Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The roller coaster of Case Keenum

Man I can’t believe the ups and downs this guys been through the past few years. He leads Minnesota to the playoffs when there starter goes down.

Then the Vikings just let him walk, after he was clicking so good with that system. He signs with Denver to be the man, and has an average year.

Now he’s with the Redskins with Haskins waiting in the shadows.

He’s kind of had a Ryan Fitzpatrick type of career. I thought for sure he would take over for Bridgewater up in Minnesota and just call that home. 

Just goes to show it’s all about the money for each player.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

this might be the only roller coaster that makes me nauseous. Are you trying to say that Keenum is good? There's a reason he keeps getting replaced.

Keenum - average at best
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

He's average at best but after what the Vikings gave up for Cousins for less results? Someone up there needs to get the ax if they don't turn the ship around in 2019.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

He is much like Blake Bortles in the fact that he would be a decent backup, but is really not "starter material".  Right now he is just a "place holder".

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(06-25-2019, 01:55 PM)Caldrac Wrote: He's average at best but after what the Vikings gave up for Cousins for less results? Someone up there needs to get the ax if they don't turn the ship around in 2019.

I agree. That was a terrible transaction.

To make it clear -yes- Keenum is an average QB.

Keenum will MANAGE you for a few games. He will not win you a Super Bowl. 2017 was just a WEIRD year, buy hey...even Colin K got to the Super Bowl one year. Then the league figured him out....

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Keenum is exactly what he's been: a journeyman backup and sometimes starter. If he fits the system, he can be effective, but he's not going to be anyone's franchise QB.

(07-01-2019, 03:58 PM)TJBender Wrote: Keenum is exactly what he's been: a journeyman backup and sometimes starter. If he fits the system, he can be effective, but he's not going to be anyone's franchise QB.

That's pretty much what I was eluding to with my previous comment.  Both are good backups, but neither one is a franchise quarterback.  In the right system (mostly having a good running game and good defense) either one can manage a game enough to win in a pinch.

Both seem to have good "football minds" and are athletic, but the precision capability is just not there.  I wouldn't mind having either as my #2 should my starter go down.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(06-24-2019, 11:13 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Man I can’t believe the ups and downs this guys been through the past few years. He leads Minnesota to the playoffs when there starter goes down.

Then the Vikings just let him walk, after he was clicking so good with that system. He signs with Denver to be the man, and has an average year.

Now he’s with the Redskins with Haskins waiting in the shadows.

He’s kind of had a Ryan Fitzpatrick type of career. I thought for sure he would take over for Bridgewater up in Minnesota and just call that home. 

Just goes to show it’s all about the money for each player.

All about the money???

The Vikings were never a option for him long term.. Mike Zimmerman was never sold on him as a long term starter. Case Keenum didn't leave for the money.. Vikings simply let him walk.

I have to think they atleast made some type of offer to him.