Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
** The Official 2019-2020 Dem Debate Thread **

(This post was last modified: 06-27-2019, 09:48 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

This thread is dedicated specifically for discussions regarding the Democratic Debates leading up to the Primary elections.  The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

Initial thoughts after Day 1 (6/26/2019)

*Topics were geared toward Democratic interests.  I thought they should have diversified the topics and asked more challenging questions.  As an example:  What do you think about equal pay for women?  Seriously, they really did ask that.

*Moderators did not challenge the candidates.  When a candidate favors college debt forgiveness, don't you think the 1st question would be related to who is going to pay the $1.6 Trillion in debt.

The candidates - (randomly summarized) - personality evaluation 
* O'Rourke - was not in his element and appeared to be less educated and less savvy then the opponents that challenged him.
* Warren - relatively well spoken.  
* Booker - I think he was the big winner last night
* Castro -- Good night for him.  Sounded well-educated and well spoken.
* De Blasio - OK night for him.
* Ryan - Ignored topics to discuss bringing jobs back to the rust belt -- decent strategy for us left center reps.
* Gabbard - Military background as she stated 20 times.  Decent candidate for 2024 perhaps.
* Klobuchar - Good experience and may be qualified but lacks pizzazz.
* Inslee - Ok but he'll be gone soon.
* Delaney - Another Ok but he'll be gone soon.

Overall, I was the most impressed by Castro but if I needed to vote today for a candidate (out of the selection above) to win the 2020 election, I'd probably favor Booker.  Warren may put up a decent challenge but I'm not certain she can bring more to the table to enhance females and minorities to vote for her more than Hilary did in 2016.

I'll get deeper into the topics and the candidates position as we go.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

En Español, por favor.

After the abomination last night I fully expect to see this real soon:

[Image: image24.jpg]

[Image: anigif_enhanced-341-1447955883-2.gif]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-27-2019, 10:41 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: After the abomination last night I fully expect to see this real soon:

[Image: image24.jpg]

[Image: anigif_enhanced-341-1447955883-2.gif]

Free weed and cars?

She gets my vote.

The parts I watched were a hot mess. If any candidate answered a question I must've missed it.

Hilarious and accurate responses to my initial post. Smile

(06-27-2019, 12:12 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Hilarious and accurate responses to my initial post.  Smile

I think Booker, Gabbard, Castro, and maybe Klobuchar will be good VP candidates if they're willing to sling the mud necessary for the role, because they all handled the stage well and tick specific boxes on the resume, but all of these people have no shot at the top job this time around.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Beto O'Rourke has the enthusiasm and personality of a wet dishrag.

(06-27-2019, 10:32 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: En Español, por favor.

Funniest tweet I saw lasT night post debate said:
“Wait till Warren starts speaking Cherokee” 

Laughing

What a train wreck. How do Democratic voters sleep soundly at night?

I'm not sure how many registered Democrats we have here on the board but I'd be curious to here if this group of clowns is a true representation of what they (Dems) stand for moving forward. I have a hard time believing these are the best folks available to possibly lead this country. The message I understood more represents South America and pandering to a minority vote than what is actually meaningful in North America (US).
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 06-27-2019, 03:00 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(06-27-2019, 01:56 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: What a train wreck. How do Democratic voters sleep soundly at night?

Since you asked, this helped last night and will help once again tonight.  

My Debate tailgate sofagate party starts at 7pm.  Definitely looking forward to hearing Bernie speak Spanish.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVfSPfaoknFy0IHJBwiIr...53yfQ3h0yX]

Gratis todo para todos!

[Image: mp,840x830,matte,f8f8f8,t-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg]

(06-27-2019, 02:58 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(06-27-2019, 01:56 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: What a train wreck. How do Democratic voters sleep soundly at night?

My Debate tailgate sofagate party starts at 7pm.  Definitely looking forward to hearing Bernie speak Spanish.

That looks outstanding! Reminds me, I need to try the spiced cider recipe.

At this point, William Weld is my favorite candidate and he's running as a Republican (in name only.)

[BLEEP] like this is why I don't regret cutting cable long ago.

That does look tasty. And refreshing.

So... Castro is for Transexual abortions?

Dem Debate Bingo Card...

[Image: Democratic-Debate-Bingo-1.png]

Harris racial tirade against uncle Joe is likely to backfire.