Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Yannick Ngakoue has been absent from offseason workouts

Pay the man! Hes earned it. Keep Ramsey and Yan forever.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We have to get this done for Yannick but we must put the team first and not visit cap hell...

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

I’m all for resigning Yannick to whatever to takes, he’s worth it. Same goes with Jalen. I’m also all for letting go Telvin to attempt to resign Myles Jack, but I think this is the question at how much?

Jets really changed the game by offering CJ Mosley that huge deal. He will make 17 mil while the next ILB Kwon will make 13. Will Myles want something in between? Statistically he is on par.

Is it smart to pay the trio of Yannick, Jalen, and Myles a possible (21+18+15) 56M per year avg? I am all in on Yan and Jalen.. but I dont know if I’d commit that much to Jack too.

(05-02-2019, 01:11 PM)Upper Wrote: I think his tweet hints that he's disgruntled at least, if not holding out officially (can't really be considered a hold out during voluntary stuff).

Hopefully we pay him and get a bit of a discount for doing it a year early, like the Vikings did with Danielle Hunter. If we wanted to we could play hard ball and make him play this year on his rookie deal and then franchise him a year or two before giving him a long term deal. I think giving him a deal now should come with a bit of a compromise financially.

Disgruntled oversells it a bit.  This is the business side of the NFL for a player who sees a rookie coming in who will make more with his signing bonus than he's made in a career.  He's going to get a new deal.  The team isn't letting him go.  My guess is that it gets done before training camp starts.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

I've been on the pay Yan band-wagon all off-season - what he is scheduled to make next season is insulting based on his production.
I never understood why recent contracts are always the starting point for negotiations though. Because KC was stupid enough to pay Frank Clark starting quarterback money, we have to be stupid too?
Oh well. It is what it is I guess.

(05-03-2019, 08:57 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: I’m all for resigning Yannick to whatever to takes, he’s worth it. Same goes with Jalen. I’m also all for letting go Telvin to attempt to resign Myles Jack, but I think this is the question at how much?

Jets really changed the game by offering CJ Mosley that huge deal. He will make 17 mil while the next ILB Kwon will make 13. Will Myles want something in between? Statistically he is on par.

Is it smart to pay the trio of Yannick, Jalen, and Myles a possible (21+18+15) 56M per year avg? I am all in on Yan and Jalen.. but I dont know if I’d commit that much to Jack too.

Yea, Myles is as good as gone after next season if he's asking $15M. Quincy Williams was taken to cover his and Telvin's departures. They'll draft another LB early next year and the machine will keep rolling.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

Can the people who criticized Jalen do the same for Yannick?
A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

(05-02-2019, 02:36 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(05-02-2019, 01:30 PM)JNev Wrote: Getting Dareus, Campbell, and Lee off the books next year will be so critical to keeping Jalen, Yan, and Myles. Between the 3 of them is $40 million in cap savings. Yan and Jalen should get $20 mil each and the cap will go up each year too

I'm not ready to call Myles Jack someone we have to keep, talented as he is

This is where I am, too.  If he was as talented between the ears football-wise as he is physically gifted, things would be different.  For us and him.

If we can wrap up Yannick and Jalen long term, we'll be in a good position.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(This post was last modified: 05-03-2019, 06:00 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(05-02-2019, 02:36 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(05-02-2019, 01:30 PM)JNev Wrote: Getting Dareus, Campbell, and Lee off the books next year will be so critical to keeping Jalen, Yan, and Myles. Between the 3 of them is $40 million in cap savings. Yan and Jalen should get $20 mil each and the cap will go up each year too

I'm not ready to call Myles Jack someone we have to keep, talented as he is

It might be because the team has forced him to play the wrong position like the did with Fowler and tried to do with Bryan and hopefully they dont do with Allen

(05-03-2019, 05:59 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-02-2019, 02:36 PM)JackCity Wrote: I'm not ready to call Myles Jack someone we have to keep, talented as he is

It might be because the team has forced him to play the wrong position like the did with Fowler and tried to do with Bryan and hopefully they dont do with Allen

It's funny, nobody had an issue with Jack playing as middle linebacker on passing downs in 2017 , which he played more often than Poz played Mike in base.  

But after 2018 it's forcing him play the wrong position after a down year for most of the roster.

(05-03-2019, 06:44 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(05-03-2019, 05:59 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: It might be because the team has forced him to play the wrong position like the did with Fowler and tried to do with Bryan and hopefully they dont do with Allen

It's funny, nobody had an issue with Jack playing as middle linebacker on passing downs in 2017 , which he played more often than Poz played Mike in base.  

But after 2018 it's forcing him play the wrong position after a down year for most of the roster.
Yeah. 
Giving Jack a little patience to learn the nuances of playing MLB isn't forcing him to play the wrong position. 
He's not poorly suited to the spot.  Maybe he's little light by antiquated standards and a little green on the mental side, but it's not like asking Bryan to play big end. Far cry from that.  

I'd wager he takes the anticipated step forward this year in his progress.

(This post was last modified: 05-03-2019, 07:41 PM by JaguarJosh05.)

Ngakoue had a great string of games. His production fell off big time last year. Need another prove it year, if he is at least better than last year which he should most definitely be with this d line pay him.
No pain, no gain.

(This post was last modified: 05-03-2019, 08:20 PM by JackCity.)

(05-03-2019, 07:06 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-03-2019, 06:44 PM)JackCity Wrote: It's funny, nobody had an issue with Jack playing as middle linebacker on passing downs in 2017 , which he played more often than Poz played Mike in base.  

Yeah. 
Giving Jack a little patience to learn the nuances of playing MLB isn't forcing him to play the wrong position. 
He's not poorly suited to the spot.  Maybe he's little light by antiquated standards and a little green on the mental side, but it's not like asking Bryan to play big end. Far cry from that.  

100%. He's already got the coverage part down which is the most important thing you want to see from a modern NFL Mike..the rest as you said is communicating and adjusting the defense which will get better with experience. The run fits weren't good but they wouldn't be good at WILL either.

It's kind of a pivotal year for Jack, another average year and I'd fine it very hard to stump up money for him.

(05-03-2019, 07:40 PM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: Ngakoue had a great string of games. His production fell off big time last year. Need another prove it year, if he is at least better than last year which he should most definitely be with this d line pay him.

Still had great pressure numbers and QB hits, just missed a handful of sacks by the finger tips..also was much improved as a run defender

(This post was last modified: 05-03-2019, 09:06 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(05-03-2019, 08:19 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(05-03-2019, 07:06 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Yeah. 

100%. He's already got the coverage part down which is the most important thing you want to see from a modern NFL Mike..the rest as you said is communicating and adjusting the defense which will get better with experience. The run fits weren't good but they wouldn't be good at WILL either.

It's kind of a pivotal year for Jack, another average year and I'd fine it very hard to stump up money for him.

(05-03-2019, 07:40 PM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: Ngakoue had a great string of games. His production fell off big time last year. Need another prove it year, if he is at least better than last year which he should most definitely be with this d line pay him.

Still had great pressure numbers and QB hits, just missed a handful of sacks by the finger tips..also was much improved as a run defender

Lol, it's funny some want him to play MLB but if he has an average year dont stump up money for him when he never got a chance to play his natural position.  90% of the analyst and a lot on here  knew his natural position was WLB except you and a few others.  We wanted him to play MLB because after Poz retired we had nobody else to play it and Telvin was at will  But after last year and Telvins play I think it's time to give Myles a shot at his true position instead of just give up on him all together when he if he isnt the best MLB.  Jack would probably be an all pro at Will but if he doesn't have a great season at MLB dont pay him, lol

(05-03-2019, 08:59 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-03-2019, 08:19 PM)JackCity Wrote: 100%. He's already got the coverage part down which is the most important thing you want to see from a modern NFL Mike..the rest as you said is communicating and adjusting the defense which will get better with experience. The run fits weren't good but they wouldn't be good at WILL either.

Lol, it's funny some want him to play MLB but if he has an average year dont stump up money for him when he never got a chance to play his natural position.  90% of the analyst and a lot on here  knew his natural position was WLB except you and a few others.  We wanted him to play MLB because after Poz retired we had nobody else to play it and Telvin was at will  But after last year and Telvins play I think it's time to give Myles a shot at his true position instead of just give up on him all together when he if he isnt the best MLB.  Jack would probably be an all pro at Will but if he doesn't have a great season at MLB dont pay him, lol

That is not how it went down. 

When Jack was drafted Caldwell was open about him being able to play anywhere but envisioning him in the middle. 
At the time, 90% of this message board was touting him as the Jags future version of Bobby Wagner. 
He was drafted to play in the middle. He didn't go there because "we had nobody else to play it." 

This out of position narrative you're touting is complete nonsense. Could he play the weak side better than he has the middle? Maybe. Could he really excel in the middle this year? Absolutely. 

Time may prove that he doesn't have everything you'd like from a stud 4-3 MIKE LB, but it won't be because he was "forced to play out of position."  He's not being forced to play out of position. HE'S LEARNING TO PLAY MIDDLE LB. 

Myles Jack is well built to be a prototypical modern middle linebacker. He just needs to get his head around it a little bit more.

(This post was last modified: 05-03-2019, 09:33 PM by JackCity.)

(05-03-2019, 08:59 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-03-2019, 08:19 PM)JackCity Wrote: 100%. He's already got the coverage part down which is the most important thing you want to see from a modern NFL Mike..the rest as you said is communicating and adjusting the defense which will get better with experience. The run fits weren't good but they wouldn't be good at WILL either.

Stumping up money for average off ball linebackers isn't how you build a team.  

Also nobody has disputed that he could play will very well or that his skillset suits it. Just that your assertion that he can't play Mike wasn't something you had a problem with in 2017, so clearly you were happy with his play there. Jack can be a very good mike, and a very good will, we just need to see more of it, and until he does he's not worth paying the money he'll command.

(This post was last modified: 05-03-2019, 09:41 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(05-03-2019, 09:31 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(05-03-2019, 08:59 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lol, it's funny some want him to play MLB but if he has an average year dont stump up money for him when he never got a chance to play his natural position.  90% of the analyst and a lot on here  knew his natural position was WLB except you and a few others.  We wanted him to play MLB because after Poz retired we had nobody else to play it and Telvin was at will  But after last year and Telvins play I think it's time to give Myles a shot at his true position instead of just give up on him all together when he if he isnt the best MLB.  Jack would probably be an all pro at Will but if he doesn't have a great season at MLB dont pay him, lol

Stumping up money for average off ball linebackers isn't how you build a team.  

Also nobody has disputed that he could play will very well or that his skillset suits it. Just that your assertion that he can't play Mike wasn't something you had a problem with in 2017, so clearly you were happy with his play there. Jack can be a very good mike, and a very good will, we just need to see more of it, and until he does he's not worth paying the money he'll command.
Where did I say he cant play Mike well?  He wasn't the MLB at UCLA because his natural position is Will.  You act like those 2 are the same position which it doesn't surprise me coming from you.  If hes average at MLB doesn't mean he would be average at Will and you dont just give up on him because he isn't the best MLB when he was never given a chance at his true position.  I know this is tough for you to understand but you are learning

Before you give up on him and not pay him because of his play at MLB you need to give him a shot at his true position

(05-03-2019, 09:38 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-03-2019, 09:31 PM)JackCity Wrote: Stumping up money for average off ball linebackers isn't how you build a team.  

Where did I say he cant play Mike well?  He wasn't the MLB at UCLA because his natural position is Will.  You act like those 2 are the same position which it doesn't surprise me coming from you.  If hes average at MLB doesn't mean he would be average at Will and you dont just give up on him because he isn't the best MLB when he was never given a chance at his true position.  I know this is tough for you to understand but you are learning

Before you give up on him and not pay him because of his play at MLB you need to give him a shot at his true position
Okay let's put your fantasy into practice. Let's say Telvin looks like his old self this year, who are your nickel backers and where do they play?

(05-03-2019, 09:48 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(05-03-2019, 09:38 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Where did I say he cant play Mike well?  He wasn't the MLB at UCLA because his natural position is Will.  You act like those 2 are the same position which it doesn't surprise me coming from you.  If hes average at MLB doesn't mean he would be average at Will and you dont just give up on him because he isn't the best MLB when he was never given a chance at his true position.  I know this is tough for you to understand but you are learning

Okay let's put your fantasy into practice. Let's say Telvin looks like his old self this year, who are your nickel backers and where do they play?
Let me ask you 2 questions.

1.  If Telvin got traded tomorrow where would you play him 

2.  If Jack got goes to another team next year what position does he play?

(This post was last modified: 05-03-2019, 10:18 PM by JackCity.)

(05-03-2019, 10:04 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-03-2019, 09:48 PM)JackCity Wrote: Okay let's put your fantasy into practice. Let's say Telvin looks like his old self this year, who are your nickel backers and where do they play?
Let me ask you 2 questions.

1.  If Telvin got traded tomorrow where would you play him 

2.  If Jack got goes to another team next year what position does he play?

Okay as long as you answer mine. 

1. I'd keep Jack at mike and play Ryan at will in nickel, but wouldn't be too pushed either way.

2. Depends on the team , he'd be a starting Mike for several teams, others might play him at will. 

Now you