Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Can we take Fournette AND Rebuild our OL in this draft?

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2017, 10:57 AM by JagFanFirst.)

Mojo (and others) say that the Jags don't have the kind of OL for Fournette to be effective. So my question would be, can we find the missing pieces in this draft to rebuild the line?

We have two pieces in place - Linder at Center, and Albert at LT (yes, I believe his holdout, or whatever it is, will be resolved).  The rest of the jobs are up for grabs, with maybe Cann holding on to his job.

I keep hearing Omameh's name batted around. Could he replace Parnell?

Realistically, what do we need to rebuild this line?  Let's say we can get two starting guards. Will that be enough?

What are the chances that Cam Robinson will fall in our lap for the second round? I know he's not a guard, but I'd sure love to see him in competition with Albert.

Also, speaking for myself, I could live without drafting a TE.  We have Koyak and Sterling. The OL must take priority, especially if we draft Fournette, which we probably will.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Any RB we take wouldn't be successful behind the offensive line that we saw last year.

But to answer your question, we can certainly rebuild the line if we use our round 2 and 3 picks on those positions. Starting multiple rookies is never a good idea but we wouldn't see the fruit of that labor until the following year IMO.

And to add to above- I don't consider tight end a major need this year either. Using a high pick on a tight end should be considered a luxury once we finish rebuilding.

Would the Oline improve under a run first vs pass first offense?
Blakes Life Matters

They aren't rebuilding the offensive line with this draft anyway.

Aside from Linder, they every position needs an upgrade.

;

;

Quote:They aren't rebuilding the offensive line with this draft anyway.

Aside from Linder, they every position needs an upgrade.

I think Lamp would be a big upgrade as a guard. If we were lucky enough to pick him in the second. 

Quote:Any RB we take wouldn't be successful behind the offensive line that we saw last year.

But to answer your question, we can certainly rebuild the line if we use our round 2 and 3 picks on those positions. Starting multiple rookies is never a good idea but we wouldn't see the fruit of that labor until the following year IMO.
Second round picks should be good enough to play significant minuets in the NFL right away if not be a starter. If they can't then they should be a 3rd rounder.

Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

Quote:Second round picks should be good enough to play significant minuets in the NFL right away if not be a starter. If they can't then they should be a 3rd rounder.

I was implying starting a 2nd round guard and a 3rd round guard/tackle on the same line at the same time. Yes, they should be able to play early but rookies are inconsistent and having 2 start is a bad idea. With that said I'd rather do that because 1. Blake is already broken and 2. The experience will help in 2018.

Going with Fournette at 4...the dream scenario would be:

Lamp in the 2nd

Moton//Dawkins in the 3rd

I think you'd go a long way with this draft and just take the possible lumps with rookie OG/OT on the same line.

Is it not possible to see improvement , besides a new LG and some experience, when you do more run blocking?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is most line men prefer to run block. So...if the team balances the attack evenly, wouldn't the chances of improvement increase? So hammering with Ivory and Fournette could very well do that.

Otherwise the OLine will be a concern and without blowing open holes the run game, again, will flop and BB has to toss it 35 times a game or more. Not good.

The signing of a FB has me thinking this is the plan. Sorta has to be imo.

Plus another year under Marrones watch, we could see improvement.
Blakes Life Matters

Considering the OL can't be fixed with the #4 overall, I see no reason why we can't.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Cam Robinson goes 10 to 20 imo. Ideally a trade back to 12 would work and select OT there. Package both seconds and a fourth to move ahead of Miami and pick up Lamp. Take the flyer on a fifth round rb as we just wasted a second on Yeldon and signed Ivory.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Moton or Elfein in the 2nd. Siragusa in the 3rd.

Fournette

Feeney/Dawkins/Lamp/Rominson

Moton/Elfein

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2017, 05:53 PM by Teal Time Radio.)

no the running game is not a huge part of Todays NFL.   Plus ya can't expect a bunch of rookie oline to be like Tony B?

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

You cant fix everything in one year, if they bring in one more ol, maybe we will be better, if not there is next year too.
[img]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/1a8a2498-9833-4b7d-8cc7-5e45aa36d9f6[/img][img=648x560]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/cfd7a344-8206-4fed-a4c4-6536e150b1a7[/img]

In Tom We Trust

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Yeah. I would really be okay with the rest of our picks being spent on offensive line.

Almost half way through the first round and all the OLinemen are still available...

Quote:Almost half way through the first round and all the OLinemen are still available...
Is that good or bad?