Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Mariota on approach to contract season: 'Let it ride'

Mariota on approach to contract season: 'Let it ride'

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...et-it-ride

Tennessee Titans quarterback Marcus Mariota is entering the final year of his rookie contract. Mariota, who has yet to play a full 16-game season, says he's going to make the most of the situation.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

As a Jags fan and behalf of rest of AFC South, I hope Titans extend him to a multi year contract.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(05-22-2019, 09:54 AM)KingJones Wrote: As a Jags fan and behalf of rest of AFC South, I hope Titans extend him to a multi year contract.

Some on here thinks he will get 30 mil a year.  Would be as bad as us giving Bortles his contract

(05-22-2019, 10:46 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-22-2019, 09:54 AM)KingJones Wrote: As a Jags fan and behalf of rest of AFC South, I hope Titans extend him to a multi year contract.

Some on here thinks he will get 30 mil a year.  Would be as bad as us giving Bortles his contract

I wouldn't call that bad lol
[Image: giphy.gif]

(05-22-2019, 11:10 AM)KingJones Wrote:
(05-22-2019, 10:46 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Some on here thinks he will get 30 mil a year.  Would be as bad as us giving Bortles his contract

I wouldn't call that bad lol

Not for us lol

(05-22-2019, 10:46 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

He's on the prove it year of his contract. If he proves it, $25 million to $30 million should be his range.

(05-22-2019, 05:17 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-22-2019, 11:10 AM)KingJones Wrote: I wouldn't call that bad lol

Not for us lol

He is 6-2 against the Jags with a 93.9 passer rating. He has thrown for more yards and TD's against the Jags than he has any other team. How is that good for you?

(05-23-2019, 07:44 AM)Psychop1 Wrote:
(05-22-2019, 05:17 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Not for us lol

He is 6-2 against the Jags with a 93.9 passer rating. He has thrown for more yards and TD's against the Jags than he has any other team. How is that good for you?

If a division opponent pays through the nose to keep a lackluster QB, it's good for us. 

Mariota vs the current Jags defense (2017/2018) is averaging 150 yards per game, .33 TD per game  (notice the decimal) -  1 sack per game  - and .5 picks per game. 

Yes, please pay that guy 25 million a year or more. 

The thumbtacks' recent success against the Jags has not been because of Mariota. He was really only a determining factor in one of those four wins.

(This post was last modified: 05-23-2019, 11:11 AM by SeldomRite.)

(05-23-2019, 08:36 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-23-2019, 07:44 AM)Psychop1 Wrote: He is 6-2 against the Jags with a 93.9 passer rating. He has thrown for more yards and TD's against the Jags than he has any other team. How is that good for you?

If a division opponent pays through the nose to keep a lackluster QB, it's good for us. 

Mariota vs the current Jags defense (2017/2018) is averaging 150 yards per game, .33 TD per game  (notice the decimal) -  1 sack per game  - and .5 picks per game. 

Yes, please pay that guy 25 million a year or more. 

The thumbtacks' recent success against the Jags has not been because of Mariota. He was really only a determining factor in one of those four wins.

Right, he's looked like a smaller Bortles with less production. The tacks paying Mariota would be like the broncos paying Tebow. As someone that doesn't like the tacks I'd love seeing them handcuff themselves to Mariota even worse than the Jaguars did with Bortles.

We're gonna extend him as long as he doesnt miss over 2 games this season, and is available at the end. If those things happen he will have a solid->good season at least. Mariota can play, when he isn't hurt. He is absolutely has the "it" factor when we need it most. The fact we can get him probably on the low end of the QB contract spectrum only makes it even better.

If he hits FA after this season you can bet your [BLEEP] there will be more people lining up for him than there was for Foles. (cuz there was only one, the jagrags)

(05-30-2019, 06:53 PM)VondyP Wrote: We're gonna extend him as long as he doesnt miss over 2 games this season, and is available at the end. If those things happen he will have a solid->good season at least. Mariota can play, when he isn't hurt. He is absolutely has the "it" factor when we need it most. The fact we can get him probably on the low end of the QB contract spectrum only makes it even better.

If he hits FA after this season you can bet your [BLEEP] there will be more people lining up for him than there was for Foles. (cuz there was only one, the jagrags)

Must be an interesting place in your fantasy world...
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(05-30-2019, 06:53 PM)VondyP Wrote: We're gonna extend him as long as he doesnt miss over 2 games this season, and is available at the end. If those things happen he will have a solid->good season at least. Mariota can play, when he isn't hurt. He is absolutely has the "it" factor when we need it most. The fact we can get him probably on the low end of the QB contract spectrum only makes it even better.

True, XFL will have how many teams looking to fill their rosters?

(This post was last modified: 06-11-2019, 09:23 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Laughing

https://twitter.com/PaulKuharskyNFL/stat...17665?s=19

(06-11-2019, 09:23 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Laughing

This is bad news, actually.  We need him to be lights out up until the megacontract is signed, THEN regress back to this state.

(06-12-2019, 08:28 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(06-11-2019, 09:23 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Laughing

This is bad news, actually.  We need him to be lights out up until the megacontract is signed, THEN regress back to this state.
Mehta, they will blow the pick on the next QB they draft.  They always do

we talkin bout practice

(06-13-2019, 12:08 AM)VondyP Wrote: we talkin bout practice
Looks like practice matches his games.  I just wish you were the GM so he could get that big extension

(06-13-2019, 03:19 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(06-13-2019, 12:08 AM)VondyP Wrote: we talkin bout practice
Looks like practice matches his games.  I just wish you were the GM so he could get that big extension

mariota is one of the most accurate QBs in the game, try again

Poi for everyone once the Mary signs that deal.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(06-16-2019, 07:41 PM)VondyP Wrote:
(06-13-2019, 03:19 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Looks like practice matches his games.  I just wish you were the GM so he could get that big extension

mariota is one of the most accurate QBs in the game, try again

Gee.. I remember when David Carr completed 68% of his passes, but only threw for a crappy 11 TDs too.