Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Yannick Ngakoue has been absent from offseason workouts

(05-08-2019, 03:25 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(05-08-2019, 12:29 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I have a different definition of hell than you do apparently. 

Every successful franchise has to rid themselves of big contracts and replace them with talented and more affordable rookies from time to time. 
It's not that big of a deal. 

The Jags just did it with Malik Jackson and Taven Bryan, and it looks like they may be considering a similar move with Telvin and Quincy Williams next offseason. 

I think it's routine roster/cap management and I'm merely pointing out the possibility that Bouye's cap hit in 2020 might come under scrutiny from the front office.

I'm not so sure my definition is so different, but like Dante's Inferno, there are different levels. We're certainly not in it as deep as we were after the 2000 season. I'm positive if we started out $30 mil under instead of $10 mil over, Malik would still be on the roster and Bouye wouldn't even be mentioned in this discussion. Heck, if we had money to spend like the Raiders, AB might be on our roster. 

If they get deals done for both Ngakoue and Ramsey before the start of the 2020 season, then they'll have to make some room somewhere. (If Jack gets extended it really gets interesting)

Here is a list of players they'd save the most by releasing after 2019:

Dareus  ($20 mil)
Campbell ($15 mil)
Bouye (11.5 mil)
Linder (8 mil) 
Telvin  (7 mil)
Lee   (5 mil)

Dareus may be a restructure candidate (again) but they'll probably just look to replace him given the numbers. 
Campbell could be a restructure candidate, but they'll probably move on unless he stays a step ahead of father time this year again.
Linder will depend on health, performance and what they see coming their way in the draft.
Telvin is gone unless he lights it up this year on par w/ 2017 or better. (very possible)
Lee will be gone unless he and Foles make some magical connection that proves worth preserving. 

Bouye... well, he's on the list as one of the largest potential savings, so he can't afford to slip in performance - but I'd imagine he's safe in 2020 unless he drops off and the Jags don't move on from Dareus and Campbell for some reason.

Dareus, Campbell, Telvin and Lee are all much more likely to be released. Maybe Linder too, but hopefully it doesn't come to that.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The only way I see us extending Ramsey before 2020 is if he plays like he did in 2017. Otherwise we have the 5th year option and we can tag him.

(05-08-2019, 04:59 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The only way I see us extending Ramsey before 2020 is if he plays like he did in 2017.  Otherwise we have the 5th year option and we can tag him.

He'll hold out if they do that IMO. 

I wouldn't really blame him for doing so.

(This post was last modified: 05-08-2019, 05:15 PM by NH3.)

(05-07-2019, 11:28 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(05-07-2019, 09:18 PM)NH3 Wrote: For starters, let's look at Josh Allen as the premiere rusher and Quincy Williams as the thumper. Now, I do realize that neither of the aforementioned has played an down in the NFL, BUT watch their tape and prove me wrong. Allen vs. Unique and Jack vs. Williams. Unique is the man in my opinion and he deservers to be paid accordingly but it may not be w/our Jaguars. Also consider our recently signed FA MLB.

Can we afford to pay big contracts to Yannick, Jack and Smith? 

No we cannot due to our salary cap issues so whom do we retain? We've drafted to the point that we Will Not have to be shackled in such an predicament.

New England Patriots
Pittsburgh Steelers
Green Bay Packers

These are just a few teams that utilizes this approach to stay out of Salary Cap Hell.

NH3...

Since when are we in "Salary Cap Hell?"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/jaguarswire...ected/amp/

O.K. "Salary Cap Hell" may have been a little overboard, BUT it's extremely tight in my opinion. When we signed Foles, we became tight and had to release defensive players to stay above H2O...  

LMBO...

NH3...
"AZANE"

(This post was last modified: 05-08-2019, 06:09 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(05-08-2019, 05:04 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-08-2019, 04:59 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The only way I see us extending Ramsey before 2020 is if he plays like he did in 2017.  Otherwise we have the 5th year option and we can tag him.

He'll hold out if they do that IMO. 

Then I think we then trade him or he sits a year. You dont think he would play on the 5th year option or the the tag?

(05-08-2019, 05:57 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-08-2019, 05:04 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: He'll hold out if they do that IMO. 

I think we then trade him

[Image: giphy.gif]

The Jags are not trying to move on from the best football player on their roster. 

You know it's the dead zone when we're speculating potential salary cap moves for the next year's offseason and beyond.

You think he would sit out the whole season like Bell did?

I don't think it will come to that. I think he gets paid by this time next Spring. And no, I doubt he'd take a whole year off.

(This post was last modified: 05-08-2019, 06:14 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(05-08-2019, 06:08 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-08-2019, 05:57 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think we then trade him

[Image: giphy.gif]

The Jags are not trying to move on from the best football player on their roster. 

You know it's the dead zone when we're speculating potential salary cap moves for the next year's offseason and beyond.

(05-08-2019, 05:57 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:  You think he would sit out the whole season like Bell did?

I don't think it will come to that. I think he gets paid by this time next Spring. And no, I doubt he'd take a whole year off.
I meant to say then i think we trade him if he dont sign it

They arent trying to move him but if he dont sign the tag his is forcing their hand.

I know Tom and Dave arent going to make him the highest paid corner in the league for the way he played 3 years prior.  If he mirrors his play from last year he wont get that huge extension from us like he wants, he will get the tag

(05-08-2019, 06:13 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I meant to say then i think we trade him if he dont sign it

They arent trying to move him but if he dont sign the tag his is forcing their hand.

I know Tom and Dave arent going to make him the highest paid corner in the league for the way he played 3 years prior.  If he mirrors his play from last year he wont get that huge extension from us like he wants, he will get the tag

He played through a knee injury last year. And he was still really good. I feel certain he'll make them want to pay up if he stays healthy.

(05-08-2019, 06:29 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-08-2019, 06:13 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I meant to say then i think we trade him if he dont sign it

He played through a knee injury last year. And he was still really good. I feel certain he'll make them want to pay up if he stays healthy.

He played well but not good enough to make him the highest paid corner.  If he mirrors his play from last year I dont think he will get the contract he wants and he will have to play on his 5th year option or he can demand a trade.

(05-08-2019, 06:38 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-08-2019, 06:29 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: He played through a knee injury last year. And he was still really good. I feel certain he'll make them want to pay up if he stays healthy.

He played well but not good enough to make him the highest paid corner.  If he mirrors his play from last year I dont think he will get the contract he wants and he will have to play on his 5th year option or he can demand a trade.

The only way he "mirrors" '18 is if he's hurt again, and I don't think the Jags will make him play on the option. They'll pay him.

(05-08-2019, 06:50 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-08-2019, 06:38 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He played well but not good enough to make him the highest paid corner.  If he mirrors his play from last year I dont think he will get the contract he wants and he will have to play on his 5th year option or he can demand a trade.

The only way he "mirrors" '18 is if he's hurt again, and I don't think the Jags will make him play on the option. They'll pay him.

Which games was he hurt in?

(05-08-2019, 06:53 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-08-2019, 06:50 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: The only way he "mirrors" '18 is if he's hurt again, and I don't think the Jags will make him play on the option. They'll pay him.

Which games was he hurt in?

most of them

Started in week three and he played the rest of the season on the bad knee. Did you not notice this going on at all?  
Dude was limping off the field at times.

(05-08-2019, 06:59 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-08-2019, 06:53 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Which games was he hurt in?

most of them

Started in week three and he played the rest of the season on the bad knee. Did you not notice this going on at all?  

What about week 1 and week 2 when he was getting beat by OBJ and Hogan?

(05-08-2019, 07:04 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-08-2019, 06:59 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: most of them

What about week 1 and week 2 when he was getting beat by OBJ and Hogan?

LOL

Your blue and orange bias is showing again. 

We don't know when or how he was hurt because he did everything he could to stay off of the injury report.  Week 3 is just when he was officially questionable for a game. He may have hurt the knee any time prior to that.

(05-08-2019, 06:59 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-08-2019, 06:53 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Which games was he hurt in?

most of them

He was injured the entire season. He suffered an ankle injury in training camp/preseason and it was blatantly obvious week 1 against the Giants. He got up slow multiple times and was limping around. OBJ even helped him up one time and talked to him for a second to check if he was alright after a play where Ramsey was very slow to get up.

Not sure when the knee injury happened, but he played injured from the very start of the season.

(05-05-2019, 12:33 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: In order of importance: defensive line, defensive back, then linebacker.  

Our linebackers are good, but they’re both replaceable.

I've actually seen a bunch of banter about this lately. An elite pass rusher is more valuable than an elite cornerback, but a bad cornerback is way more exploitable than a bad DL...so you kind of need all average or better corners while you can get away with a bad DL or two.

We finally get All Pro caliber players on this team and people just can't wait to trade them.....

I'll never understand it

Then I think we then trade him or he sits a year. You dont think he would play on the 5th year option or the the tag?

Whats with you and this trade Ramsey thing you've been clinging onto.  Did he personally offend you or cheat on his girl an holla at a woman in your family, what gives.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(05-09-2019, 09:59 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(05-08-2019, 05:57 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Then I think we then trade him or he sits a year. You dont think he would play on the 5th year option or the the tag?

Whats with you and this trade Ramsey thing you've been clinging onto.  Did he personally offend you or cheat on his girl an holla at a woman in your family, what gives.

What would you do if we tag him and dont give him the big contract and he holds out?  Would you just do like the Steelers did with Bell and get no picks?

(This post was last modified: 05-09-2019, 11:53 AM by RicoTx.)

(05-09-2019, 11:03 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-09-2019, 09:59 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: Whats with you and this trade Ramsey thing you've been clinging onto.  Did he personally offend you or cheat on his girl an holla at a woman in your family, what gives.

What would you do if we tag him and dont give him the big contract and he holds out?  Would you just do like the Steelers did with Bell and get no picks?

Why would you think Bell would have (or maybe I should just say would of for you) anything to do with Ramsey?  They are two completely different situations.  Bell was the most used back...hell, maybe player...in the NFL.  He was concerned about guarantees because he had taken so much punishment over his career and playing on the franchise tag offerred him zero future guarantees.  The shelf life of an NFL running back is much shorter than a DB.  But you pull this what if he does what Bell did out of thin air.

Give me one single other player that's done what Bell did in the history of the NFL.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]