Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
WH Press Secretary Sarah Sanders will leave office

WH Press Secretary Sarah Sanders will leave office by the end of the month, Trump announces

President Trump announced Thursday on Twitter that White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders will be leaving her position at the end of the month.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/wh-pres...-announces
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

She should've been terminated the second she admitted to intentionally passing false information to the media, but hey, whatever, better late than never. They might as well not bother replacing her, seeing as how all she did in the White House was park her mouth under the soda fountain anyway.

(This post was last modified: 06-13-2019, 08:22 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Terrible timing.  Last year, I finally replaced my Farrah Fawcet poster with this one.

[Image: 8ec2d8981c2b8c1e1aa8a38b2c3dccbf.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 06-13-2019, 09:49 PM by homebiscuit.)

She received Secret Service protection for a while. TDS is real.

(06-13-2019, 07:53 PM)TJBender Wrote: She should've been terminated the second she admitted to intentionally passing false information to the media, but hey, whatever, better late than never. They might as well not bother replacing her, seeing as how all she did in the White House was park her mouth under the soda fountain anyway.

Feel better now?

(06-13-2019, 07:53 PM)TJBender Wrote: She should've been terminated the second she admitted to intentionally passing false information to the media, but hey, whatever, better late than never. They might as well not bother replacing her, seeing as how all she did in the White House was park her mouth under the soda fountain anyway.

I agree, and now that she has set a precedent, they will surely find someone even worse.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

SHS did a great job as press secretary. She should be commended for her ability to stand up to the shameless fake news media extension of the democratic party on a daily basis.

She will be missed, but 3.5 years is a long time in the swamp. Will be nice to get back to Arkansas.

One less liar - which is a good thing.

They contemplated offering the job to StroudCrowd - but he was too slavish for their tastes.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(This post was last modified: 06-14-2019, 09:43 AM by TJBender.)

(06-14-2019, 08:30 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: SHS did a great job as press secretary. She should be commended for her ability to stand up to the shameless fake news media extension of the democratic party on a daily basis.

She will be missed, but 3.5 years is a long time in the swamp. Will be nice to get back to Arkansas.

She admitted in the Mueller probe to directly lying to the press on at least one occasion. She stopped holding press briefings entirely. She stopped responding to emails. She tried to ban reporters she personally didn't like. There was a time where she quit inviting "left-leaning" news organizations to press briefings, instead inviting only the press favorable to Trump to join. She only poked her head out of the White House when she had something that Trump was crying about and needed to make someone else's fault. Many of her actions prompted a sharp rebuke even from the Trump-leaning news outlets. She's a joke of a Press Secretary, regardless of any biases individual reporters have.

(06-14-2019, 08:30 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: SHS did a great job as press secretary. She should be commended for her ability to stand up to the shameless fake news media extension of the democratic party on a daily basis.

You might actually be insane.

What's the opposite of TDS?

"She's great. I mean she lied and sent out false information on purpose but she's great!"

(This post was last modified: 06-14-2019, 10:13 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

(06-14-2019, 09:40 AM)TJBender Wrote:

She admitted in the Mueller probe to directly lying to the press on at least one occasion. She stopped holding press briefings entirely. She stopped responding to emails. She tried to ban reporters she personally didn't like. There was a time where she quit inviting "left-leaning" news organizations to press briefings, instead inviting only the press favorable to Trump to join. She only poked her head out of the White House when she had something that Trump was crying about and needed to make someone else's fault. Many of her actions prompted a sharp rebuke even from the Trump-leaning news outlets. She's a joke of a Press Secretary, regardless of any biases individual reporters have.

You left out that she was body shamed publicly at the WH correspondents dinner.

Obama kicked reporters out of press briefings.

White house correspondents shouldn't be partisan hacks. Do you feel like Jim Acosta is good at his job? Do you feel that white house correspondents should report their opinions, throw "gotchas" at the POTUS, and most of all, laying your hands on a woman taking the microphone away from you because your time is up? Why would you defend Jim Acosta? What is wrong with you TJ?

(06-14-2019, 10:06 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:

What's the opposite of TDS?

"She's great. I mean she lied and sent out false information on purpose but she's great!"

You don't live in a world of facts.

(06-14-2019, 10:12 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(06-14-2019, 09:40 AM)TJBender Wrote: She admitted in the Mueller probe to directly lying to the press on at least one occasion. She stopped holding press briefings entirely. She stopped responding to emails. She tried to ban reporters she personally didn't like. There was a time where she quit inviting "left-leaning" news organizations to press briefings, instead inviting only the press favorable to Trump to join. She only poked her head out of the White House when she had something that Trump was crying about and needed to make someone else's fault. Many of her actions prompted a sharp rebuke even from the Trump-leaning news outlets. She's a joke of a Press Secretary, regardless of any biases individual reporters have.

White house correspondents shouldn't be partisan hacks. Do you feel like Jim Acosta is good at his job? Do you feel that white house correspondents should report their opinions, throw "gotchas" at the POTUS, and most of all, laying your hands on a woman taking the microphone away from you because your time is up? Why would you defend Jim Acosta? What is wrong with you TJ?

(06-14-2019, 10:06 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: What's the opposite of TDS?

That last statement might be the most ironic thing I've ever read.

SHS was never body shamed.  Not once.  The only way anyone could take serious offense to that comedic routine--which many other figures have taken on the chin in previous correspondents' dinners--was if they're intentionally warping the meaning of the words used.

Accosta didn't "lay his hands" on a woman.  Sweet Jesus man, at least try to ground yourself in reality rather than just eat everything the government gives you.

(06-14-2019, 09:40 AM)TJBender Wrote: She admitted in the Mueller probe to directly lying to the press on at least one occasion. She stopped holding press briefings entirely. She stopped responding to emails. She tried to ban reporters she personally didn't like. There was a time where she quit inviting "left-leaning" news organizations to press briefings, instead inviting only the press favorable to Trump to join. She only poked her head out of the White House when she had something that Trump was crying about and needed to make someone else's fault. Many of her actions prompted a sharp rebuke even from the Trump-leaning news outlets. She's a joke of a Press Secretary, regardless of any biases individual reporters have.

(06-14-2019, 10:06 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: What's the opposite of TDS?

You're on the opposite side of the TDS spectrum and you don't even realize it.

There are people who hate everything Trump does no matter what. We get it. However, you believe every single thing the man tells you. You are no better than the people you claim have TDS.

(06-14-2019, 11:42 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(06-14-2019, 10:12 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: You left out that she was body shamed publicly at the WH correspondents dinner.

You're on the opposite side of the TDS spectrum and you don't even realize it.

There are people who hate everything Trump does no matter what. We get it. However, you believe every single thing the man tells you. You are no better than the people you claim have TDS.

+1
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Her resigning will not change the political climate one iota. In any case, I thought she did as good of a job as you could expect. Her job/position was not set up for success and she was never going to gain any positive ground with the media or with anyone else in the hate Trump clan. She served as a mouthpiece in the most austere of conditions with no light at the end of the tunnel available. She deserves some credit. The ones running their mouths in here would have run back to their ivory towers with their tails tucked!
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 06-14-2019, 02:53 PM by TJBender.)

Nothing. I believe in a free press. Sarah Sanders (and, by extension, Donald Trump) does not. Telling a reporter who's being disruptive to leave for the day is one thing. Stripping a reporter of his (or her--Kaitlin Collins) credentials because you don't like the stories they're writing about you is unconstitutional. You act as if body shaming is something new to Donald Trump's administration. Want to go back and take a look at some of the things Donald Trump has said about women in his career? Look up "Donald Trump Rosie O'Donnell" for starters:

"I look forward to taking lots of money from my nice fat little Rosie."
"I feel sorry for Rosie 's new partner in love whose parents are devastated at the thought of their daughter being with Rosie"
When asked on Fox News about his calling women "fat pigs", "dogs", "slobs" and "disgusting animals", his response was, "Only Rosie O'Donnell."

And this is setting aside the whole, "grab 'em by the (feline)" tape. If you want to play the "respect for women" card, you picked the wrong administration to play it with.

I don't think Jim Acosta is particularly good or bad at his job. I think Brian Williams is a terrible reporter because he fabricated an entire story. I think Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein are the best reporters to have ever walked the face of the earth because they kept digging for facts and reported only what they found without spinning or intentionally coloring it. Jim Acosta doesn't make things up, but he also doesn't deliver unbiased news in any way. And if that's a crime that gets you expelled from the press room, then that whole group of reporters is [BLEEP].

Throwing "gotchas" at the President is exactly what reporters should be doing. You get the truth or a lie so easy to shoot holes in that you can see the truth through it when you catch someone completely off guard and they're dumb enough to answer.

The suggestion that Jim Acosta "laid his hands" on a woman trying to get the mic is ridiculous. It's a non-story that the White House turned into a huge affair because Trump (and, by extension, Sanders) hates CNN. The woman who went to take it from him tried twice and was rebuffed with body motion. She made contact with him twice. She then reached across Acosta's chest and grabbed his hand, to which he lowered his arm to push hers down. The White House video is so poorly doctored together that you'd have to be a total stooge, a total clown to see it as any kind of "assault". Was it appropriate? No. Was it assault? No. Once someone has made unwanted contact with you, you are well within your rights to push back with an appropriate amount of force to end that contact. His movements to deflect the young lady were only some form of "laying your hands on her" if you're a total Trumpette refusing to watch the full speed NBC video, which shows Acosta pulling away, and ask why the WH video, which shows a <mods, the word filter's broken again> karate chop, looks so different.

I don't care about Jim Acosta one way or another. I care about freedom of the press, and when the President and his press secretary knowingly and willfully impede the free press, they're violating the Constitution of the United States. Knowingly lying to reporters falls into that category. Holding special briefings and only inviting the reporters you like falls in there. Manufacturing reasons to take credentials away from reporters you don't like is in there, too. And yes, so is just refusing to even hold press briefings at all.

Nothing's wrong with me. I'm not the one who apparently believes that the First Amendment is less important than the message conveyed to the public and who's conveying it. What's wrong with you?

Another one bites the dust.

(06-14-2019, 02:47 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(06-14-2019, 10:12 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: You left out that she was body shamed publicly at the WH correspondents dinner.

Nothing. I believe in a free press. Sarah Sanders (and, by extension, Donald Trump) does not. Telling a reporter who's being disruptive to leave for the day is one thing. Stripping a reporter of his (or her--Kaitlin Collins) credentials because you don't like the stories they're writing about you is unconstitutional. You act as if body shaming is something new to Donald Trump's administration. Want to go back and take a look at some of the things Donald Trump has said about women in his career? Look up "Donald Trump Rosie O'Donnell" for starters:

"I look forward to taking lots of money from my nice fat little Rosie."
"I feel sorry for Rosie 's new partner in love whose parents are devastated at the thought of their daughter being with Rosie"
When asked on Fox News about his calling women "fat pigs", "dogs", "slobs" and "disgusting animals", his response was, "Only Rosie O'Donnell."

And this is setting aside the whole, "grab 'em by the (feline)" tape. If you want to play the "respect for women" card, you picked the wrong administration to play it with.

I don't think Jim Acosta is particularly good or bad at his job. I think Brian Williams is a terrible reporter because he fabricated an entire story. I think Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein are the best reporters to have ever walked the face of the earth because they kept digging for facts and reported only what they found without spinning or intentionally coloring it. Jim Acosta doesn't make things up, but he also doesn't deliver unbiased news in any way. And if that's a crime that gets you expelled from the press room, then that whole group of reporters is [BLEEP].

Throwing "gotchas" at the President is exactly what reporters should be doing. You get the truth or a lie so easy to shoot holes in that you can see the truth through it when you catch someone completely off guard and they're dumb enough to answer.

The suggestion that Jim Acosta "laid his hands" on a woman trying to get the mic is ridiculous. It's a non-story that the White House turned into a huge affair because Trump (and, by extension, Sanders) hates CNN. The woman who went to take it from him tried twice and was rebuffed with body motion. She made contact with him twice. She then reached across Acosta's chest and grabbed his hand, to which he lowered his arm to push hers down. The White House video is so poorly doctored together that you'd have to be a total stooge, a total clown to see it as any kind of "assault". Was it appropriate? No. Was it assault? No. Once someone has made unwanted contact with you, you are well within your rights to push back with an appropriate amount of force to end that contact. His movements to deflect the young lady were only some form of "laying your hands on her" if you're a total Trumpette refusing to watch the full speed NBC video, which shows Acosta pulling away, and ask why the WH video, which shows a <mods, the word filter's broken again> karate chop, looks so different.

I don't care about Jim Acosta one way or another. I care about freedom of the press, and when the President and his press secretary knowingly and willfully impede the free press, they're violating the Constitution of the United States. Knowingly lying to reporters falls into that category. Holding special briefings and only inviting the reporters you like falls in there. Manufacturing reasons to take credentials away from reporters you don't like is in there, too. And yes, so is just refusing to even hold press briefings at all.

Nothing's wrong with me. I'm not the one who apparently believes that the First Amendment is less important than the message conveyed to the public and who's conveying it. What's wrong with you?

Acosta doesnt get to run the Press Room and expelling a misbehaving reporter is not eliminating the 1st or quelching the Press. Good diety man, get it together.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 06-16-2019, 10:19 AM by homebiscuit.)

This article is from last year and gets the name of James Rosen wrong, but you get the idea.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opini...-newsrooms

(06-14-2019, 09:40 AM)TJBender Wrote:

All of the above is true. I too noticed that upon her having to admit lieing she became reclusive. She will always be know for such Rhetoric regardless of her next step.

NH3...
"AZANE"