Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Telvin Smith Taking the Year Off in 2019

(This post was last modified: 05-14-2019, 01:15 PM by JagsFansince1995.)

(05-14-2019, 01:04 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-13-2019, 08:22 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: Most people are taking the noble approach of saying that there is more to life than football and wishing him the best. As much as i would like to genuinely feel that sentiment, I do not. I am on your side about this. I honestly will not lose a wink of sleep over this guy if he never plays another down for this team as long as his position is filled. You got payed millions to play a game. I would happily remind people who feel like he does of that If you want to simplify things into cliche statements like "there is more to life than football". You filled a roll that someone else would have been happy and grateful to fill only to walk away from it because you cant get your personal [BLEEP] in order. [BLEEP] off with that [BLEEP].
Wow. Spoken like a true loser. Bravo.

So you wouldnt take millions of dollars a year to play a season in the NFL.  You at least get your signing bonus guaranteed.  I'll take 9 million and play until injury stops me from ever playing again.  I mean, maybe this is why ppl complain about Sports salaries because i think ANYone who likes said sport will step on that field asap for millions of dollars a year.  One season with a brain for non sports money making and you're set.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Telvin Smith Taking the Year Off in 2019 - by JagsFansince1995 - 05-14-2019, 01:14 PM
nate - by nate - 06-25-2019, 10:37 PM
Jagswag - by JagSwag - 02-11-2021, 09:10 AM