Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Telvin Smith Taking the Year Off in 2019

(06-17-2019, 12:01 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-17-2019, 11:31 AM)knarnn Wrote: Anyone remember this story from last year?:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...-me-happy/

Sounds awfully familiar huh?

Cravens eventually did come back and self admittedly was dealing with post concussion syndrome.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/08/15/sua-cr...er-broncos

Maybe Telvin is dealing with the same?

Definitely a possibility.

It was also explain his drop off from 2017 to 2018.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-17-2019, 02:47 AM)Predator Wrote:
(06-17-2019, 12:10 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Can someone translate this because I don't understand what the heck he's saying.
I think he is trying to say is football isn't a priority right now and if he can't put his full focus behind playing like he has been, then he would be cheating himself and the fans.

Definitely sounds like a guy going through some sort of mental/emotional crisis.

I wish him well.

Thank you. I wish people could just use the English language to communicate. All this shorthand stuff makes no sense. I guess sometimes people try to say stuff without actually saying it for whatever reason.

I said it when the news first came out- dude is dealing with some serious personal issues and needs to take care of himself. I hope he is able to get his mind right. It's no kind of life to be stuff in the Black Hole of mental distress.

(06-17-2019, 11:11 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(06-17-2019, 02:47 AM)Predator Wrote: I think he is trying to say is football isn't a priority right now and if he can't put his full focus behind playing like he has been, then he would be cheating himself and the fans.

Definitely sounds like a guy going through some sort of mental/emotional crisis.

I wish him well.

Thank you. I wish people could just use the English language to communicate. All this shorthand stuff makes no sense. I guess sometimes people try to say stuff without actually saying it for whatever reason.

I said it when the news first came out- dude is dealing with some serious personal issues and needs to take care of himself. I hope he is able to get his mind right. It's no kind of life to be stuff in the Black Hole of mental distress.

I think Telvin will be fine.  He's probably doing what alot of players think about doing at some point in their careers, but others still play anyway.  

I always love the "use english" debate.  Is it reallyyyyyyy English though, or what the founders made up as their own broken english.  i like slang, its like our race making our own broken english language ourselves.  Ironic isnt it.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(06-17-2019, 11:11 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(06-17-2019, 02:47 AM)Predator Wrote: I think he is trying to say is football isn't a priority right now and if he can't put his full focus behind playing like he has been, then he would be cheating himself and the fans.

I wish him well.

He's using english

(This post was last modified: 06-18-2019, 12:15 PM by americus 2.0.)

(06-18-2019, 08:47 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(06-17-2019, 11:11 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Thank you. I wish people could just use the English language to communicate. All this shorthand stuff makes no sense. I guess sometimes people try to say stuff without actually saying it for whatever reason.

I think Telvin will be fine.  He's probably doing what alot of players think about doing at some point in their careers, but others still play anyway.  

I always love the "use english" debate.  Is it reallyyyyyyy English though, or what the founders made up as their own broken english.  i like slang, its like our race making our own broken english language ourselves.  Ironic isnt it.

British English and American English are definitely very different. I've always wanted to learn how "jumpers" became "sweaters" and "trainers" became "sneakers", among many others. While living in Germany I became friends with an Australian girl who was married to an American soldier and sometimes she sounded completely foreign to me. Lol. 

As for slang, I don't mind it, use(d) plenty of it myself, but I'm of the age now, and never having raised any kids to keep me up to date on such things, I am lost more often than not on slang and acronyms. I learned a lot from living and working in the ghetto of Jacksonville but that was 10 years ago now. Living in small town NC doesn't keep me up on such things.  Big Grin

(06-18-2019, 10:40 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(06-17-2019, 11:11 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Thank you. I wish people could just use the English language to communicate. All this shorthand stuff makes no sense. I guess sometimes people try to say stuff without actually saying it for whatever reason.

He's using english

I guess I'm this case sentence structure or full sentences would make more sense. Whatever the case, I just didn't understand what he was saying in the way he worded it.

(06-18-2019, 12:13 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(06-18-2019, 08:47 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: I think Telvin will be fine.  He's probably doing what alot of players think about doing at some point in their careers, but others still play anyway.  

British English and American English are definitely very different. I've always wanted to learn how "jumpers" became "sweaters" and "trainers" became "sneakers", among many others. While living in Germany I became friends with an Australian girl who was married to an American soldier and sometimes she sounded completely foreign to me. Lol. 

As for slang, I don't mind it, use(d) plenty of it myself, but I'm of the age now, and never having raised any kids to keep me up to date on such things, I am lost more often than not on slang and acronyms. I learned a lot from living and working in the ghetto of Jacksonville but that was 10 years ago now. Living in small town NC doesn't keep me up on such things.  Big Grin

(06-18-2019, 10:40 AM)JackCity Wrote: He's using english

I guess I'm this case sentence structure or full sentences would make more sense. Whatever the case, I just didn't understand what he was saying in the way he worded it.

You're not alone.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(06-18-2019, 12:13 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(06-18-2019, 08:47 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: I think Telvin will be fine.  He's probably doing what alot of players think about doing at some point in their careers, but others still play anyway.  

(06-18-2019, 10:40 AM)JackCity Wrote: He's using english

I get lost at times as well, with the teenage generation nowadays.  My son speaks proper english better than i do, but he goes to school in Jersey, so thats why.  I just think its fun learning the different things people come up with, but i can admit, it does get too outrageous and overcomplicated at times.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

If I were the Jags I would flat out trade Telvin. The way he has handled this whole thing if nothing else was unprofessional. Pay me millions and I’m showing up to freaking work. Good grief...
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(06-22-2019, 08:10 PM)Ronster Wrote: If I were the Jags I would flat out trade Telvin. The way he has handled this whole thing if nothing else was unprofessional. Pay me millions and I’m showing up to freaking work. Good grief...

So who the [BLEEP] is going to trade for him?  You think all the other GMs live in a cave? 

Good grief...
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(06-22-2019, 08:20 PM)Rico Wrote:
(06-22-2019, 08:10 PM)Ronster Wrote: If I were the Jags I would flat out trade Telvin. The way he has handled this whole thing if nothing else was unprofessional. Pay me millions and I’m showing up to freaking work. Good grief...

So who the [BLEEP] is going to trade for him?  You think all the other GMs live in a cave? 

Good grief...

I think someone would trade for him. Plenty of stupid GM’s
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

You only feel this way because YOU Don't make Millions. Those that do make Millions have the luxury of turning down Millions. Also Telvin informed the Jaguars prior to social media of his intentions. Our fan base reactions are evident.

"Good Grief"

NH3...
"AZANE"

(06-22-2019, 09:36 PM)NH3 Wrote:

You only feel this way because YOU Don't make Millions. Those that do make Millions have the luxury of turning down Millions. Also Telvin informed the Jaguars prior to social media of his intentions. Our fan base reactions are evident.

"Good Grief"

NH3...

So the Jags was lying when they said they haven't heard from him and didn't know anything?

(06-22-2019, 09:48 PM)uthill Wrote:
(06-22-2019, 09:36 PM)NH3 Wrote: You only feel this way because YOU Don't make Millions. Those that do make Millions have the luxury of turning down Millions. Also Telvin informed the Jaguars prior to social media of his intentions. Our fan base reactions are evident.

"Good Grief"

NH3...

So the Jags was lying when they said they haven't heard from him and didn't know anything?

Look at it this way. We loaded up on linebackers in FA and drafted an LB early in the 2019 NFL draft. Do you honestly believe that there wasn't any communication between the two? The Jaguars knew that Telvin would be absent. At which point and time is unknown. Coach Marrone stated that HE hasn't heard from Telvin BUT the front office game planned for his absence.

Do The Math.

NH3...
"AZANE"

I'd be ok with it. I've been talking about trading Telvin since January, although he might be kind of hard to trade now.

(06-22-2019, 09:36 PM)NH3 Wrote:

"Good Grief"

NH3...

According to who because the Jaguars stated several times that he did not.

(06-22-2019, 10:08 PM)NH3 Wrote:
(06-22-2019, 09:48 PM)uthill Wrote: So the Jags was lying when they said they haven't heard from him and didn't know anything?

Look at it this way. We loaded up on linebackers in FA and drafted an LB early in the 2019 NFL draft. Do you honestly believe that there wasn't any communication between the two? The Jaguars knew that Telvin would be absent. At which point and time is unknown. Coach Marrone stated that HE hasn't heard from Telvin BUT the front office game planned for his absence.

Do The Math.

NH3...

You've been listening to too much Alex Jones. There is no conspiracy here.

The Jaguars knew something was up alright, but only because they guessed correctly. It was clear that Telvin didn't say a peep until he came out on social media.
'02

(06-23-2019, 02:50 PM)Jags02 Wrote:

I'd be ok with it. I've been talking about trading Telvin since January, although he might be kind of hard to trade now.

(06-22-2019, 09:36 PM)NH3 Wrote: You only feel this way because YOU Don't make Millions. Those that do make Millions have the luxury of turning down Millions. Also Telvin informed the Jaguars prior to social media of his intentions. Our fan base reactions are evident.

"Good Grief"

NH3...

(06-22-2019, 10:08 PM)NH3 Wrote: Look at it this way. We loaded up on linebackers in FA and drafted an LB early in the 2019 NFL draft. Do you honestly believe that there wasn't any communication between the two? The Jaguars knew that Telvin would be absent. At which point and time is unknown. Coach Marrone stated that HE hasn't heard from Telvin BUT the front office game planned for his absence.

Do The Math.

NH3...

The Jaguars knew something was up alright, but only because they guessed correctly. It was clear that Telvin didn't say a peep until he came out on social media.

You’re on the money here, they didn’t, and you know they’d be called out on it by an agent or otherwise.  Telvin sure didn’t dispute it. 

The most likely scenario is they heard something was off from one source, the other, or both, and hedged themselves from being last ones out on the linebacker market.

I too am perturbed at Telvin for this- not for the year off, not for his posts, not for his reaction to others, but the way he’s handling things and not being a professional in doing the administrative things that benefit the team.  Then he expects them to just go, “it’s all ok...”

(06-23-2019, 11:43 PM)nate Wrote:
(06-23-2019, 02:50 PM)Jags02 Wrote: I'd be ok with it. I've been talking about trading Telvin since January, although he might be kind of hard to trade now.

You’re on the money here, they didn’t, and you know they’d be called out on it by an agent or otherwise.  Telvin sure didn’t dispute it. 

The most likely scenario is they heard something was off from one source, the other, or both, and hedged themselves from being last ones out on the linebacker market.

I too am perturbed at Telvin for this- not for the year off, not for his posts, not for his reaction to others, but the way he’s handling things and not being a professional in doing the administrative things that benefit the team.  Then he expects them to just go, “it’s all ok...”

And yet they're pretty much saying, "that's ok" aside from the fine which he knew full well he was getting. 
'02

(06-24-2019, 12:10 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
(06-23-2019, 11:43 PM)nate Wrote: You’re on the money here, they didn’t, and you know they’d be called out on it by an agent or otherwise.  Telvin sure didn’t dispute it. 

And yet they're pretty much saying, "that's ok" aside from the fine which he knew full well he was getting. 

Almost like he wasn't in their plans anyway...
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

One thing for sure. Telvin cannot be considered professional any more. Even if he returned tomorrow his actions have proved otherwise
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(06-24-2019, 12:10 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
(06-23-2019, 11:43 PM)nate Wrote: You’re on the money here, they didn’t, and you know they’d be called out on it by an agent or otherwise.  Telvin sure didn’t dispute it. 

They have nothing to say but that's ok. 1st it's a mental health issue, if he is actually getting treatment, then they legally can't do much. They can't afford to cut him. They can't trade him.

They only have the option to say ok, file your paperwork.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

(06-24-2019, 08:25 AM)Jagwired Wrote: One thing for sure. Telvin cannot be considered professional any more. Even if he returned tomorrow his actions have proved otherwise

Not that I agree or disagree with the whole Telvin thing but what you’re saying is even if he had a legitimate excuse that it’s not professional. For all we know it could be something medical with the guy... not professional to lose years off your life? Damn... unprofessional.