Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Like button

Where did the like button go?  I really want to like jagsfan3.141592654’s posts.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-02-2019, 07:34 PM)Jags Wrote: Where did the like button go?  I really want to like jagsfan3.141592654’s posts.
Just as Mikesez was hitting his groove too!

Oh, I see we aren't allowed to talk about it. Pathetic.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-03-2019, 09:04 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Oh, I see we aren't allowed to talk about it. Pathetic.

what makes you say that?

(06-02-2019, 07:34 PM)Jags Wrote: Where did the like button go?  I really want to like jagsfan3.141592654’s posts.

You could say the disappearance of the feature is one of those "this is why we can't have nice things" situations. 

Repeated misuse of the feature which lead to repeated misuse of the "report" feature eventually led to the demise of the button and the reputation numbers. 

It wasn't one situation, but several similar instances since the move to our new board. 

With apologies to those who enjoyed the feature, we had to make a move to streamline moderation efforts by removing the steady stream of reports and complaints from those involved in personal squabbles leading to misuse of the feature.

What a bunch of [BLEEP]. Wow. This board has gone to [BLEEP].
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Where's my negative red 122. I was so proud of looking at and wanted to see it grow to negative million.

(06-03-2019, 09:14 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(06-03-2019, 09:04 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Oh, I see we aren't allowed to talk about it. Pathetic.

what makes you say that?

Earlier posts in the thread got Moderated into oblivion. Names have to be changed to protect the guilty and such.

(06-03-2019, 10:31 AM)Jagwired Wrote: What a bunch of [BLEEP]. Wow. This board has gone to [BLEEP].

Yep, gotta cater to the whiny. Can't just tell them to [BLEEP] off.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 06-03-2019, 03:25 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

They go after one thing. Once its accomplished, they go after the next thing.

(06-03-2019, 01:58 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-03-2019, 09:14 AM)Mikey Wrote: what makes you say that?

Earlier posts in the thread got Moderated into oblivion. Names have to be changed to protect the guilty and such.

(06-03-2019, 10:31 AM)Jagwired Wrote: What a bunch of [BLEEP]. Wow. This board has gone to [BLEEP].

My money is on them eliminating the Political Forum before years end. Most of the moderators on here would prefer to silence opinions that they don't agree with.

(06-03-2019, 03:21 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: They go after one thing. Once its accomplished, they go after the next thing.

(06-03-2019, 01:58 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Earlier posts in the thread got Moderated into oblivion. Names have to be changed to protect the guilty and such.

My money is on them eliminating the Political Forum before years end. Most of the moderators on here would prefer to silence opinions that they don't agree with.

I gotta think they'll draw the line with these Report Button abusers at some point. Eliminating the Forum doesn't change that behavior.

(06-03-2019, 03:32 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-03-2019, 03:21 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: They go after one thing. ...

I gotta think they'll draw the line with these Report Button abusers at some point.

Eliminating the rep/like feature was partly a result of report button abusers. As many of the poters abusing the report button were doing it because someone disliked all of their posts. 

While many of these petty feuds appear to originate in the political forum, that forum only exists because a majority of moderators approved it's inclusion.

(This post was last modified: 06-03-2019, 04:17 PM by mikesez.)

(06-03-2019, 03:46 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-03-2019, 03:32 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I gotta think they'll draw the line with these Report Button abusers at some point.

Eliminating the rep/like feature was partly a result of report button abusers. As many of the poters abusing the report button were doing it because someone disliked all of their posts. 

While many of these petty feuds appear to originate in the political forum, that forum only exists because a majority of moderators approved it's inclusion.

I have only used the report button twice.  Once was because somebody disliked all my posts, but it was with the attitude of me asking the mod, "is this how the board is supposed to work?"  The other time was because someone found a picture of a scowling woman and said it was a picture of me.  I'm male, and I tend to smirk if I disagree with you, not scowl.  Wink Big Grin
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

I hope that, along with the like functionality, the offenders who were misusing the board were also removed, if only temporarily.

Thanks mods, for putting up with stupid stuff and giving us a board to enjoy. we'll just have to keep track of our plusses and minuses in our sigs, I guess

Regarding the feature and why it was removed.

A VERY small percentage of our users felt like it was a way to "get back" at other users that they either didn't agree with or simply dislike for whatever reason.  Along with that came the many reports that mods/admins have to read and evaluate every day.

We aren't babysitters.  We run/moderate this board for our users to communicate with one another.  We do this on our own time and don't get paid once cent to do it.

Our admin/mod team discussed this issue and decided that it wasn't worth our time to field the many reports/complaints regarding the "feature" on this message board and elected to turn the "feature" off.  So I turned the "feature" off.  My answer to people that really liked the feature and really want it back is this.  If you want "likes" and "follows" there are other social media platforms available that have that "feature".  If you are one of the ones that used the "report" feature on this board regarding this, feel free to PM me personally.

The thing to understand is this message board is run/moderated by normal average Jaguars fans.

My personal opinion.  If "likes" or "reputation" is that important to you then perhaps you should un-plug and get off of any form of social media for a while.  There is a big huge world outside and sometimes the best relationships are developed by interacting face-to-face or even via a phone call.  Words typed on a phone or a keyboard is NOT interacting with other people and "likes" or "reputation" doesn't say anything about anyone and should not be something that they use to measure their self-worth or self-esteem.

Regarding the Political Forum.

It's not going to go away plain and simple.  Some of us are adults and wish to discuss some of today's politics with one another (even though it's via keyboard and not face-to-face).  Politics is a touchy subject, yet it is something that is important to discuss (my opinion).  Nobody is REQUIRED to view and/or participate in any of the discussions including the moderators and admins.  This was discussed among the mod/admin team and the mods/admins have the freedom to moderate or not the discussions there.  The sub-forum falls under the same rules as any other sub-forum on this board.

My final note.

If you don't like a policy here on this board and think that it needs to be changed, PM me and we can discuss it.  If I feel that it is valid I will present your concern with the rest of the admin/mod team.  As far as posts being deleted from this or any other thread, a mod/admin made the choice to do it and I back them for their decision.  If I or any other mod feels like it was a wrong decision we have a way to discuss it.  Once again, PM me and I will look into it.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(06-03-2019, 01:58 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-03-2019, 09:14 AM)Mikey Wrote: what makes you say that?

As Rodney King said, "why can't we all just get along?"
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

June 3, 2019: The day the terrorists won.

(06-03-2019, 10:00 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

You could say the disappearance of the feature is one of those "this is why we can't have nice things" situations. 

Repeated misuse of the feature which lead to repeated misuse of the "report" feature eventually led to the demise of the button and the reputation numbers. 

It wasn't one situation, but several similar instances since the move to our new board. 

With apologies to those who enjoyed the feature, we had to make a move to streamline moderation efforts by removing the steady stream of reports and complaints from those involved in personal squabbles leading to misuse of the feature.

Personal squabbles?!?  Misuse?!?

Though you understandably may not be inclined to do so, could you elaborate or explain how this would happen?

Did it happen on some boards more than others (like the political forum)?

I would think if you had dissonance with a posters logic or grasp of facts, it would manifest in the relevant thread.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(06-03-2019, 07:08 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-03-2019, 01:58 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Earlier posts in the thread got Moderated into oblivion. Names have to be changed to protect the guilty and such.

As Rodney King said, "why can't we all just get along?"

Because you took in personally and went full crybaby to get your way.

(06-03-2019, 07:46 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(06-03-2019, 10:00 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: You could say the disappearance of the feature is one of those "this is why we can't have nice things" situations. 

Personal squabbles?!?  Misuse?!?

Though you understandably may not be inclined to do so, could you elaborate or explain how this would happen?

Did it happen on some boards more than others (like the political forum)?

I would think if you had dissonance with a posters logic or grasp of facts, it would manifest in the relevant thread.

You can find it all in the Reputation thread in Fargin's, at least, you can if they haven't deleted it.

(06-03-2019, 07:39 PM)TJBender Wrote: June 3, 2019: The day the terrorists won.

+1

(06-03-2019, 04:51 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Regarding the feature and why it was removed.

A VERY small percentage of our users felt like it was a way to "get back" at other users that they either didn't agree with or simply dislike for whatever reason.  Along with that came the many reports that mods/admins have to read and evaluate every day.

We aren't babysitters.  We run/moderate this board for our users to communicate with one another.  We do this on our own time and don't get paid once cent to do it.

Our admin/mod team discussed this issue and decided that it wasn't worth our time to field the many reports/complaints regarding the "feature" on this message board and elected to turn the "feature" off.  So I turned the "feature" off.  My answer to people that really liked the feature and really want it back is this.  If you want "likes" and "follows" there are other social media platforms available that have that "feature".  If you are one of the ones that used the "report" feature on this board regarding this, feel free to PM me personally.

The thing to understand is this message board is run/moderated by normal average Jaguars fans.

My personal opinion.  If "likes" or "reputation" is that important to you then perhaps you should un-plug and get off of any form of social media for a while.  There is a big huge world outside and sometimes the best relationships are developed by interacting face-to-face or even via a phone call.  Words typed on a phone or a keyboard is NOT interacting with other people and "likes" or "reputation" doesn't say anything about anyone and should not be something that they use to measure their self-worth or self-esteem.

It's not going to go away plain and simple.  Some of us are adults and wish to discuss some of today's politics with one another (even though it's via keyboard and not face-to-face).  Politics is a touchy subject, yet it is something that is important to discuss (my opinion).  Nobody is REQUIRED to view and/or participate in any of the discussions including the moderators and admins.  This was discussed among the mod/admin team and the mods/admins have the freedom to moderate or not the discussions there.  The sub-forum falls under the same rules as any other sub-forum on this board.

My final note.

If you don't like a policy here on this board and think that it needs to be changed, PM me and we can discuss it.  If I feel that it is valid I will present your concern with the rest of the admin/mod team.  As far as posts being deleted from this or any other thread, a mod/admin made the choice to do it and I back them for their decision.  If I or any other mod feels like it was a wrong decision we have a way to discuss it.  Once again, PM me and I will look into it.
With the elimination of the "report" button, if there are abusive/profane posts of a racist/anti religious or spam, or otherwise violate the CoC, are we to simply e-mail the mods?

This is a most unfortunate development.  It was nice to know someone appreciated a post/argument even if they don't respond with a post of their own.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(06-03-2019, 07:54 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(06-03-2019, 04:51 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Regarding the feature and why it was removed.

My final note.

With the elimination of the "report" button, if there are abusive/profane posts of a racist/anti religious or spam, or otherwise violate the CoC, are we to simply e-mail the mods?

This is a most unfortunate development.  It was nice to know someone appreciated a post/argument even if they don't respond with a post of their own.

+1