Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Telvin Smith Taking the Year Off in 2019

(06-18-2019, 12:13 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(06-18-2019, 08:47 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: I think Telvin will be fine.  He's probably doing what alot of players think about doing at some point in their careers, but others still play anyway.  

I always love the "use english" debate.  Is it reallyyyyyyy English though, or what the founders made up as their own broken english.  i like slang, its like our race making our own broken english language ourselves.  Ironic isnt it.

British English and American English are definitely very different. I've always wanted to learn how "jumpers" became "sweaters" and "trainers" became "sneakers", among many others. While living in Germany I became friends with an Australian girl who was married to an American soldier and sometimes she sounded completely foreign to me. Lol. 

As for slang, I don't mind it, use(d) plenty of it myself, but I'm of the age now, and never having raised any kids to keep me up to date on such things, I am lost more often than not on slang and acronyms. I learned a lot from living and working in the ghetto of Jacksonville but that was 10 years ago now. Living in small town NC doesn't keep me up on such things.  Big Grin

(06-18-2019, 10:40 AM)JackCity Wrote: He's using english

I guess I'm this case sentence structure or full sentences would make more sense. Whatever the case, I just didn't understand what he was saying in the way he worded it.

I get lost at times as well, with the teenage generation nowadays.  My son speaks proper english better than i do, but he goes to school in Jersey, so thats why.  I just think its fun learning the different things people come up with, but i can admit, it does get too outrageous and overcomplicated at times.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Telvin Smith Taking the Year Off in 2019 - by JagsFansince1995 - 06-18-2019, 04:50 PM
nate - by nate - 06-25-2019, 10:37 PM
Jagswag - by JagSwag - 02-11-2021, 09:10 AM