Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Linebacker talk

(07-01-2019, 10:22 PM)NH3 Wrote:
(07-01-2019, 10:17 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I was with Jags02 for a few preseason games when Jack was a rookie. I thought he missed some key tackles. But once the season got rolling, he showed that he tackles just fine.

Everybody on defense on every team misses tackles. I don’t think it’s an issue with him though. He’s going to miss some here and there that’s just football.

His pre snap instincts w/respect to the run defense  has to improve tremendously to be an quality MLB.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

I think the presnap stuff will improve with more ‘seat time’

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

There's some good athleticism there but the biggest question mark with this group is lack of experience. Other than Ryan and McCray who are an insurance policy and a backup respectively. Jack is in his 4th year but like someone said, he needs to continue to improve on his reads and I wish he was a little more of a physical presence in the middle.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Maybe it all comes together for him this year. I hope WILLIAMS becomes a stud and makes the absence of Telvin less painful.

I saw Myles Jack and Marcus Pollard (dir. of player development) at the mayor's inauguration gala last night.

The only thing they'd admit to being 91% certain of was that the mayor's sister-in-law was hammered and making a fool of herself.

(07-01-2019, 10:32 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(07-01-2019, 10:22 PM)NH3 Wrote: His pre snap instincts w/respect to the run defense  has to improve tremendously to be an quality MLB.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

I think the presnap stuff will improve with more ‘seat time’

Either you have it or you don't.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(07-02-2019, 04:41 PM)NH3 Wrote:
(07-01-2019, 10:32 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I think the presnap stuff will improve with more ‘seat time’

Either you have it or you don't.

NH3...

Learning to identify offensive formations and align yourself and teammates accordingly is a skill that can be acquired and refined.

(This post was last modified: 07-02-2019, 06:57 PM by JagFanatic24.)

(07-02-2019, 04:51 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(07-02-2019, 04:41 PM)NH3 Wrote: Either you have it or you don't.

NH3...

Learning to identify offensive formations and align yourself and teammates accordingly is a skill that can be acquired and refined.

You beat me to it. 

Yeah, I would have to disagree on that NH3, I think the more experience he has, the better his reads will get. He’s not bad considering he played as a RB and then went to LB.

(07-02-2019, 06:56 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(07-02-2019, 04:51 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Learning to identify offensive formations and align yourself and teammates accordingly is a skill that can be acquired and refined.

You beat me to it. 

Yeah, I would have to disagree on that NH3, I think the more experience he has, the better his reads will get. He’s not bad considering he played as a RB and then went to LB.

Thank you for helping me make my point. His natural position wasn't MLB. In college he played RB and WLB, not MLB. I want our MLB to be instinctive like Poz was and Ryan is to say the least. Meet the RB in the backfield on run plays. Sack the QB prior to hand offs on numerous occasions. Set up the defense to place your foot on the opposing team's neck.

Jack definately has abilities BUT he's not there yet w/respect to being an MLB. In our "Win Now" category, we need instinctiveness.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(07-02-2019, 04:51 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(07-02-2019, 04:41 PM)NH3 Wrote: Either you have it or you don't.

NH3...

Your avatar says it all. Who made the play on the ball? Ramsey lagging behind the receiver or [BLEEP] molesting the QB?

Instinctive reaction time is key at the MLB position, especially to the DBs.

NH3...
"AZANE"

I want my MLB in on every tackle on running plays. Always room for improvement, of course.

(06-30-2019, 10:59 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(06-30-2019, 10:24 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Rolleyes Laughing

Why are you laughing?

He is nowhere near Wagner, Kuechly, Mosley or even Jaylon Smith. He is also not as good as Mike Peterson and [BLEEP] in his best years here. 

Jack will never be an All Pro MLB. He has a better chance on the outside tbh.

Jack has all pro potential, but he is very far from reaching that potential. He's been pretty average overall thus far.

(07-03-2019, 12:14 AM)NH3 Wrote:
(07-02-2019, 04:51 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Learning to identify offensive formations and align yourself and teammates accordingly is a skill that can be acquired and refined.

Your avatar says it all. Who made the play on the ball? Ramsey lagging behind the receiver or [BLEEP] molesting the QB?

Instinctive reaction time is key at the MLB position, especially to the DBs.

NH3...

The gif in my signature shows a blitzing MLB.  That was play design, not instinct. 

I wouldn't disagree that Poz had a better nose for the football instinctively in the run game, but that clip is no example of anything we're talking about. 

You initially began this as a "pre-snap" discussion, which is something I believe Jack will continue to improve upon.  
I don't think the "nose for the football instincts" stuff is actually a pre-snap diagnosis, but a quick reaction to the snap and initial movements of the offense.  That stuff can be a bit more "intangible - or -  you have it or you don't"  --  but it still can be sharpened by studying opponents film to learn tendencies.

There was an article an who the most indespensible player on the Jaguars is, as in whose loss would hurt the most. The answer has to be Ramsey or Foles, but I thought about Myles Jack as he's now the QB of the defense. That said, we do have Jack Ryan behind him which is more than we have behidn Ramsey or Foles.

The link is to a video of Mark Brunell and Cole Pepper breaking down the Jaguars linebackers this year... 

https://www.news4jax.com/sports/cole-and...QIpN1Y9GSQ
'02

(07-05-2019, 03:58 AM)Jags02 Wrote: There was an article an who the most indespensible player on the Jaguars is, as in whose loss would hurt the most. The answer has to be Ramsey or Foles, but I thought about Myles Jack as he's now the QB of the defense. That said, we do have Jack Ryan behind him which is more than we have behidn Ramsey or Foles.

The link is to a video of Mark Brunell and Cole Pepper breaking down the Jaguars linebackers this year... 

I would have to say Foles on offense and Yannick on defense.

(07-05-2019, 06:42 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(07-05-2019, 03:58 AM)Jags02 Wrote: There was an article an who the most indespensible player on the Jaguars is, as in whose loss would hurt the most. The answer has to be Ramsey or Foles, but I thought about Myles Jack as he's now the QB of the defense. That said, we do have Jack Ryan behind him which is more than we have behidn Ramsey or Foles.

I would have to say Foles on offense and Yannick on defense.

I thought about Yannick, but we'd still have Calais and Josh Allen so I think we'd be ok. Lose Ramsey and we're screwed. 
'02

I Concur on their opinions w/respect to the unknown play at the LB positions and that includes Myles Jack. 

The Here and Now is needed at that MLB position, not The Potential and Possibilities. AGAIN, I pray that Myles maintains the defensive QB role but I'm honestly not too confident in him doing so. If JR (Jake) outplays Myles in the pre-season, he HAS to be the starter.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(07-06-2019, 12:19 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
(07-05-2019, 06:42 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I would have to say Foles on offense and Yannick on defense.

I thought about Yannick, but we'd still have Calais and Josh Allen so I think we'd be ok. Lose Ramsey and we're screwed. 

We still have Bouye so we wouldn’t be screwed. But man I would hate to lose Ramsey.