Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cody Kessler released

(This post was last modified: 05-09-2019, 12:26 PM by Brett.)

Just got an ESPN update on my phone.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

They aren't playing around. Now we see who wins the backup spot. Minchew should be the heavy favorite.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

A wise move in my book.

I know I've seen enough from Kessler to want a better backup. Glad they have too.

(05-09-2019, 12:32 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: A wise move in my book.

I know I've seen enough from Kessler to want a better backup. Glad they have too.

But they have a great backup. NF7 is here. TongueTongueTongue

I was relatively optimistic about Kessler last year when he first started playing... that optimism soon disappeared.

I do have the same sympathy for him that I have for Bortles though, playing behind the tattered remains of that o-line last season was not gonna turn out well for anyone.

Makes perfect sense to release him and let the younger QBs battle it out to be the backup.

(05-09-2019, 12:40 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote:
(05-09-2019, 12:32 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: A wise move in my book.

But they have a great backup. NF7 is here. TongueTongueTongue

Hes better than the Rams backup

(05-09-2019, 12:44 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-09-2019, 12:40 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: But they have a great backup. NF7 is here. TongueTongueTongue

Hes better than the Rams backup

yea he probably is better then geoff Big Grin

That's two draft picks wasted. The Cleveland Browns thank you for doing business with them.

(05-09-2019, 12:56 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: That's two draft picks wasted. The Cleveland Browns thank you for doing business with them.

The Browns off all teams. The flippin Browns, lol.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

I'm slightly surprised they didn't carry Kessler into training camp, however, the second Minshew was drafted I was very confident he'd ultimately beat out Kessler. 
'02

And nothing of value was lost.

(05-09-2019, 12:57 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(05-09-2019, 12:56 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: That's two draft picks wasted. The Cleveland Browns thank you for doing business with them.

The Browns off all teams. The flippin Browns, lol.
These aren't the same Browns from before. That's absolutely for sure.

Once Brady is gone, it's going to be the Mahomes vs Baker show.

Bye Bye. It would be interesting to see who rises up to be the backup.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

We still have that Canadian Quaterback too

(05-09-2019, 01:23 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: We still have that Canadian Quaterback too

Nah. They never signed that guy. Just brought him in for a workout IIRC.

(05-09-2019, 01:23 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: We still have that Canadian Quaterback too

We have the great Alex McGough to battle with Minshew. And of course Tanner Lee....
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Marvell Tell III (S) from USC - Drafted with the 5th rounder we gave up for Carlos Hyde
Donnie Lewis Jr. (CB) from Tulane - Drafted with the 7th we gave up for Cody Kessler

If either of those guys pan out .. you can be upset. If they're out of the league in a few years ... well it's a wash. As is the nature of picks late in the draft.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

McGough, Lee, and Minshew....these look more like QB3 development types for 2019, instead of ones fighting to be the backup or QB2. I am hoping they are able to pick up a better backup alternative somewhere down the line. Maybe Minshew turns out better than I anticipate.

Good
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"