Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags trivia

Without looking it up......

This one is for the OG’s 

What player number was the first Jaguar to be on the cover of Madden?

If you guess the jersey number you get half a point. If you guess the name you get half a point. If you guess the year, you get 2 points.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

#7. Byron Leftwich through Michael Vick. Madden 2003?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I believe that was Will Rackley.

I'm not sure I understand the question

#63 Michael Cheever 1997
'02

I forgot his name but it was a fullback with #40 on Madden 96. Released in 1995, it still had John Madden himself on the cover but also two players: one from each expansion team.

Le'Shai Maston
http://www.nfl.com/photos/09000d5d82894e...0000662038
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(This post was last modified: 05-21-2019, 03:48 PM by JagFanatic24.)

(05-20-2019, 06:51 AM)DragonFury Wrote: I forgot his name but it was a fullback with #40 on Madden 96. Released in 1995, it still had John Madden himself on the cover but also two players: one from each expansion team.

Yep

(05-20-2019, 08:46 AM)Hard_Eight Wrote: Le'Shai Maston
http://www.nfl.com/photos/09000d5d82894e...0000662038

Of all people they chose our fullback. They also chose the same number from the Panthers.

Mason wore 35 here. Are we sure it was him?

His name is on the jersey but I think they just put 40 on him and the Panthers player.

(05-22-2019, 09:28 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote: Mason wore 35 here. Are we sure it was him?

It was not Maston.

It was unheralded back-up TE/FB, Gordon Laro.  His NFL career spanned two whole games and featured one reception for 6 yards. He was a member of the Jaguars first undrafted rookie class from Coughlin's favorite breeding ground, Boston College. Signed with the team on April 23rd 1995. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/p...roGo20.htm

Laro attended the recent homecoming halftime in 2017 that hosted the following players:

Jason Babin, Bryan Barker, Tony Boselli, Kyle Bosworth, Kyle Brady, Mark Brunell, Fernando Bryant, Marco Coleman, Richard Collier, Eric Curry, Donovin Darius, Paul Frase, Jamaal Fudge, David Garrard, Ernest Givins, Quinn Gray, Chris Hanson, Reggie Hayward, Mike Hollis, Greg Huntington, Clint Ingram, Brian Iwuh, Greg Jones, Damon Jones, John Jurkovic, Jammie Kirlew, Jeff Lageman, Gordon Laro, Emarlos Leroy, Mike Logan, Chris Luzar, Lonnie Marts Jr., LeShai Maston, Corey Mayfield, Keenan McCardell, Scotty McGee, Tom McManus, Brad Meester, Pete Mitchell, Tom Myslinski, Todd Philcox, Adam Podlesh, Josh Scobee, Darren Studstill, Jimmy Redmond, Micah Ross, Jimmy Smith, Larry Smith Jr., Isaac Smolko, Scott Starks, Fred Taylor, Patrick Venzke, Dave Widell, Maurice Williams, David Young, Joe Zelenka

I don’t think it’s Laro. When I blow up the picture, the back of the jersey says L.MA

And then I can’t read the rest of it. Maybe Mastin switched numbers later on like a lot of players do.

Side note: Maston signed my cast when I broke my ankle in the 10th grade. And I had an Andre Rison card and Rison signed that after practice one hot summer day.

(05-23-2019, 12:07 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I don’t think it’s Laro. When I blow up the picture, the back of the jersey says L.MA

And then I can’t read the rest of it. Maybe Mastin switched numbers later on like a lot of players do.

Side note: Maston signed my cast when I broke my ankle in the 10th grade. And I had an Andre Rison card and Rison signed that after practice one hot summer day.

It's Laro.  The name on the back clearly starts with LA, and the 3rd letter isn't even readable between his helmet and the sun.  Besides, they wouldn't waste their time photoshopping a still photo just so both players would have the number 40.

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...37461.html

(This post was last modified: 05-23-2019, 06:03 PM by JagFanatic24.)

Yeah...it’s Laro

Dang man, back then it wasn’t a big deal being on the cover like it is today.

I have no idea who Laro is.

(05-23-2019, 06:03 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Yeah...it’s Laro

Dang man, back then it wasn’t a big deal being on the cover like it is today.

I have no idea who Laro is.

I tried to tell you who Laro is a few posts ago.  Tongue

I'll accept my trivia winner internet cookie dollars via Venmo, Zelle, Cash app, or PayPal.

You won the contest. I have to give a point to Dragon Fury. Madden 96 was the first madden game I ever owned. I still remember opening it for Christmas at 4am.

My parents fell back asleep as I continued to play game after game with the Jags. The good old days....

(05-19-2019, 07:55 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Without looking it up......

This one is for the OG’s 

What player number was the first Jaguar to be on the cover of Madden?

If you guess the jersey number you get half a point. If you guess the name you get half a point. If you guess the year, you get 2 points.

Without looking it up? I'd guess it was Brunell, #8 in 96.

(05-23-2019, 09:37 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: You won the contest. I have to give a point to Dragon Fury. Madden 96 was the first madden game I ever owned. I still remember opening it for Christmas at 4am.

My parents fell back asleep as I continued to play game after game with the Jags. The good old days....

Oh, I thought you meant as the featured player.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(05-23-2019, 09:37 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: You won the contest. I have to give a point to Dragon Fury. Madden 96 was the first madden game I ever owned. I still remember opening it for Christmas at 4am.

I cannot accept any prize or credit. 
  I had no idea. 
I just saw the picture and looked up the 1995 roster and scrolled to #40. 
Ninja

I mean, seriously...  Gordon Laro???  Who???

I was today years old when I found out Gameday ‘98 has a Jaguars player tackling Jerome Bettis.

Anybody know what Jaguars player? My guess is Lonnie Marts, but he didn’t sign here until ‘99. It can’t be Lageman or Swartz.

(This post was last modified: 02-08-2023, 08:17 PM by Eric1. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-08-2023, 02:46 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I was today years old when I found out Gameday ‘98 has a Jaguars player tackling Jerome Bettis.

Anybody know what Jaguars player? My guess is Lonnie Marts, but he didn’t sign here until ‘99. It can’t be Lageman or Swartz.

It's definitely either #56 Jeff Lageman or #58 Bryan Schwartz.