Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tacks do NOT offer T Jack Conklin 5th year option

(This post was last modified: 05-01-2019, 05:57 PM by Bullseye.)

This is surprising, borderline stunning to me.

I always thought Conklin played well for the tacks.  What happened?

Did the knee injury make him a shell of himself?

Did I overestimate his play?  Are the tacks trying to save money?

Knowing they wre not going to offer him the 5th year option, why didn't the tacks draft a RT to replace him?  Do they think Davis will be that RT?

Tell us tacks fans...what do you think was the rationale behind this?  What are your thoughts?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

They need all that money to extend Mariota lol

He wasn't good last year and the tag was a lot of money. Different blocking scheme than Conklin had when he played well for them too. Probably the wise move

Yeah, they went from a power blacking scheme to a zone blocking scheme. A RT would get top 5 tackle money, plus is play has went down since switching schemes and coming off the ACL

(This post was last modified: 05-01-2019, 08:08 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Plus they need the money to give to their trash QB

This does not feel like a wise move for the tacks, but I will gladly take him on the jags tho.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(This post was last modified: 05-01-2019, 09:43 PM by SeldomRite.)

(05-01-2019, 09:41 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: This does not feel like a wise move for the tacks, but I will gladly take him on the jags tho.

Didn't the Jags just spend multiple draft picks on a right tackle? He'll go to the Texans.

I think he was rushed back too soon last season. He was awful. It seems that ACL derailed his career a bit. But basically, he has the season to prove he is the player he was.

Conklin missed a lot of games the last two years due to injury. The 5th year option would be guaranteed for injury. Seems prudent even if Conklin returns to form.

(This post was last modified: 05-08-2019, 02:13 PM by VondyP.)

the RT 5th year option heavily overpays the position because OL 5th year options are all grouped into one, instead of LT, G, C,RT individually

if we had given him the option he'd of become the 3rd highest paid RT in the game. he is not up to that standard (at the moment), he gets a year to prove himself, then we can extend him. and we probably will

(05-08-2019, 02:13 PM)VondyP Wrote: the RT 5th year option heavily overpays the position because OL 5th year options are all grouped into one, instead of LT, G, C,RT individually

if we had given him the option he'd of become the 3rd highest paid RT in the game. he is not up to that standard (at the moment), he gets a year to prove himself, then we can extend him. and we probably will

What about the extension money for Mariota?

(05-08-2019, 04:10 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-08-2019, 02:13 PM)VondyP Wrote: the RT 5th year option heavily overpays the position because OL 5th year options are all grouped into one, instead of LT, G, C,RT individually

If that happens, his new contract shouldn't affect the salary cap that much because he's already making an average of the top ten salaries.

(05-08-2019, 04:10 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

he's already making 20mil a season... he wont get over 30, we have plenty of cap space.

(This post was last modified: 05-09-2019, 04:26 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(05-09-2019, 04:24 PM)VondyP Wrote:
(05-08-2019, 04:10 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: What about the extension money for Mariota?

he's already making 20mil a season... he wont get over 30, we have plenty of cap space.

Hes on the last year of his contract. What kind of contract you think hes gonna get?

(05-09-2019, 04:26 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-09-2019, 04:24 PM)VondyP Wrote: he's already making 20mil a season... he wont get over 30, we have plenty of cap space.

Hes on the last year of his contract.  What kind of contract you think hes gonna get?

If he stays on the field all year and takes the Titans deep into the playoffs, I would expect somewhere between $25 million to $30 million per year, which is about $4 million to $9 million more than he is making now.

(This post was last modified: 05-12-2019, 11:35 AM by VondyP.)

(05-09-2019, 11:15 PM)Psychop1 Wrote:
(05-09-2019, 04:26 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Hes on the last year of his contract.  What kind of contract you think hes gonna get?

If he stays on the field all year and takes the Titans deep into the playoffs, I would expect somewhere between $25 million to $30 million per year, which is about $4 million to $9 million more than he is making now.

this would be my guess as well, probably closer to 25 than 30 unless he balls out this year.

we might even tag him for a year if our GM wants to make sure he stays healthy or something. the QB tag last year was 25mil I think.

That is strange, because I would think it is still "slotted" since it would still technically be the rookie year deal.

I know with the franchise tag, there is no distinction between LT and RT, but I wouldn't think there would be the need for distinction between LT and RT since we are still talking about the rookie year deal.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!