Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Canadians More LIkely to be Full of It

One might refer to it as the Political Forum Effect.

FTA:

Researchers embarked on a novel study intent on measuring what a Princeton Philosophy professor contends is one of the most salient features of our culture — the ability to play the expert without being one.

Or, as the social scientists put it, to BS.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/...2b1028121d
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Tell that to Jordan Peterson.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Yeah but they make good beer though........
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

The concept they're going after his interesting but the words they chose may have simply confounded people rather than inspired them to BS.
One of the fake things was "proper numbers". There is such a thing as proper fractions but not proper numbers. I have to think there are better terms they could have selected that are impossible in reality and don't sound similar to real things either. Straight curves, magnetic monopoles, etc. Also "I don't think this is a real thing" should have been a choice in addition to "I don't know what this is" if they were hoping to figure out who pretends that fake things are real in order to impress people.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(04-28-2019, 11:11 AM)The Drifter Wrote: Yeah but they make good beer though........

Like what, Labatt Blue? The only good beer in Canada is the IPAs, stouts and sours imported from the US.

(04-28-2019, 11:11 AM)The Drifter Wrote: Yeah but they make good beer though........
You have made a lot of very odd posts but this one may be your worst take.

Canada does not make good beer.

I remember one particularly bad hangover brought about by a fifth of Canadian Mist. When I woke up, my splitting head took a few moments to realize the sun shadows were slanted in the afternoon direction. Canadian mist, indeed.

I've never met a Canadian that had even a shred of common sense.

(04-29-2019, 03:59 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: I've never met a Canadian that had even a shred of common sense.

I know many Canadians with an enormous amount of common sense.  Sadly, they are in the minority in Canada.

(04-28-2019, 12:06 PM)mikesez Wrote: The concept they're going after his interesting but the words they chose may have simply confounded people rather than inspired them to BS.
One of the fake things was "proper numbers". There is such a thing as proper fractions but not proper numbers. I have to think there are better terms they could have selected that are impossible in reality and don't sound similar to real things either. Straight curves, magnetic monopoles, etc. Also "I don't think this is a real thing" should have been a choice in addition to "I don't know what this is" if they were hoping to figure out who pretends that fake things are real in order to impress people.

We can always count on you to tell the experts why they're wrong. Someone should do a study about that.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato