Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Yannick Ngakoue has been absent from offseason workouts

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2019, 12:50 PM by knarnn.)

Quote: Per a league source, defensive end Yannick Ngakoue ,has been absent from the workouts. He showed up for the first few days, and he then left.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...-workouts/
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Not a concern. He showed up. Reported in. And he checked out. He'll get paid this year. By all accounts he's never been too talkative nor a locker room cancer.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(05-02-2019, 01:01 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Not a concern. He showed up. Reported in. And he checked out. He'll get paid this year. By all accounts he's never been too talkative nor a locker room cancer.

nonsense, it's modis time and you know it.

He's just playing the game.

He wants more money. I have no doubt he will show up and show out for this team this year.

I think his tweet hints that he's disgruntled at least, if not holding out officially (can't really be considered a hold out during voluntary stuff).

Hopefully we pay him and get a bit of a discount for doing it a year early, like the Vikings did with Danielle Hunter. If we wanted to we could play hard ball and make him play this year on his rookie deal and then franchise him a year or two before giving him a long term deal. I think giving him a deal now should come with a bit of a compromise financially.

As he should.

Time to bring in Keanu and the scabs...

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2019, 01:38 PM by imtheblkranger.)

I can't imagine Ngakoue holding out during regular season stuff. I imagine the Crowell injury is fueling his agent pretty well.

Personally I'd rather extend him now anyway. If he comes out and has a 15+ sack year, his price tag is going way up.

Getting Dareus, Campbell, and Lee off the books next year will be so critical to keeping Jalen, Yan, and Myles. Between the 3 of them is $40 million in cap savings. Yan and Jalen should get $20 mil each and the cap will go up each year too

I can't believe how people get so lathered up over veterans missing the first phase of OTA's.  It's nothing more than working out and rehab.  It's not like they are in team meetings or on the practice field.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2019, 01:57 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(05-02-2019, 01:30 PM)JNev Wrote: Getting Dareus, Campbell, and Lee off the books next year will be so critical to keeping Jalen, Yan, and Myles. Between the 3 of them is $40 million in cap savings. Yan and Jalen should get $20 mil each and the cap will go up each year too

If we pay Ramsey 5 mil more than the highest paid corner we will be in cap hell. We could just franchise him

(05-02-2019, 01:54 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-02-2019, 01:30 PM)JNev Wrote: Getting Dareus, Campbell, and Lee off the books next year will be so critical to keeping Jalen, Yan, and Myles. Between the 3 of them is $40 million in cap savings. Yan and Jalen should get $20 mil each and the cap will go up each year too

If we pay Ramsey 5 mil more than the highest paid corner we will be in cap hell.  We could just franchise him

How do you figure? Franchising him makes financial sense but he isn't a guy I want to piss off. Just pay him, he's obviously worth it. The NFL salary cap increased $14 million just this year... We only have 1 player under contract making $16 million or more as of now for 2021 and it's our QB. We could even cut him and save $14.5 million if we draft a rookie between now and 2021 (which seems likely). I wouldn't be worried, these are guys we need to build around, not extraneous pieces

(05-02-2019, 02:06 PM)JNev Wrote:
(05-02-2019, 01:54 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If we pay Ramsey 5 mil more than the highest paid corner we will be in cap hell.  We could just franchise him

How do you figure? Franchising him makes financial sense but he isn't a guy I want to piss off. Just pay him, he's obviously worth it. The NFL salary cap increased $14 million just this year... We only have 1 player under contract making $16 million or more as of now for 2021 and it's our QB. We could even cut him and save $14.5 million if we draft a rookie between now and 2021 (which seems likely). I wouldn't be worried, these are guys we need to build around, not extraneous pieces
Just pay him?  The highest paid corner in the league is making 15 mil a year and we should just pay him 20 mil a year because hes worth it?  God no, that's how you get in cap hell, and no he isn't worth 20 mil a year.  He isn't prime, Champ, or Revis in their prime and last year he wasn't even a top 5 corner but we should pay him. 5 mil more than the highest paid corner? Oh boy.

(05-02-2019, 02:20 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-02-2019, 02:06 PM)JNev Wrote: How do you figure? Franchising him makes financial sense but he isn't a guy I want to piss off. Just pay him, he's obviously worth it. The NFL salary cap increased $14 million just this year... We only have 1 player under contract making $16 million or more as of now for 2021 and it's our QB. We could even cut him and save $14.5 million if we draft a rookie between now and 2021 (which seems likely). I wouldn't be worried, these are guys we need to build around, not extraneous pieces
Just pay him?  The highest paid corner in the league is making 15 mil a year and we should just pay him 20 mil a year because hes worth it?  God no, that's how you get in cap hell, and no he isn't worth 20 mil a year.  He isn't prime, Champ, or Revis in their prime and last year he wasn't even a top 5 corner but we should pay him. 5 mil more than the highest paid corner? Oh boy.
Well Ramsey hasn't hit his prime yet sooooooo....

(05-02-2019, 02:20 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-02-2019, 02:06 PM)JNev Wrote: How do you figure? Franchising him makes financial sense but he isn't a guy I want to piss off. Just pay him, he's obviously worth it. The NFL salary cap increased $14 million just this year... We only have 1 player under contract making $16 million or more as of now for 2021 and it's our QB. We could even cut him and save $14.5 million if we draft a rookie between now and 2021 (which seems likely). I wouldn't be worried, these are guys we need to build around, not extraneous pieces

Ah yes, the ol' "He's not a Top 3 CB in NFL history after THREE seasons, just let him go" argument. Maybe $20 million is a little much, but it'll be over $15m/year... The cap is steadily increasing and with it so should salaries.

How quickly we forget the days of Davon House, Derek Cox, and Dwayne Gratz

(05-02-2019, 02:29 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-02-2019, 02:20 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Just pay him?  The highest paid corner in the league is making 15 mil a year and we should just pay him 20 mil a year because hes worth it?  God no, that's how you get in cap hell, and no he isn't worth 20 mil a year.  He isn't prime, Champ, or Revis in their prime and last year he wasn't even a top 5 corner but we should pay him. 5 mil more than the highest paid corner? Oh boy.
Well Ramsey hasn't hit his prime yet sooooooo....

I hope not

Nowadays and with the cap increasing every year, the pay scale will keep increasing. We may be able to pay Ramsey less than 20 a year. But if it requires it, you pay it. He plays a pivotal role in our defense and is a cornerstone player. His play came down last year, but so did everyone else; minus maybe Campbell. You cannot just let a player like him go and we all know the franchise tag can just delay the inevitable if played incorrectly. The same could be said about Yannick. We have to pay and keep these cornerstone players.
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(05-02-2019, 01:54 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

If we pay Ramsey 5 mil more than the highest paid corner we will be in cap hell.  We could just franchise him

If we pay him that type of money, I hope that comes with a new defensive coordinator who will never use him in zone coverage.

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2019, 02:37 PM by JackCity.)

I'm not ready to call Myles Jack someone we have to keep, talented as he is

Ramsey should get a few mil less than 20M, Yannick should get a bit more than 20M. 40M combined is a fair estimate.