Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Privately funded border wall in Sunland Park complete

Privately funded border wall in Sunland Park complete, says construction company

The new privately funded border wall being put up in Sunland Park, New Mexico, was completed on Monday. Sunday night workers put the final fence pour on the top of the mountain.

Fisher Industries is the company behind the design and constructing the new barrier wall.

https://cbs4local.com/news/local/private...Qe94yD305w
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Wow, nice to see American citizens taking matters into their own hands instead of waiting for the flunky congress to fix the problem.

(06-04-2019, 03:28 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Privately funded border wall in Sunland Park complete, says construction company

The new privately funded border wall being put up in Sunland Park, New Mexico, was completed on Monday. Sunday night workers put the final fence pour on the top of the mountain.

Fisher Industries is the company behind the design and constructing the new barrier wall.

https://cbs4local.com/news/local/private...Qe94yD305w

How long is the wall that they built?  The article doesn't mention the length.

(This post was last modified: 06-05-2019, 11:29 AM by The Drifter.)

From what I was able to find out, it's about a 1/2 mile long wall on private property
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

So this is what spurned from the GoFundMe page....
I like it.
half a mile in about 2 months, and the mayor tried to hold things up (unsuccessfully)
10 more sites scouted....

another article
https://www.npr.org/2019/05/31/728332148...new-mexico

What people put on their private land at their own expense is their business.

(06-05-2019, 11:17 PM)TJBender Wrote: What people put on their private land at their own expense is their business.

No experience with an HOA or City Zoning Commission I take it?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-06-2019, 06:38 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-05-2019, 11:17 PM)TJBender Wrote: What people put on their private land at their own expense is their business.

No experience with an HOA or City Zoning Commission I take it?

I would never live anywhere with HOA

ugh

(06-06-2019, 10:57 AM)Kane Wrote:
(06-06-2019, 06:38 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: No experience with an HOA or City Zoning Commission I take it?

I would never live anywhere with HOA

ugh

Pros and cons, just like anything else.

(This post was last modified: 06-06-2019, 11:34 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Lol ... of the ~2,000 mile border,  approximately 1,350 miles are open.  Oops BREAKING NEWS UPDATE:  Only 1,349.5 remains open.

Can't wait for the next great idea ... perhaps a Go Fund Me Page to offset the $22 trillion in US Debt.

In the words of Jack Del Rio ... Keep Choppin'

2020 Campaign Motto  -> BUILD Go Fund Me THE WALL

(06-06-2019, 11:31 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Lol ... of the ~2,000 mile border,  approximately 1,350 miles are open.  Oops BREAKING NEWS UPDATE:  Only 1,349.5 remains open.

Can't wait for the next great idea ... perhaps a Go Fund Me Page to offset the $22 trillion in US Debt.

Do you feel cheated that your $5 contribution didn't go far?
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(06-06-2019, 11:47 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
(06-06-2019, 11:31 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Lol ... of the ~2,000 mile border,  approximately 1,350 miles are open.  Oops BREAKING NEWS UPDATE:  Only 1,349.5 remains open.

Get lost TACKS FAN

Tell that to the property appraiser when they see a satellite picture of a structure on your property that was built without pulling any permits.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(06-06-2019, 01:18 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

Tell that to the property appraiser when they see a satellite picture of a structure on your property that was built without pulling any permits.

Henry George said we should only tax the unimproved value of the land.
Taxing the improvements would just encourage crazy exemptions, inspections, and actually discourage improvement in the first place.
Nobody listened to him, though.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

There is no crisis at the border.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/isis-plot-...ico-border

I think it's great, but half a mile isn't going to do much.

(06-06-2019, 11:57 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(06-06-2019, 11:47 AM)B2hibry Wrote: Do you feel cheated that your $5 contribution didn't go far?
Get lost TACKS FAN

You shut your wh*** mouth! Laughing
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(06-06-2019, 01:18 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

I don't want to live in a world where I can't build a fence on my own property.

(This post was last modified: 06-06-2019, 06:41 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(06-06-2019, 11:47 AM)B2hibry Wrote:

Actually, my contribution was $6.99 and it went toward this ...

[Image: Negra_Modelo_6_Pack_Bottle_800x.png?v=1513220476]

(06-05-2019, 11:29 AM)The Drifter Wrote: From what I was able to find out, it's about a 1/2 mile long wall on private property

Looks like it's working. The horses have no way to get out.

[Image: 80257885-looking-over-white-fences-on-ho...summer.jpg]

(06-06-2019, 05:49 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(06-06-2019, 01:18 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Tell that to the property appraiser when they see a satellite picture of a structure on your property that was built without pulling any permits.

I don't want to live in a world where I can't build a fence on my own property.

Want it or not it's what you got.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato