM)JagswinJagswin Wrote: I thought it was a really good movie, can't wait to see it again. There were only a few things about it that I didn't care for, but they were probably things most won't care about. I found the fat depressed Thor funny at first, it got to be not funny rather quick. Hated professor Hulk, I understand the need for him but totally dislike the character. If Captain Marvel had flown in and beat Thanos easily on her own I was going to boo very loudly. The little woman power part just made me roll my eyes, just glad in the end they made it about the TEAM and everyone was equally [BLEEP], even the normal mortals. Sad to see Black Widow die, I guess that means her movie/s will all be prior to this one.

Yea the woman power part felt a little force but I get it. I was kind of shocked to see how little of a role Captin Marvel played in the whole thing, thought She would be a bigger part of the story arc.

Thor kind of went out with a whimper so I'm hoping his story arc isn't over. I think the MCU has a real challenge ahead of them, aside from Doctor Strange, Black Panther, and Spider-man I don't have a real connection with the remaining pool of super hero's. I get the felling they are not going to do one more Guardian movie and then that line of stories will be wrapped up. What's going to drive people out to see the new movies now? They have to get X-men rolling IMO.

Having seen all of the previous movies, I was looking for a hard hitting, fast paced, action packed movie. I found it severely lacking.

The movie as a whole accomplished it's objective; to bring the current phase of the marvel universe to a close. It did that. And the movie itself was....ok.

For me, it was 2 hours of painfully slow buildup, 30 minutes of action and 20 minutes of sentiment.

Strange Dynamics of the movie... Barton as a vigilante murderer, professor hulk, fat-drunk Thor, Stark living in a log cabin, the "girl power" scene and the months of Captain Marvel buildup for maybe 10 minutes of screen time.

This movie checked all of the boxes, but for me was lacking in overall enjoyment. Yes, I'll see it again, maybe multiple times, but it will never see the playtimes of Civil War, Avengers 1 or Age of Ultron in my house.

I hope you all enjoyed it.
Signature goes here.

I just went and saw it today. Thank god we bought our tickets online and arrived early, because the theater was sold out for all the showings. Although I hated to see the demise of Tony Stark, I completely understood it. He started out as a selfish, lone wolf when he got his powers and in the end, he sacrificed everything to save the universe. People in the theater were crying their eyes out. I had prepared myself for Tony to probably die, but the funeral part where Happy asked Tony's little girl what she wanted to eat and she said cheeseburgers and he told he that Tony liked cheeseburgers too and he told her he would buy her all the cheeseburgers she wanted, really got to me. I don't know why, but it did. My 12 year old nephew was furious they killed his favorite character. He said he is done with Marvel movies, but I know he's just upset and he'll watch the next one. I was shocked they killed off Black Widow. Marvel is really taking a gamble. Personally, I was really looking forward to the Black Widow movie, but now that I know her ultimate fate, I really don't care. They dropped the ball on this one. They should've made the film before they killed her off.

While I'm at it, can someone explain to me how Gammorah came back from the dead after being sacrificed for the soul stone, but Natasha remained dead? Both were sacrificed for the soul stone. Shouldn't both stay dead? Do the sacrificed souls rise from the dead once a new soul is sacrificed? If that is the case, could Natasha rise from the dead if someone else is sacrificed for the soul stone?

(04-28-2019, 09:56 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I just went and saw it today. Thank god we bought our tickets online and arrived early, because the theater was sold out for all the showings. Although I hated to see the demise of Tony Stark, I completely understood it. He started out as a selfish, lone wolf when he got his powers and in the end, he sacrificed everything to save the universe. People in the theater were crying their eyes out. I had prepared myself for Tony to probably die, but the funeral part where Happy asked Tony's little girl what she wanted to eat and she said cheeseburgers and he told he that Tony liked cheeseburgers too and he told her  he would buy her all the cheeseburgers she wanted, really got to me. I don't know why, but it did. My 12 year old nephew was furious they killed his favorite character. He said he is done with Marvel movies, but I know he's just upset and he'll watch the next one. I was shocked they killed off Black Widow. Marvel is really taking a gamble. Personally, I was really looking forward to the Black Widow movie, but now that I know her ultimate fate, I really don't care. They dropped the ball on this one. They should've made the film before they killed her off.

While I'm at it, can someone explain to me how Gammorah came back from the dead after being sacrificed for the soul stone, but Natasha remained dead? Both were sacrificed for the soul stone. Shouldn't both stay dead? Do the sacrificed souls rise from the dead once a new soul is sacrificed? If that is the case, could Natasha rise from the dead if someone else is sacrificed for the soul stone?

Gammorah didn't come back she came from the past with Thanos and Nebula when past Nebula opened the time portal in the future.

I would have enjoyed the movie much more had the guy next to me not come in half lit and proceeded to get even more hammered, passed out and snored so loud the whole theater could hear him during quieter moments. I woke him up several times then went and told a theater employee who didn't do jack about it when he kept passing out. 

That's all I've got right now. So [BLEEP] pissed.

I'll be the first to say it, did not think it was that good. Severely underwhelming and I expected more.

If I read the preceding posts correctly, Robert Downey Jr will now be free to use his considerable acting talents in something a lot better than these endless Iron Man roles.

In my opinion, the guy is a really great actor who was totally wasting his career in these superhero movies.

Nothing against superhero movies, I'm glad everyone enjoys them, I just think Robert Downey Jr needs to be winning Oscars, not flying around in a metal suit.

(04-29-2019, 06:24 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: If I read the preceding posts correctly, Robert Downey Jr will now be free to use his considerable acting talents in something a lot better than these endless Iron Man roles.    

In my opinion, the guy is a really great actor who was totally wasting his career in these superhero movies.  

Nothing against superhero movies, I'm glad everyone enjoys them, I just think Robert Downey Jr needs to be winning Oscars, not flying around in a metal suit.

Without the Iron Man films, RDJ may not have gotten the chance to get those Oscar nominated roles. He used the Iron Man role to show Hollywood that they can trust him again. No studios wanted anything to do with him after his constant drug arrests, but they gave him a chance with this role and he showed them he was clean and sober. It also made him perhaps, the most beloved actor in America. His turnaround was genuine and now, all the actors that work with him have nothing but great things to say about him and it all came from playing Iron Man. Personally, I love superhero films and I don't see myself accepting a new version of The Avengers without Iron Man and Black Widow. I'll still watch the stand alone films and I love GOTG, but The Avengers is a dead franchise now, imo.

Question: Didn't Marvel drop the ball by handing Sam the new Captain America moniker instead of Bucky? The main part of Captain America was that he had the abilities of a "super soldier." Bucky had those same abilities, but Sam is just a normal human with mechanical wings. How is that supposed to work?

(04-29-2019, 03:08 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Question: Didn't Marvel drop the ball by handing Sam the new Captain America moniker instead of Bucky? The main part of Captain America was that he had the abilities of a "super soldier." Bucky had those same abilities, but Sam is just a normal human with mechanical wings. How is that supposed to work?

IIRC in the comics Sam becomes the new Captain America. If that's the case the film followed the comic storyline of succession correctly. 

And you're absolutely right about RDJ. His career was shot because of his drug abuse and arrests. Iron Man is his redemption story and I can see no one ever filling his shoes regarding that character. Like- EVER.

(04-29-2019, 03:08 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Question: Didn't Marvel drop the ball by handing Sam the new Captain America moniker instead of Bucky? The main part of Captain America was that he had the abilities of a "super soldier." Bucky had those same abilities, but Sam is just a normal human with mechanical wings. How is that supposed to work?

I kind of wondered the same thing did Sam every have any super human powers?

(04-29-2019, 04:37 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:

IIRC in the comics Sam becomes the new Captain America. If that's the case the film followed the comic storyline of succession correctly. 

And you're absolutely right about RDJ. His career was shot because of his drug abuse and arrests. Iron Man is his redemption story and I can see no one ever filling his shoes regarding that character. Like- EVER.

The movies have been notorious for not exactly following the comic books though. I just think it would make more sense for the films if Bucky, a character who had the same powers as Steve Rogers were to take on the Captain America legacy. In fact, I find Sam to be a much more interesting character with the mechanical wings over being a Captain America without the super powers. He's basically a less deadly version of Black Widow without the wings.

The butler did it.

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2019, 04:54 PM by Bullseye.)

(04-28-2019, 06:01 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Definitely didn’t feel like 3 hours I think they did good job tying up all the major stories of the last 10 years.

In the end it had to be Tony Stark to sacrifice himself especially since it all started with him. I like the ending they have to Cap the best.

Hopefully we get more of Thor and Starlord they’re a good.  Pair

To me the only theme I’d be intersted I’m following is if they get X-men in the mcu.

I don’t really care about a doctor strange, black panther, captain marvel sequel. If they just get lazy and star popping sequels for all the other characters they’ll lose the audience imo.

I wonder if they would be interested in a Secret Wars movie.  Considering how big in scope this story line was, and considering how many of the heroes have already been established on film, they could pull it off, especially now since Marvel has acquired the cinematic rights to their characters.

(04-29-2019, 06:24 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: If I read the preceding posts correctly, Robert Downey Jr will now be free to use his considerable acting talents in something a lot better than these endless Iron Man roles.    

I don't know if you saw Avengers Endgame yet, but he was quite good. 

He wasn't just a smartass.

He runs the gamut of emotions and conveyed them well.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(04-29-2019, 04:37 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:

Both Sam and Bucky have taken on that role in the comics.

Either taking the role at the end of Endgame would have been consistent with the comics.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!