Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Telvin Smith Taking the Year Off in 2019

https://twitter.com/zach_goodall/status/...7276574722

And now that late third pick makes lots of sense.

I wonder what is really going on with #50?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

What the heck?
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Welp. Next man up.

Maybe a suspension coming?

That’s all I can figure.

Seen it and I hope he gets right. With all the talk about the front office not having any contact, there must have been some with all their preemptive shuffling. I'll miss his personality but I think his production can be matched by someone else for 2019 and perhaps beyond. It'll be interesting.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

I wonder how much this will save us on the salary cap.

(05-09-2019, 03:22 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Maybe a suspension coming?

That’s all I can figure.

This has been my guess all along.

Welp does that mean we save the 10 mil on the cap? So it wasn't overblown, eh? lol

He's a $12 mil cap hit this year. $10 mil of that is base salary. Will that free up 10 mil in cap space for the Jags?

That’s all I can figure.
Would have to be a pretty major first strike to give up the year. Pretty sure something that significant would have leaked before now.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

That's fine. He's welcome to get his world in order by taking a sabbatical.

If he's suspended, the team will get some cap relief from that. If not, maybe Shad should consider going after some of that guaranteed money?

Now Frangie is sitting here saying there are off field issues that are very concerning to the front office, so it sure does sound like something with a potential suspension is looming, and it's not a self-imposed break.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(05-09-2019, 03:27 PM)B2hibry Wrote:

That’s all I can figure.
Would have to be a pretty major first strike to give up the year. Pretty sure something that significant would have leaked before now.

Well, it might be a run-of-the-mill 4 game susp, but perhaps he just wants/needs to enter a rehab or counseling program and repair some family relationships.  I'm just spitballing, of course. No clue what is really going on.

The murder of Telvin Smith's brother and retirement of Paul Posluszny appears to have taken its toll on Telvin. Hopefully, the season off will make a positive difference in his life.

Man, this feels like a huge loss for the team. Maybe I'm over reacting, but who's going to just step in and do what Telvin does?

So does Allen see more reps at OLB now?

If Ryan plays inside they could move Jack to Telvin's spot and then maybe rotate Williams and the kid from Wisconsin on the other side maybe?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

it could be somthing medical that he has to take time off for treatment but does not want the world to know so the FO has been hush hush about it.

I wish the best for him. Football is just a game at the end of the day and he has a kid so I hope he gets everything in order and comes back in 2020 healthy and refreshed with his mind straight and clear. I also don't think this is indicative of a suspension forthcoming

(05-09-2019, 03:37 PM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote: Man, this feels like a huge loss for the team. Maybe I'm over reacting, but who's going to just step in and do what Telvin does?

Quincy Williams.

(05-09-2019, 03:40 PM)Caldrac Wrote: So does Allen see more reps at OLB now?

If Ryan plays inside they could move Jack to Telvin's spot and then maybe rotate Williams and the kid from Wisconsin on the other side maybe?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I doubt this has any effect on how they use Allen. 

He'll get reps at both DE spots in rotation and probably a few more at SAM. 

Telvin just gets replaced by Williams or maybe one of the newly signed journeymen temporarily if Williams isn't ready to go by week one.

Jags LB Telvin Smith says he won't play football in 2019

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...ll-in-2019

Jaguars linebacker Telvin Smith said on Instagram on Thursday that he is taking "time away from" football and will not play during the 2019 season.

https://twitter.com/phillip_heilman/stat...49408?s=21
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."