Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Yannick Ngakoue has been absent from offseason workouts

(05-08-2019, 12:29 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-08-2019, 09:32 AM)Jags02 Wrote: That we're even having this conversation is a sign of being in salary cap hell. 

I have a different definition of hell than you do apparently. 

Every successful franchise has to rid themselves of big contracts and replace them with talented and more affordable rookies from time to time. 
It's not that big of a deal. 

The Jags just did it with Malik Jackson and Taven Bryan, and it looks like they may be considering a similar move with Telvin and Quincy Williams next offseason. 

I think it's routine roster/cap management and I'm merely pointing out the possibility that Bouye's cap hit in 2020 might come under scrutiny from the front office.

I'm not so sure my definition is so different, but like Dante's Inferno, there are different levels. We're certainly not in it as deep as we were after the 2000 season. I'm positive if we started out $30 mil under instead of $10 mil over, Malik would still be on the roster and Bouye wouldn't even be mentioned in this discussion. Heck, if we had money to spend like the Raiders, AB might be on our roster. 
'02

Messages In This Thread
RE: Yannick Ngakoue has been absent from offseason workouts - by Jags02 - 05-08-2019, 03:25 PM