Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Down Goes Durant

Not wishing injury on anyone but the competitive balance in the NBA just got 10x more interesting.  Even if Durant resigns with GS, he would eat up $30M in cap space next season without actually playing.  Going to be interesting to see if the Knicks still pursue a long term deal with him.  

Can the Raptors take the title or will Steph and Klay continue to bury 3's with precise precision --- pretty amazing show they put on last night.  Game 6 Thursday !!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-11-2019, 11:12 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Not wishing injury on anyone but the competitive balance in the NBA just got 10x more interesting.  Even if Durant resigns with GS, he would eat up $30M in cap space next season without actually playing.  Going to be interesting to see if the Knicks still pursue a long term deal with him.  

Can the Raptors take the title or will Steph and Klay continue to bury 3's with precise precision --- pretty amazing show they put on last night.  Game 6 Thursday !!

GS rode KD hard and hung him up wet. He should have never played. Not sure exactly what he was thinking. He may never be the same guy again after this.

How bout the crowds reaction?! Cheering after he injured himself (at the arena and at jurassic park), Warriors Fans getting sucker Punched on the street after the game... Bad light for Toronto Fans.
The Warriors will need Oracle Arena to erupt like it use to, where opposing players couldnt hear the plays called by the coach. And one or more Warriors aside from the splash brothers to really get it going from 3. That can open up the game and if you steal game 6 anything can happen.

But obviously the raptors are heavy favorites still. If they didnt play so poorly at the end and didnt shoot like 25% from three, they would have probably won game 5 pretty easily.

After Kawhi scored 10 straight points, he disappeared like a fart in the wind the last 3 minutes of the game. I don't understand that guy sometimes.

He's getting a max deal regardless of the injury

(This post was last modified: 06-12-2019, 02:14 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(06-11-2019, 03:43 PM)SignMeUpAtQB Wrote: [quote pid='1217375' dateline='1560282212']

But obviously the raptors are heavy favorites still. 

[/quote]

Not really, the odds are only -260/+215 in favor of the Raptors

The openings odds were +1400/-195 in favor of GS

GS is favored by 3 in Thursday nights matchup.

(06-11-2019, 04:22 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: After Kawhi scored 10 straight points, he disappeared like a fart in the wind the last 3 minutes of the game. I don't understand that guy sometimes.

After Kawhi scored 10 points and the Raptors took a 6 point lead, the Raptors coach called a timeout; essentially allowing GS to catch their breath and regroup.  2nd worst timeout in sports history (with Chris Webber's being #1)

(06-12-2019, 02:12 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(06-11-2019, 03:43 PM)SignMeUpAtQB Wrote: [quote pid='1217375' dateline='1560282212']

But obviously the raptors are heavy favorites still. 

Not really, the odds are only -260/+215 in favor of the Raptors

The openings odds were +1400/-195 in favor of GS

GS is favored by 3 in Thursday nights matchup.

(06-11-2019, 04:22 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: After Kawhi scored 10 straight points, he disappeared like a fart in the wind the last 3 minutes of the game. I don't understand that guy sometimes.

After Kawhi scored 10 points and the Raptors took a 6 point lead, the Raptors coach called a timeout; essentially allowing GS to catch their breath and regroup.  2nd worst timeout in sports history (with Chris Webber's being #1)
[/quote]

If someone told me 2 years ago I would be rooting for GS to win, I would have called you insane. As a lifelong Spurs fan, I can't stand the gutless worm that is K. Leonard, so I hope they lose bigly, but I doubt that will happen.

(06-12-2019, 04:26 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: If someone told me 2 years ago I would be rooting for GS to win, I would have called you insane. As a lifelong Spurs fan, I can't stand the gutless worm that is K. Leonard, so I hope they lose bigly, but I doubt that will happen.

I quit watching the NBA because of GS but now it's pretty exciting now that the games are competitive.  Heck, I can even appreciate Steph and Klay lighting it up from 3 again.  That said, I'm still pulling for the Raptors right now and look forward to the draft and free agency

Hes getting a max deal, I just hope it's not NY. It would be a Knicks thing to do though.

(06-11-2019, 03:20 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(06-11-2019, 11:12 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Not wishing injury on anyone but the competitive balance in the NBA just got 10x more interesting.  Even if Durant resigns with GS, he would eat up $30M in cap space next season without actually playing.  Going to be interesting to see if the Knicks still pursue a long term deal with him.  

GS rode KD hard and hung him up wet. He should have never played. Not sure exactly what he was thinking. He may never be the same guy again after this.

There were some rumors that no one told him that playing with an injured calf puts him Achilles at risk.

They could of still won, but when Thompson went down it was over. Thompson is just as important to that team as Curry and Durant imo

(This post was last modified: 06-14-2019, 09:32 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Down Goes Thompson.

Dang, I was sick of the Dynasty that was being created when Durant arrived at GS but the fact that Durant and Thompson are out next season is totally crazy.

My wild guess is the Lakers end up throwing Kuzma into the Pelicans deal instead of Ingram so they give up Kuzma, Ball, and the #4 pick in exchange for Anthony Davis.  Then, they land Kawhi in free agency. 

Personally, I hope things play out to balance out the talent where Kyrie goes to Brooklyn and Kawhi goes to the Clippers