Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Jalen Ramsey won't give Jags discount in next contract

(This post was last modified: 06-15-2019, 02:38 PM by JackCity.)

(06-15-2019, 11:54 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(06-15-2019, 10:50 AM)JackCity Wrote: You can pretty easily keep Yannick and Ramsey at those prices. Our cap is very malleable and outside of a handful of players nobody we need to commit to past 2022. This is like the scaremongering people did last season about the cap and Cousins.

And passing on Cousins was the right decision. It's not scaremongering. We're running out of big contracts to get rid of and we're close enough to the cap limit where spending an average of $20 million per player on two guys is nearly impossible. Between Foles, Ramsey and Yannick we'd have over $60 million per year invested in 3 players. That would leave about $125 million to field the rest of the entire team (50 more players.) I just don't see that happening.

That's not the point, they said Cousins would kill every teams cap with that deal, didn't happen.

Seriously, take a look through our year by year salary cap, I think you'd be surprised by how healthy our cap is. Foles likely is gone after year 2 so you're looking at most one year with 3 players on 60 per year. 

Dareus, Calais, Bouye etc etc are not going to be here long time. Dareus will be gone next year, Calais in a year or two max, Bouye could be next year.

(06-15-2019, 12:03 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(06-15-2019, 11:47 AM)MightyRx Wrote: Complain the team is terrible at drafting.
Not re-sign great player that the team drafted because we can find a replacement in the draft.

You can't name this stuff up...

Some of you guys just like to ignore facts. Do you think these guys are gonna play for free? If there's not enough money, there's not enough money. They NFL isn't like life. You can't use credit cards. You have an allotted amount of money to spend and when that's gone, it's gone. If there was no cap, we wouldn't have a problem. We easily keep them all. Unfortunately, there is and the NFL is not like the NBA, where you spend 80-90% of your cap on 2-3 guys. That wouldn't be smart. Football is different. You need 11 guys on offense, 11 guys on defense and special teams players, unlike the NBA where you only have 5 guys on the court.

Lol, man just look at the NFL every year, the cap barely matters. The eagles have been up against the cap and creating space while competing every year. 

How do they do that? Smart contract management, which (bar the QBs) is probably the thing the Jags have done best at.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-15-2019, 02:37 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(06-15-2019, 11:54 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: And passing on Cousins was the right decision. It's not scaremongering. We're running out of big contracts to get rid of and we're close enough to the cap limit where spending an average of $20 million per player on two guys is nearly impossible. Between Foles, Ramsey and Yannick we'd have over $60 million per year invested in 3 players. That would leave about $125 million to field the rest of the entire team (50 more players.) I just don't see that happening.

That's not the point, they said Cousins would kill every teams cap with that deal, didn't happen.

Seriously, take a look through our year by year salary cap, I think you'd be surprised by how healthy our cap is. Foles likely is gone after year 2 so you're looking at most one year with 3 players on 60 per year. 

Dareus, Calais, Bouye etc etc are not going to be here long time. Dareus will be gone next year, Calais in a year or two max, Bouye could be next year.

(06-15-2019, 12:03 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Some of you guys just like to ignore facts. Do you think these guys are gonna play for free? If there's not enough money, there's not enough money. They NFL isn't like life. You can't use credit cards. You have an allotted amount of money to spend and when that's gone, it's gone. If there was no cap, we wouldn't have a problem. We easily keep them all. Unfortunately, there is and the NFL is not like the NBA, where you spend 80-90% of your cap on 2-3 guys. That wouldn't be smart. Football is different. You need 11 guys on offense, 11 guys on defense and special teams players, unlike the NBA where you only have 5 guys on the court.

Lol, man just look at the NFL every year, the cap barely matters. The eagles have been up against the cap and creating space while competing every year. 

How do they do that? Smart contract management, which (bar the QBs) is probably the thing the Jags have done best at.
Foles mostly likely gone after year 2?  Lol,  If that was the case they would of drafted a QB this year.  Foles is more likely to get a 2nd contract here after the 4th year of his deal than be gone after his 2nd

You dont just let a good QB walk especially after we have needed one for the last 20 years

(This post was last modified: 06-15-2019, 03:35 PM by JackCity.)

(06-15-2019, 02:58 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(06-15-2019, 02:37 PM)JackCity Wrote: That's not the point, they said Cousins would kill every teams cap with that deal, didn't happen.

Foles mostly likely gone after year 2?  Lol,  If that was the case they would of drafted a QB this year.  Foles is more likely to get a 2nd contract here after the 4th year of his deal than be gone after his 2nd

His contract begs to differ. Then again you also think he'll be a top 10 QB this year

(06-15-2019, 03:11 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: You dont just let a good QB walk especially after we have needed one for the last 20 years

1.5 good seasons at the age of 30 doesn't make you a good QB unfortunately. Hopefully he can deliver an average year for us

(06-15-2019, 02:37 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(06-15-2019, 11:54 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: And passing on Cousins was the right decision. It's not scaremongering. We're running out of big contracts to get rid of and we're close enough to the cap limit where spending an average of $20 million per player on two guys is nearly impossible. Between Foles, Ramsey and Yannick we'd have over $60 million per year invested in 3 players. That would leave about $125 million to field the rest of the entire team (50 more players.) I just don't see that happening.

(06-15-2019, 12:03 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Some of you guys just like to ignore facts. Do you think these guys are gonna play for free? If there's not enough money, there's not enough money. They NFL isn't like life. You can't use credit cards. You have an allotted amount of money to spend and when that's gone, it's gone. If there was no cap, we wouldn't have a problem. We easily keep them all. Unfortunately, there is and the NFL is not like the NBA, where you spend 80-90% of your cap on 2-3 guys. That wouldn't be smart. Football is different. You need 11 guys on offense, 11 guys on defense and special teams players, unlike the NBA where you only have 5 guys on the court.

LOL. Foles hasn't even played a down for us and you're already counting on cutting him after year 2. Classic!

This thread has been QB High Jacked. It was suppose to be about Jalen.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(06-15-2019, 04:18 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(06-15-2019, 02:37 PM)JackCity Wrote: That's not the point, they said Cousins would kill every teams cap with that deal, didn't happen.

LOL. Foles hasn't even played a down for us and you're already counting on cutting him after year 2. Classic!

Huh. If Foles is playing lights out there's no reason to cut him.  

It's just if he plays closer to what he has for his career you save a ton of money by getting rid of him. Cap hit in 2021 is 28 million I think

I can see about $40 mil between them Yannick and Ramsey, as in something like $18 or $19 mil for Ramsey and $21 to $22 mil for Ngakoue. I'm curious to see Yannick's extension later this offseason puts him just north or just south of Foles. Which one will be the Jaguars most expensive? 
'02

(06-15-2019, 04:21 PM)NH3 Wrote: This thread has been QB High Jacked. It was suppose to be about Jalen.

NH3...

Welcome to the NFL...
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(06-15-2019, 05:40 PM)Jags02 Wrote: I can see about $40 mil between them Yannick and Ramsey, as in something like $18 or $19 mil for Ramsey and $21 to $22 mil for Ngakoue. I'm curious to see Yannick's extension later this offseason puts him just north or just south of Foles. Which one will be the Jaguars most expensive? 

You have to factor in that while Yannick plays a more valuable position, Ramsey is a better player.  Ramsey is one of the top 2 or 3 CBs in the NFL.  Ngakoue is not at that level as a DE.

(06-16-2019, 01:48 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(06-15-2019, 05:40 PM)Jags02 Wrote: I can see about $40 mil between them Yannick and Ramsey, as in something like $18 or $19 mil for Ramsey and $21 to $22 mil for Ngakoue. I'm curious to see Yannick's extension later this offseason puts him just north or just south of Foles. Which one will be the Jaguars most expensive? 

You have to factor in that while Yannick plays a more valuable position, Ramsey is a better player.  Ramsey is one of the top 2 or 3 CBs in the NFL.  Ngakoue is not at that level as a DE.

Hmm. I can see that as an argument from the team's perspective that Ngakoue should cost less. 
'02

(This post was last modified: 06-18-2019, 06:33 PM by jaguarmvp.)

In 2018 he was good but not elite. If he goes back to elite status this year then we deserves and elite deal. Lets see what version of Ramsey we see in 2019.

(06-16-2019, 01:48 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:

Ramsey had a top 2 or 3 2017 season.  He is not currently a top 2 or 3 cb.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(06-18-2019, 06:32 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: In 2018 he was good but not elite.  If he goes back to elite status this year then we deserves and elite deal.  Lets see what version of Ramsey we see in 2019.

2017 - healthy
2018 - injured
2019 - ??

those are your "versions"

(06-15-2019, 04:21 PM)NH3 Wrote: This thread has been QB High Jacked. It was suppose to be about Jalen.

NH3...

It was intercepted.

Irony.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Intercepted, hijacked, the same thing my friends!
Ready for May Day and May Flowers!

(06-14-2019, 05:54 PM)D-Money Wrote: We might have the worse FO really. If you look at what has been done and what is on the verge of happening it has to be the front office. 1st wee make almost the super bowl then let  the leadership on both offense and defense with Mercedes and Poz get away. We had damn near the best secondary and we let Colvin go somewhere else. We let Fowler go which seemed to be like issues with the coach staff/FO. Our run game was good on O and all we needed to do was resign A.Rob to make our offense even better but the Front office couldn't get it right. He didnt even sign for that big of a deal in Chicago. We end up signing bums like Moncrief who did nothing. And then we resign Blake to a deal that he wasn't worth, just to release him after we sign Foles.

Look at our current situation. We just signed Foles and gave him a extra money just make him feel like we respect him (if that aint the dumbest [BLEEP] in the world) Foles is good but why spend extra, give him incentives if he exceeds expectations.Fournette had an issue with the staff we heard conversations about him possibly be traded, probably wont resign. Tevlin is out for the year and had no communication with the FO that, says something, if Poz was here, it would have probably went different with him being able to communicate. We also let T.Gib go who was good enough to keep and was apart of that top secondary we had.  
It takes time for teams gel and come together especially with the different personalities we have.

We also wasted a draft pick on Taven Bryan when there were better players and a qb that brought his team to the playoff as a rookie.

This last part is crazy to me. Since we drafted them they were supposed to be our young core. All I seen was as long we are able to lock down Ramsey, Jack and Yannick we should be ok. Now look, Yannick is holding out because they don't want to give a deal even though he exceeded expectations, and Ramsey as well. Why not lock them up now and not worry about. Ramsey already wants to play for the Titans because thats his home, now they are going to give Titans a chance to possibly get him. And if one of them leave I think the other probably go also because they see our FO doesnt care about winning. This is crazy I don't understand how any of the fans agree with the front office. We've missed on so many draft picks and been bad for so long, now that we have  good players we have the possibility of losing them. The players are not just saying this stuff to joke around they are serious.

Poz retired, and Lewis couldn't catch a cold at TE.  So, the team didn't let Poz go, and they weren't going to pay Lewis to stick around.  They needed to move on.

Did the defense suffer with the loss of Colvin?  Nope, they didn't.  

We got something for Fowler by trading him rather than letting him walk in free agency.  The fact that he was a one trick pony who took years to develop, all the while getting in trouble off the field, and fighting in the locker room.  I'd hardly call that a loss.  

The front office couldn't get it right with ARob?  It's amazing just how distorted your recollection is on ALL of the players above, but this one might be the most embarrassing one.  Robinson didn't wan to stay here.  He wanted out of Jacksonville.  The Jags weren't going to overspend on a good #2 receiver just to keep him around if he didn't want to be here.  He signed for less in Chicago than the Jags were willing to pay, so you tell me how the Jags screwed that up?

We paid Foles what he was worth.  By franchise QB standards, he's worth every penny of what they paid him unless he falls on his face, in which case the lousy FO structured the deal in a manner that would allow them to go in a different direction pretty quickly with a significant, but not cap busting deal.  

"We heard".  No, media speculated. Fournette wasn't traded, so how did the FO screw that one up?  And Fournette had an issue with the staff?  So, it wasn't his inability to show up on time for meetings or therapy, and it had nothing to do with being a monumental idiot with his ejection?  It was all about the staff?  Seriously, you're not that dumb to believe that, right?  My guess is that this is just another armchair GM telling us how bad the FO is because they have mad skills running a franchise on Madden.

We'll see if we made a mistake on Taven.  The jury is still out, but once they moved him to his natural spot, he showed improvement.  That hopefully continues this year.  To call it a wasted pick is a little premature.  Considering the fact that you're opining the loss of Fowler like he was this wonderful selection makes this claim almost comical.  I'm laughing my rear end off that you're saying we passed on a QB who is going to be a backup a year from now as teams learn to defend him.  He lead the team to the playoffs?  So, it had nothing to do with the defense, right?  How'd he do in the playoffs against teams that were equipped to defend him.  That film is out there for everyone to use in 2019.  Gus Bradley sacked him 6 times in that game, and forced him to fumble at the end of the game to go with his 50% completion rate and his interception.  If Gus could figure out how to stop him in his tracks, I'm pretty sure the rest of the league will have it figured out next season.

The Jaguars don't want to give Yannick a deal?  Who said that?  The team doesn't want to pay him $20M a year, and they shouldn't.  He's a solid player with a ton of potential, but he's not a complete DE.  He is a liability vs. the run.  The team does indeed wan to re-sign him, and they will probably get a deal done in the next couple of months.  If he wants to hold out, that's his prerogative.  Considering the fact that he hasn't actually been playing under a lucrative deal already, he really doesn't have much leverage.  I hope he saved his money if he's planning on sitting out this year.

Ramsey's contract isn't a concern this year.  They've already picked up his option, so he's going to be just fine.  The team has made it clear he's not a priority this year, and that's the smart thing to do.  They have higher priorities for contract extensions this year including Yannick.  You're pushing this Ramsey to tennessee nonsense on other social media outlets, and just as I said there, to make that claim is probably the stupidest thing I've read anywhere in recent years.  Ramsey is going to play where he's paid, and it really doesn't matter how much cap space the tacks have, or where his hometown is.  At the end of the day, the Jaguars own the upper hand in his situation, and when the time comes, they will compensate him accordingly.  This notion that they won't is just your ignorance gurgling to the surface.

To say this FO doesn't care about winning is ridiculous.  That's ALL Coughlin cares about.  If you'd pull your head out of your posterior, you might realize that.  

Go play Madden and leave football to those who can.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(06-19-2019, 05:20 PM)FBT Wrote: The Jaguars don't want to give Yannick a deal?  Who said that?  The team doesn't want to pay him $20M a year, and they shouldn't.  He's a solid player with a ton of potential, but he's not a complete DE.  He is a liability vs. the run.  The team does indeed wan to re-sign him, and they will probably get a deal done in the next couple of months.  If he wants to hold out, that's his prerogative.  Considering the fact that he hasn't actually been playing under a lucrative deal already, he really doesn't have much leverage.  I hope he saved his money if he's planning on sitting out this year.

If he doesn't reach $20 mil, I see him getting close. Spotrac sets his market value at $18 mil, and they tend to lowball. I can see arguements to suggest he's as good as a couple players making $21 mil.

As for Ramsey, spotrac is suggesting around $15 mil per which is top CB money, however, he'd argue he transcends the position. I'm looking at OBJ's $18 mil per contract as something his contract should compare to.  
'02

(06-19-2019, 05:20 PM)FBT Wrote:
(06-14-2019, 05:54 PM)D-Money Wrote: We might have the worse FO really. If you look at what has been done and what is on the verge of happening it has to be the front office. 1st wee make almost the super bowl then let  the leadership on both offense and defense with Mercedes and Poz get away. We had damn near the best secondary and we let Colvin go somewhere else. We let Fowler go which seemed to be like issues with the coach staff/FO. Our run game was good on O and all we needed to do was resign A.Rob to make our offense even better but the Front office couldn't get it right. He didnt even sign for that big of a deal in Chicago. We end up signing bums like Moncrief who did nothing. And then we resign Blake to a deal that he wasn't worth, just to release him after we sign Foles.

Look at our current situation. We just signed Foles and gave him a extra money just make him feel like we respect him (if that aint the dumbest [BLEEP] in the world) Foles is good but why spend extra, give him incentives if he exceeds expectations.Fournette had an issue with the staff we heard conversations about him possibly be traded, probably wont resign. Tevlin is out for the year and had no communication with the FO that, says something, if Poz was here, it would have probably went different with him being able to communicate. We also let T.Gib go who was good enough to keep and was apart of that top secondary we had.  
It takes time for teams gel and come together especially with the different personalities we have.

We also wasted a draft pick on Taven Bryan when there were better players and a qb that brought his team to the playoff as a rookie.

This last part is crazy to me. Since we drafted them they were supposed to be our young core. All I seen was as long we are able to lock down Ramsey, Jack and Yannick we should be ok. Now look, Yannick is holding out because they don't want to give a deal even though he exceeded expectations, and Ramsey as well. Why not lock them up now and not worry about. Ramsey already wants to play for the Titans because thats his home, now they are going to give Titans a chance to possibly get him. And if one of them leave I think the other probably go also because they see our FO doesnt care about winning. This is crazy I don't understand how any of the fans agree with the front office. We've missed on so many draft picks and been bad for so long, now that we have  good players we have the possibility of losing them. The players are not just saying this stuff to joke around they are serious.

Poz retired, and Lewis couldn't catch a cold at TE.  So, the team didn't let Poz go, and they weren't going to pay Lewis to stick around.  They needed to move on.

We got something for Fowler by trading him rather than letting him walk in free agency.  The fact that he was a one trick pony who took years to develop, all the while getting in trouble off the field, and fighting in the locker room.  I'd hardly call that a loss.  

The front office couldn't get it right with ARob?  It's amazing just how distorted your recollection is on ALL of the players above, but this one might be the most embarrassing one.  Robinson didn't wan to stay here.  He wanted out of Jacksonville.  The Jags weren't going to overspend on a good #2 receiver just to keep him around if he didn't want to be here.  He signed for less in Chicago than the Jags were willing to pay, so you tell me how the Jags screwed that up?

We paid Foles what he was worth.  By franchise QB standards, he's worth every penny of what they paid him unless he falls on his face, in which case the lousy FO structured the deal in a manner that would allow them to go in a different direction pretty quickly with a significant, but not cap busting deal.  

"We heard".  No, media speculated. Fournette wasn't traded, so how did the FO screw that one up?  And Fournette had an issue with the staff?  So, it wasn't his inability to show up on time for meetings or therapy, and it had nothing to do with being a monumental idiot with his ejection?  It was all about the staff?  Seriously, you're not that dumb to believe that, right?  My guess is that this is just another armchair GM telling us how bad the FO is because they have mad skills running a franchise on Madden.

We'll see if we made a mistake on Taven.  The jury is still out, but once they moved him to his natural spot, he showed improvement.  That hopefully continues this year.  To call it a wasted pick is a little premature.  Considering the fact that you're opining the loss of Fowler like he was this wonderful selection makes this claim almost comical.  I'm laughing my rear end off that you're saying we passed on a QB who is going to be a backup a year from now as teams learn to defend him.  He lead the team to the playoffs?  So, it had nothing to do with the defense, right?  How'd he do in the playoffs against teams that were equipped to defend him.  That film is out there for everyone to use in 2019.  Gus Bradley sacked him 6 times in that game, and forced him to fumble at the end of the game to go with his 50% completion rate and his interception.  If Gus could figure out how to stop him in his tracks, I'm pretty sure the rest of the league will have it figured out next season.

The Jaguars don't want to give Yannick a deal?  Who said that?  The team doesn't want to pay him $20M a year, and they shouldn't.  He's a solid player with a ton of potential, but he's not a complete DE.  He is a liability vs. the run.  The team does indeed wan to re-sign him, and they will probably get a deal done in the next couple of months.  If he wants to hold out, that's his prerogative.  Considering the fact that he hasn't actually been playing under a lucrative deal already, he really doesn't have much leverage.  I hope he saved his money if he's planning on sitting out this year.

Ramsey's contract isn't a concern this year.  They've already picked up his option, so he's going to be just fine.  The team has made it clear he's not a priority this year, and that's the smart thing to do.  They have higher priorities for contract extensions this year including Yannick.  You're pushing this Ramsey to tennessee nonsense on other social media outlets, and just as I said there, to make that claim is probably the stupidest thing I've read anywhere in recent years.  Ramsey is going to play where he's paid, and it really doesn't matter how much cap space the tacks have, or where his hometown is.  At the end of the day, the Jaguars own the upper hand in his situation, and when the time comes, they will compensate him accordingly.  This notion that they won't is just your ignorance gurgling to the surface.

To say this FO doesn't care about winning is ridiculous.  That's ALL Coughlin cares about.  If you'd pull your head out of your posterior, you might realize that.  

I think Yannick will get 20 mil a year.

(06-21-2019, 07:38 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(06-19-2019, 05:20 PM)FBT Wrote: Poz retired, and Lewis couldn't catch a cold at TE.  So, the team didn't let Poz go, and they weren't going to pay Lewis to stick around.  They needed to move on.

I think Yannick will get 20 mil a year.

Or close, I would hope they don't go beyond that. It's a price that's fair compared to other's at his position.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(06-21-2019, 08:04 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(06-21-2019, 07:38 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think Yannick will get 20 mil a year.

Or close, I would hope they don't go beyond that. It's a price that's fair compared to other's at his position.

Agree, 20 would be my max if he wants a contract before the season starts with 50 mil guaranteed