Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Telvin Smith Taking the Year Off in 2019

(06-25-2019, 04:00 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(06-24-2019, 08:25 AM)Jagwired Wrote: One thing for sure. Telvin cannot be considered professional any more. Even if he returned tomorrow his actions have proved otherwise

Not that I agree or disagree with the whole Telvin thing but what you’re saying is even if he had a legitimate excuse that it’s not professional. For all we know it could be something medical with the guy... not professional to lose years off your life? Damn... unprofessional.

There's nothing legitimate keeping him from filing papers to clarify his status for the team. Yeah, it is unprofessional.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-25-2019, 06:18 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-25-2019, 04:00 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Not that I agree or disagree with the whole Telvin thing but what you’re saying is even if he had a legitimate excuse that it’s not professional. For all we know it could be something medical with the guy... not professional to lose years off your life? Damn... unprofessional.

There's nothing legitimate keeping him from filing papers to clarify his status for the team. Yeah, it is unprofessional.

I will agree with that.  There is a trust issue that imo is now broken.  If it was medical I would believe he would say so.  I am thinking Telvin is done.  You don't just take a year off in your prime.  He should get a smaller contract if he does come back.  Do they work things like that in contracts.

What he has done is very unprofessional.

Telvin played his last down in the NFL.

(06-25-2019, 04:00 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(06-24-2019, 08:25 AM)Jagwired Wrote: One thing for sure. Telvin cannot be considered professional any more. Even if he returned tomorrow his actions have proved otherwise

Not that I agree or disagree with the whole Telvin thing but what you’re saying is even if he had a legitimate excuse that it’s not professional. For all we know it could be something medical with the guy... not professional to lose years off your life? Damn... unprofessional.

What’s unprofessional is saying what you intend to do then not taking the administrative action reflecting exactly that.

(02-03-2021, 07:53 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/TelvinSmith_22/statu...85409?s=19

Hmmm interesting. I loved Telvin but hes had a rough time since he left. Not really sure what caused him to step away to begin with.

(02-03-2021, 07:53 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/TelvinSmith_22/statu...85409?s=19

Time to leave them young girls alone and quit sellin drugs?

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

To buy a new SUV?
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

I’m pretty sure he still has charges pending for sex with a minor. Don’t think he’d even be able to play in the NFL. He also has to be a CI or something to not be in prison after the amount of pot in his house.

(02-03-2021, 08:39 PM)copycat Wrote:

To buy a new SUV?

A white Bronco?

It's time. Hard time, with no chance of parole.

That is the tweet of a desperate man with an FSU diploma, no real world job skills, and a life of regret.

That negative cash flow eventually catches up with you.

(02-03-2021, 08:39 PM)copycat Wrote:

To buy a new SUV?

Road trip with Justin Blackmon?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(02-04-2021, 07:49 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: That negative cash flow eventually catches up with you.

Yeah, he only played one year after signing that big extension.  He left a lot of money on the table.

Time for him to go to prison and start examining his life.

(02-04-2021, 09:03 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-04-2021, 07:49 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: That negative cash flow eventually catches up with you.

Yeah, he only played one year after signing that big extension.  He left a lot of money on the table.

He announced his stepping away suspiciously days after a $5M payment was due to him from the Jags per his contract.

I never heard anything about whether the Jags went after him for that or whether they had a leg to stand on to do so.

Whatever his total earnings were (don’t care to look it up), he apparently got his carrot and was no longer motivated by money.  Until now presumably.

It took awhile, but I believe the Jaguars are currently free and clear of Telvin Smith.  Even if he were re-instated in the NFL, he would be a free agent.

Please. Look who our coach is, he’d have Telvin in a heart beat if he thought he could help us win.

I’d wager we still have his rights.

(02-04-2021, 01:20 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: It took awhile, but I believe the Jaguars are currently free and clear of Telvin Smith.  Even if he were re-instated in the NFL, he would be a free agent.
Could be wrong, but I heard a radio guy say he was originally put on a reserve/retired list, and the Jags would own his rights if he were to return.