Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Green Bay Packer QB And Legend Bart Starr Passes Away At 85

Hi, Jaguars fans.  Sad news today as Packer QB and Pro Football Hall Of Famer Bart Starr passes away at 85 years.   RIP Bart.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bart_Starr

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

RIP Mr. Starr.

I am too young to remember him as a player-except through the magic of NFL films-but I remember when he was the Packers' head coach.

Even though I was never a Packers' fan, through the myriad, John Facenda narrated highlights, it seems as though Starr helped shape my football fandom. By all accounts I have heard over the years, he's always been a class act and fundamentally decent man.

The NFL and the world lost an all time great.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Yeah, this was before my time, but I too enjoyed his highlights thanks to NFL Films. You knew things were starting to turn earlier this year when Calais won his award, and the wife made the call and said he was struggling with health issues.

RIP
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Sad news for sure.  I never saw him play live or real-time on TV, but I have watched many of his games and read many books about him.  Truly one of the all time greatest.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.