Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Ramsey avoids QB critiques: 'It's a different me'

Ramsey avoids QB critiques: 'It's a different me'

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...fferent-me

In a recent podcast appearance, Jalen Ramsey was jokingly asked to breakdown the QBs he'll face in 2019. But, the Jacksonville Jaguars cornerback decided to take a different route.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I love how he's maturing as a player. You see, Ramsey isn't the most vocal leader on the field. He's a vocal [BLEEP] talker on the field, and he's very vocal off the field, but he's not Abry Jones where he's giving player speeches to the guys. That said, he's definitely a leader on the field with his actions. The players all look up to him and will fight to the death so to spead by his side.
'02

I thought his critiques were pretty good.

Clean, polished, and professional
Good answer, keep it about yourself and your team.
The Nick Foles redirection and praise should be taught at the rookie emposium.
This was his next step in getting that elite contract

Well now we need to trade him because he's lost his edge, right?

(06-25-2019, 11:25 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Well now we need to trade him because he's lost his edge, right?

We've got to work hard to keep all of the Ramsey narratives straight. 
  • No hands
  • True safety  -- can't play corner
  • Hergreaves is better
  • Diva / Locker-room cancer  -- Don't want on team
  • Not as good as Bouye
  • His attitude spread among the defense and they sucked in 2018 as a result
  • He played hurt
  • He didn't play hurt
  • He's maturing! 
  • Players will "fight to the death" at his side
  • Not a leader
  • Is a leader - Leads by example
  • Kinder, gentler Ramsey is no bueno 
  • Wait, now he's talking trash again...  
  • Talking trash again is good
  • Talking trash again is not good

(06-25-2019, 11:32 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-25-2019, 11:25 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Well now we need to trade him because he's lost his edge, right?

We've got to work hard to keep all of the Ramsey narratives straight. 
  • No hands
  • True safety  -- can't play corner
  • Hergreaves is better
  • Diva / Locker-room cancer  -- Don't want on team
  • Not as good as Bouye
  • His attitude spread among the defense and they sucked in 2018 as a result
  • He played hurt
  • He didn't play hurt
  • He's maturing! 
  • Players will "fight to the death" at his side
  • Not a leader
  • Is a leader - Leads by example
  • Kinder, gentler Ramsey is no bueno 
  • Wait, now he's talking trash again...  
  • Talking trash again is good
  • Talking trash again is not good

Don't even understand why we drafted a guy like that.

The hot bi-polar chicks are the once you have to watch out for.

...... just sayin'

Lol....society man, i tell ya.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

It sounds like he's playing for a big fat contract extension whether that's here or elsewhere. Good for him.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

This is definitely a good thing. I'm not a fan of trash talking period, but If you're going to do it, keep it on the field and do it during the game. I'm glad he is finally showing some signs of maturity.

(This post was last modified: 06-25-2019, 02:25 PM by Brett.)

Call me crazy but I wonder if he is just saying this because of the backlash that came about from it. I love him but part of me thinks he wouldn't be saying this if the backlash wasn't as bad as it was. Just my opinion.

(06-25-2019, 02:23 PM)Brett Wrote: Call me crazy but I wonder if he is just saying this because of the backlash that came about from it. I love him but part of me thinks he wouldn't be saying this if the backlash wasn't as bad as it was. Just my opinion.

It's called "learning from one's mistakes."

(This post was last modified: 06-25-2019, 02:44 PM by Brett.)

(06-25-2019, 02:29 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-25-2019, 02:23 PM)Brett Wrote: Call me crazy but I wonder if he is just saying this because of the backlash that came about from it. I love him but part of me thinks he wouldn't be saying this if the backlash wasn't as bad as it was. Just my opinion.

It's called "learning from one's mistakes."

Yeah I know what it's called. You and I always see eye to eye on things and I respect your knowledge a ton, just my opinion on this one. I agree that he is being sincere and is learning from the mistake but I also believe maybe a little of what I said is true too.

Meh.  Jalen just learned that he can't answer a question honestly and give his opinion because it will be blasted all over the media, sometimes in a negative way.  He never did any "trash talking" in interviews.  He was asked his opinion and he gave it.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(06-25-2019, 03:55 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Meh.  Jalen just learned that he can't answer a question honestly and give his opinion because it will be blasted all over the media, sometimes in a negative way. 

The tribulations of being a "Superstar".
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(06-25-2019, 04:51 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(06-25-2019, 03:55 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Meh.  Jalen just learned that he can't answer a question honestly and give his opinion because it will be blasted all over the media, sometimes in a negative way. 

The tribulations of being a "Superstar".

Pretty much.  The narrative of him "trash talking" about quarterbacks prior to last season was the result of asking him his OPINION regarding them.  It quickly turned to him "trash talking" by the media when it really wasn't.  He was just simply giving his opinion.  The difference is that the most "pc" answer would have been to say something along the lines of "they are all tough".  Instead he said what he really thought.  He's learned that he can't do that anymore.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(06-25-2019, 03:55 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Meh.  Jalen just learned that he can't answer a question honestly and give his opinion because it will be blasted all over the media, sometimes in a negative way.  He never did any "trash talking" in interviews.  He was asked his opinion and he gave it.

I don't think Jalen let's anyone's interpretation of whatever he says stop him from saying whatever he wants. 

If he wants to say something, he's going to.

(06-25-2019, 12:47 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: The hot bi-polar chicks are the once you have to watch out for.

...... just sayin'

Haha lol ain't that the truth brother.  They will take you to crazytown, leave you broke and wondering why you don't have any underwear.