Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I wish we had a coach like Mike Zimmer

Team is so disciplined. A player jumped offsides and he went ballistic, Gus would just write down in his notepad. We need a culture change and need to hire someone like Zimmer.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

You are so far off base.

Everybody knows Teddy carried that team to the playoffs.

Oh, wait...

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

I do think this team is a good coach away from being a real player. The team has enough talent at every single position to that they should be able to go up with pretty much any team. I truly hope the next coach comes here and gets creative, especially on the defensive side of the ball. A creative, defensive-mided coach should be drooling at the thought of coaching Ramsey, Telvin, Fowler, Ngakoue, Jack, Day, Malik, etc.

Maybe we can pry Jim Schwartz from the Eagles next year

Quote:Team is so disciplined. A player jumped offsides and he went ballistic, Gus would just write down in his notepad. We need a culture change and need to hire someone like Zimmer.
I'm very unclear by your posts if you are in support of Gus or think he should be fired. Which is it again?

I'd like Zimmer (or a coach like him) because he's a good football coach. 

Not because he "went ballistic" on the sideline rather than noting the issue to address later.  His sideline reactions to penalties are not why the vikings are a disciplined team. 

Quote:I'd like Zimmer (or a coach like him) because he's a good football coach.

Not because he "went ballistic" on the sideline rather than noting the issue to address later. His sideline reactions to penalties are not why the vikings are a disciplined team.

Duhhhhh, did i say thats why they are a good team? He gets on his players, the culture of i expect no penalties period.

Quote:Duhhhhh, did i say thats why they are a good team? He gets on his players, the culture of i expect no penalties period.

It was your chosen example.

I've been saying I'd like to see more discipline from the Jags and questioning the coaching staff's role in that area since this time last season.

My point is that there are/have been many great coaches with disciplined teams that are stoic on the sideline and save the "getting on their players" stuff for when the cameras are off.

Whatever Gus is doing when the cameras are off isn't working. We know that.

I think the Bengals messed up by keeping Marvin Lewis and letting Zimmer go HC elsewhere.

Lewis is a pretty good coach (he did change the losing culture there around).

However, Cincy is constantly getting pnalties and making stupid costly mistakes in just about every game. It's a HUGE reason why they can't get "over the hump" in 7 playoff apprarances. Look no further than the undisciplined antics of their playoff game last year. It cost them dearly, when they had that game won even with a backup QB.

Zimmer is an excellent coach. Minnesota's toughness and discipline is reflecting that now.

Quote:You are so far off base.

Everybody knows Teddy carried that team to the playoffs.

Oh, wait...
Teddys injury was a blessing in disguise for that team as long as Bradford can stay healthy

Quote:I'd like Zimmer (or a coach like him) because he's a good football coach. 

Not because he "went ballistic" on the sideline rather than noting the issue to address later.  His sideline reactions to penalties are not why the vikings are a disciplined team. 

Haha this

I like Zimmer also. He's to hoping they make the playoffs and Walsh misses a game winner and Zimmer gets canned after playoff appearance like Lovie did.

Quote:Team is so disciplined. A player jumped offsides and he went ballistic, Gus would just write down in his notepad. We need a culture change and need to hire someone like Zimmer.

This thread couldn't be more wrong. Everybody knows he would put his hands on his knees and just store the penalty in the memory bank. No notepad needed.

[Image: USATSI_8869815_168381599_lowres.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2016, 04:00 PM by JagFanatic24.)

Just give me Coughlin

Kyle Shanahan is going to be a hot name in the coming months.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Kyle Shanahan is going to be a hot name in the coming months.

Too young to be a HC this point I feel. At 36 I'd imagine he'd find it hard to lead a team.

Mike Zimmer is not only an excellent tactician.  He's also an excellent leader and has put together an outstanding coaching staff.   This Vikings Defense is loaded with talent but they are extremely well coached on top of that.

Gus will CRUSH Mike come the time.

~~~~ Stephon, 2016

Quote:Too young to be a HC this point I feel. At 36 I'd imagine he'd find it hard to lead a team.

Meh. Tomlin was what? 35 when he look over the Steelers. Pretty sure Gruden was around that age as well we he took over.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Meh. Tomlin was what? 35 when he look over the Steelers. Pretty sure Gruden was around that age as well we he took over.
Cowher was the same age as well.