Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Colin Kaepernick Forces Nike To Cancel ‘Betsy Ross Flag’ Sneaker

Kaepernick is a total [BLEEP] Head

Colin Kaepernick Forces Nike To Cancel ‘Betsy Ross Flag’ Sneaker

Former NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick has forced Nike to cancel a “Betsy Ross Flag” sneaker that would have commemorated America’s independence. Kaepernick forced Nike to cancel the sneaker because the Betsy Ross Flag, which is the first flag of the United States, is a symbol of racism and slavery.

https://thehayride.com/2019/07/colin-kae...b2tTp3uNDw
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

People who actually love America arent Nike's target demographic, and this news wont hurt them a bit.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-02-2019, 09:11 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: People who actually love America arent Nike's target demographic, and this news wont hurt them a bit.

3 people on this board just rushed to [BLEEP] to buy some new Nike's and not look at firearms.

(07-02-2019, 09:40 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(07-02-2019, 09:11 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: People who actually love America arent Nike's target demographic, and this news wont hurt them a bit.

3 people on this board just rushed to [BLEEP] to buy some new Nike's and not look at firearms.

Lol, Filter Magic!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I like the Betsy Ross flag. I don't get Kaepernick on this.

Most HOAs in FL restrict you from flying flags, but per state statute, you have a right to fly the current American flag, or the Florida flag, or an armed services flag.
Past flags are not protected.
FL statute anticipates that past flags or unofficial flags will be controversial, so we shouldn't be surprised that Kaep feels this way, even though it doesn't seem controversial to me.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(07-02-2019, 09:50 AM)mikesez Wrote: I like the Betsy Ross flag.  I don't get Kaepernick on this.

Most HOAs in FL restrict you from flying flags, but per state statute, you have a right to fly the current American flag, or the Florida flag, or an armed services flag.
FL statute anticipates that past flags or unofficial flags will be controversial, so we shouldn't be surprised that Kaep feels this way, even though it doesn't seem controversial to me.

Welp, that got weird.

(07-02-2019, 10:15 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-02-2019, 09:50 AM)mikesez Wrote: I like the Betsy Ross flag.  I don't get Kaepernick on this.

Welp, that got weird.

Liberals. Kings of "google my next thought and copy and paste it as my own".

Personally, I consider wearing the American flag on your feet to be a greater insult to it than kneeling during the playing of a song written to honor it.

I also don't really give two [BLEEP] either way. Nike's been selling out to the Kaepernick crowd almost from day one, so a decision like this hardly comes as a surprise.

It's all a plot to sell $100 shoes for $2500 on eBay.

Well, this outta take a bite out of Nike's 'slave' labor. Oh wait, that's not a convenient thought!
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(07-02-2019, 10:58 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: It's all a plot to sell $100 shoes for $2500 on eBay.

Dude, don't even bother with selling shoes on eBay. They all get return claims opened because they "don't fit", and the buyer actually sends you back a box of rocks so they can keep your money and your shoes.

(07-02-2019, 11:04 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(07-02-2019, 10:58 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: It's all a plot to sell $100 shoes for $2500 on eBay.

Dude, don't even bother with selling shoes on eBay. They all get return claims opened because they "don't fit", and the buyer actually sends you back a box of rocks so they can keep your money and your shoes.

Hmmm, this sound suspiciously like the Voice of Experience.

(This post was last modified: 07-02-2019, 01:58 PM by mikesez.)

(07-02-2019, 10:19 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(07-02-2019, 10:15 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Welp, that got weird.

Liberals. Kings of "google my next thought and copy and paste it as my own".

I'm not a liberal, and I know that bit of information cuz I've served on my HOA board.
Regardless of how you identify, you're the king of, "think of the most spiteful reply possible and offer it"

Maybe he doesn't want the Betsy Ross shoes devaluing his property.

AZ Governor Vows to Pull Nike’s Tax Incentives as Company Takes Heat for Yanking Betsy Ross Flag Shoe

https://ijr.com/shoe-usa-kaepernick-flag...A3w0C0yCY4
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(07-02-2019, 11:54 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-02-2019, 11:04 AM)TJBender Wrote: Dude, don't even bother with selling shoes on eBay. They all get return claims opened because they "don't fit", and the buyer actually sends you back a box of rocks so they can keep your money and your shoes.

Hmmm, this sound suspiciously like the Voice of Experience.

PC components are more my game, but yeah, during the Bitcoin craze I sent out a graphics card that returned to my possession as a box of cardboard scraps. eBay does not care. Since then, it's all low-dollar stuff that I can move in bulk and not worry about one or two coming back.

(07-02-2019, 12:12 PM)Last42min Wrote: Maybe he doesn't want the Betsy Ross shoes devaluing his property.

When I was on the board, the property manager asked if she could send a mean letter to someone who was waving a variation of the rainbow flag.

I said, wait, flags are against the rules? And she showed me our covenants and the FL statute.

We learned something.

Then we all decided to not enforce it.  No letter was sent.

Our lawyer then piped up that if we didn't enforce this now, it would be harder to enforce if a resident put up a Confederate flag later.

We again voted to not send the letter.

Fortunately no one has put up a Confederate flag or Nazi flag or KKK flag yet.

(07-02-2019, 02:02 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-02-2019, 12:12 PM)Last42min Wrote: Maybe he doesn't want the Betsy Ross shoes devaluing his property.

When I was on the board, the property manager asked if she could send a mean letter to someone who was waving a variation of the rainbow flag.

I said, wait, flags are against the rules? And she showed me our covenants and the FL statute.

We learned something.

Our lawyer then piped up that if we didn't enforce this now, it would be harder to enforce if a resident put up a Confederate flag later.

Where do you live?

Asking for a friend who wants to make your life more fun.

I find this to be a very curious move by Nike. Are they really relinquishing their marketing strategy to a SJW?

(07-02-2019, 02:31 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(07-02-2019, 02:02 PM)mikesez Wrote: When I was on the board, the property manager asked if she could send a mean letter to someone who was waving a variation of the rainbow flag.

We learned something.

Where do you live?

Asking for a friend who wants to make your life more fun.

I'm not on the board anymore and I'll never say anything more specific than west orange county FL.