Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Jalen Ramsey won't give Jags discount in next contract

Jalen Ramsey won't give Jags discount in next contract

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...t-contract

Jalen Ramsey said he will not give the Jaguars any discounts with his next contract, adding the new deal will be "ungodly." The Jags informed Ramsey that they will not renegotiate his current contract

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Discounts from premier players don't exist unless you give them a new deal before year four or following a season of poor performance/injury.

(06-14-2019, 09:25 AM)Jaxson Wrote: Jalen Ramsey won't give Jags discount in next contract

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...t-contract

Jalen Ramsey said he will not give the Jaguars any discounts with his next contract, adding the new deal will be "ungodly." The Jags informed Ramsey that they will not renegotiate his current contract

I saw the feed with him and LF.  Jalen is just young and dumb, but i do like that he said after he balls out this year.  If he plays lights out, then PAY THE MAN.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

Nor should he. Sure it would be great for us, but why would/should he?

Discounts don't come until later in their careers. This is his first major contract. Go get it!

I know TC doesn't like all of this talking about it. But they need to pay and keep these keystone players. Yannick an d Jalen need to be of the highest priority.
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Why in the world would he offer the Jags a discount before they've even started negotiating?

Is this a real story?

(06-14-2019, 11:18 AM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: Discounts don't come until later in their careers. This is his first major contract. Go get it!

I know TC doesn't like all of this talking about it. But they need to pay and keep these keystone players. Yannick an d Jalen need to be of the highest priority.
This is not the year for the team to extend Jalen. You have to consider the cap and Yan is the one they need to address this year.  Jalen is locked up for two years and down the road, the cap will increase and the team will be in a much better place to deal with Jalen.  Anyone who thinks they should sign him this year is just crazy.  Jalen even understands the team's position with the cap this year that's why you don't see him looking for a contract this year. We have a number of very good players who will want to be paid presents a very different problem than years past.  You can't make mistakes like extending Blake after one good season leaving the team with a cap hit that should not have happened. It will take excellent cap management going forward to keep this team together and even considering Jalen's contract this year would be disastrous.

Next year he will be on his 5th year rookie deal and the following year we can franchise him. No worries

(06-14-2019, 11:35 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Why in the world would he offer the Jags a discount before they've even started negotiating?  

Is this a real story?

None of these are real stories. Just off-season trivia for the fans to ponder. I've always wondered why anyone cares what a player says. It can all change in a heartbeat.

Now - if it were the agent talking ... I wish that was a part of Hard Knocks.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Gotta play the season first. That statement cuts both ways.

(06-14-2019, 12:35 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Next year he will be on his 5th year rookie deal and the following year we can franchise him.  No worries

If he has a great year in 2019 he'll hold out from playing in 2020 without a deal.

Knowing our front office, they will play hard ball with him and then tag him.

Then he holds out.

I hope they just pay him what he’s worth and get it done quickly.

(This post was last modified: 06-14-2019, 04:12 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(06-14-2019, 03:24 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-14-2019, 12:35 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Next year he will be on his 5th year rookie deal and the following year we can franchise him.  No worries

If he has a great year in 2019 he'll hold out from playing in 2020 without a deal.

If he has a great year he will probably get the contract.  But for what ever reason if he dont get it.  We could actually tag him, and if he sits out the whole year we could actually tag him again if we wanted too.  I dont see him sitting out 2 years without pay

I'm not sure what kind of money he will ask for but if it's crazy amount we will just tag him and he can sit a year or we can tag and trade or just tag him 2 years in a row if he wants to sit. I'm not really worried about.

(06-14-2019, 03:29 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Knowing our front office, they will play hard ball with him and then tag him.

Then he holds out.

I hope they just pay him what he’s worth and get it done quickly.

What's he worth?  What is the max you would pay him?

he'll want to leave if we aren't good regardless of what contract we give him.

(This post was last modified: 06-14-2019, 04:38 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(06-14-2019, 04:35 PM)JackCity Wrote: he'll want to leave if we aren't good regardless of what contract we give him.

If that's the case then you tag and trade

If Foles gets hurt it's almost certain we will be bad. Why I feel we should of drafted Grier. I do have high Hope's for Williams though

NO DISCOUNT FOR YOU!!
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

We might have the worse FO really. If you look at what has been done and what is on the verge of happening it has to be the front office. 1st wee make almost the super bowl then let the leadership on both offense and defense with Mercedes and Poz get away. We had damn near the best secondary and we let Colvin go somewhere else. We let Fowler go which seemed to be like issues with the coach staff/FO. Our run game was good on O and all we needed to do was resign A.Rob to make our offense even better but the Front office couldn't get it right. He didnt even sign for that big of a deal in Chicago. We end up signing bums like Moncrief who did nothing. And then we resign Blake to a deal that he wasn't worth, just to release him after we sign Foles.

Look at our current situation. We just signed Foles and gave him a extra money just make him feel like we respect him (if that aint the dumbest [BLEEP] in the world) Foles is good but why spend extra, give him incentives if he exceeds expectations.Fournette had an issue with the staff we heard conversations about him possibly be traded, probably wont resign. Tevlin is out for the year and had no communication with the FO that, says something, if Poz was here, it would have probably went different with him being able to communicate. We also let T.Gib go who was good enough to keep and was apart of that top secondary we had.
It takes time for teams gel and come together especially with the different personalities we have.

We also wasted a draft pick on Taven Bryan when there were better players and a qb that brought his team to the playoff as a rookie.

This last part is crazy to me. Since we drafted them they were supposed to be our young core. All I seen was as long we are able to lock down Ramsey, Jack and Yannick we should be ok. Now look, Yannick is holding out because they don't want to give a deal even though he exceeded expectations, and Ramsey as well. Why not lock them up now and not worry about. Ramsey already wants to play for the Titans because thats his home, now they are going to give Titans a chance to possibly get him. And if one of them leave I think the other probably go also because they see our FO doesnt care about winning. This is crazy I don't understand how any of the fans agree with the front office. We've missed on so many draft picks and been bad for so long, now that we have good players we have the possibility of losing them. The players are not just saying this stuff to joke around they are serious.

According to Spotrac, if we pick up his 2020 option it will cost us $13,703,000 against our cap. It would probably be more economical to renegotiate after the 2019 season and back load the new deal.

(06-14-2019, 06:11 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

According to Spotrac, if we pick up his 2020 option it will cost us $13,703,000 against our cap. It would probably be more economical to renegotiate after the 2019 season and back load the new deal.

Not if he wants 20 mil a year

(06-14-2019, 06:24 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(06-14-2019, 06:11 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: According to Spotrac, if we pick up his 2020 option it will cost us $13,703,000 against our cap. It would probably be more economical to renegotiate after the 2019 season and back load the new deal.

Not if he wants 20 mil a year

My bet is he'll want to be the highest paid player in the league. Thank goodness for the franchise tag.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.