Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com puts us back in the playoffs

Read this last night and it pretty much sums up my thoughts on the team this year. This NFL.com article is a fair assessment of last year and makes many good points for this year.
"If this team gets lessons from losing they should all be Einsteins by now."---Jaguarmvp

"Football is not played on paper, its played inside Televisions"---Random Poster BCC

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I hope they level the tacks this year.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(07-04-2019, 11:54 AM)Caldrac Wrote: I hope they level the tacks this year.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Level them?  [BLEEP].  I hope they just beat them.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

This time be sure to tackle this guy...

[Image: Workshop_of_Hans_Holbein_the_Younger_-_P...roject.jpg]
'02

(07-04-2019, 10:37 AM)ajagsfan Wrote: Read this last night and it pretty much sums up my thoughts on the team this year. This NFL.com article is a fair assessment of last year and makes many good points for this year.

I see no reason outside of injury why we should not be in the playoffs.   Love your sig by the way.  I forgotten I said that but it is 100% true.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(07-04-2019, 04:13 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(07-04-2019, 10:37 AM)ajagsfan Wrote: Read this last night and it pretty much sums up my thoughts on the team this year. This NFL.com article is a fair assessment of last year and makes many good points for this year.

I see no reason outside of injury why we should not be in the playoffs.   Love your sig by the way.  I forgotten I said that but it is 100% true.

What? I see plenty of reasons they could miss out of the playoffs even if they stay healthy.

The way I look it, the Jaguars are a longshot to win the division, and I envision the loser between the Chiefs and Chargers taking the division. I feel the Jaguars have a shot at that final WC spot, but they're likely up against the Steelers and the rest of the AFC South for that spot, and that's presuming the Ravens, Raiders, Jets and Bills fail to contend. I'm presuming here the Broncos, Bengals and Dolphins are gutter dwellers. The point is, the Jaguars probably make the Playoffs by the skin of their teeth. What I'm hopeful for is that should they snag that last spot, they have a team that can go the distance.
'02

(07-04-2019, 04:22 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(07-04-2019, 04:13 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I see no reason outside of injury why we should not be in the playoffs.   Love your sig by the way.  I forgotten I said that but it is 100% true.

What? I see plenty of reasons they could miss out of the playoffs even if they stay healthy.

The way I look it, the Jaguars are a longshot to win the division, and I envision the loser between the Chiefs and Chargers taking the division. I feel the Jaguars have a shot at that final WC spot, but they're likely up against the Steelers and the rest of the AFC South for that spot, and that's presuming the Ravens, Raiders, Jets and Bills fail to contend. I'm presuming here the Broncos, Bengals and Dolphins are gutter dwellers. The point is, the Jaguars probably make the Playoffs by the skin of their teeth. What I'm hopeful for is that should they snag that last spot, they have a team that can go the distance.

Thats your opinion and I have mine.   This will no doubt be one of the best defense's in the league and that alone is enough if the offense can just generate points and first downs.  Foles no doubt is a huge upgrade at QB that will also help the defense by generating points first downs let alone points.   The titans, colts, or texans aren't powerhouses and have weaknesses on their own.   The schedule is tough this year but that's based on last year.  Teams rise and fall.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(07-04-2019, 04:22 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(07-04-2019, 04:13 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I see no reason outside of injury why we should not be in the playoffs.   Love your sig by the way.  I forgotten I said that but it is 100% true.

So, you have SUPER BOWL Winning aspirations...

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(07-05-2019, 01:23 AM)NH3 Wrote:
(07-04-2019, 04:22 PM)Jags02 Wrote: What? I see plenty of reasons they could miss out of the playoffs even if they stay healthy.

So, you have SUPER BOWL Winning aspirations...

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

I do. It's going to be a tough road to haul to get there, but they should be nice and battle-hardened when they do. Foles gives me all the confidence in the world with his poise, accuracy, quick release, clutchness and experience at the highest level. 
'02

So nice to be winning the off-season again.

(07-05-2019, 06:35 AM)DragonFury Wrote: So nice to be winning the off-season again.

When was the last time it was because of their opinion about our quarterback?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

If everything goes how some on this MB want, i'm all for it. Playoffs then SB. I'm content with just the playoffs but if the lights switch on and we start hitting on all facets of the game then we can make a run. Wait and see mode still activated currently on my end.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(07-05-2019, 11:41 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: If everything goes how some on this MB want, i'm all for it.  Playoffs then SB.  I'm content with just the playoffs but if the lights switch on and we start hitting on all facets of the game then we can make a run.  Wait and see mode still activated currently on my end.

I'm not content at all with merely making the Playoffs. You see teams like the Texans that are adept at making the Playoffs but it does them no good as they can't win in the post-season. Frankly, I'd be just as content winning the playoffs as I would just being a contender down the stretch and finishing 7-9. To be "content," I at least have to a playoff win, but I just feel if they get to that point they'd have a realistic shot at more wins possibly taking home a Lombardi.
'02

(This post was last modified: 07-05-2019, 01:56 PM by JagsFansince1995.)

(07-05-2019, 12:43 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(07-05-2019, 11:41 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: If everything goes how some on this MB want, i'm all for it.  Playoffs then SB.  I'm content with just the playoffs but if the lights switch on and we start hitting on all facets of the game then we can make a run.  Wait and see mode still activated currently on my end.

I'm not content at all with merely making the Playoffs. You see teams like the Texans that are adept at making the Playoffs but it does them no good as they can't win in the post-season. Frankly, I'd be just as content winning the playoffs as I would just being a contender down the stretch and finishing 7-9. To be "content," I at least have to a playoff win, but I just feel if they get to that point they'd have a realistic shot at more wins possibly taking home a Lombardi.

I understand where you're coming from.  I have a good friend who loves the chiefs, and see the pain of being a playoff regular, only to keep losing.  I want us to win at least one, and try for a run; but i look at the goal differently.  I feel if we can make the playoffs, then we should be good.  It all depends on how we make the playoffs though.  If we can compete and look like a contender in the AFC, then i'm more than willing to bet we'd make a run.  If we look sluggish for the most part and just sneak in, I don't think anyone will be pleased to just make it and then lose.  I want to see us competing and ready for a run come January.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

JAGS ARE OFFSEASON CHAMPS YET AGAIN

WOOPWOOPWOOP

(07-05-2019, 12:52 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(07-05-2019, 12:43 PM)Jags02 Wrote: I'm not content at all with merely making the Playoffs. You see teams like the Texans that are adept at making the Playoffs but it does them no good as they can't win in the post-season. Frankly, I'd be just as content winning the playoffs as I would just being a contender down the stretch and finishing 7-9. To be "content," I at least have to a playoff win, but I just feel if they get to that point they'd have a realistic shot at more wins possibly taking home a Lombardi.

I understand where you're coming from.  I have a good friend who loves the chiefs, and see the pain of being a playoff regular, only to keep losing.  I want us to win at least one, and try for a run; but i look at the goal differently.  I feel if we can make the playoffs, then we should be good.  It all depends on how we make the playoffs though.  If we can compete and look like a contender in the AFC, then i'm more than willing to bet we'd make a run.  If we look sluggish for the most part and just sneak in, I don't think anyone will be pleased to just make it and then lose.  I want to see us competing and ready for a run come January.

To this I Concur. We have an #WindowofOpportunity that is limited w/respect to our existing roster, our existing salary cap not to mention the front office and coaching staff. We cannot afford to simply get into the playoffs and be "One and Done". If we don't seriously compete for the AFC South Championship, we have no choice but to consider 2019 an bust year.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(07-06-2019, 05:45 PM)NH3 Wrote:
(07-05-2019, 12:52 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: I understand where you're coming from.  I have a good friend who loves the chiefs, and see the pain of being a playoff regular, only to keep losing.  I want us to win at least one, and try for a run; but i look at the goal differently.  I feel if we can make the playoffs, then we should be good.  It all depends on how we make the playoffs though.  If we can compete and look like a contender in the AFC, then i'm more than willing to bet we'd make a run.  If we look sluggish for the most part and just sneak in, I don't think anyone will be pleased to just make it and then lose.  I want to see us competing and ready for a run come January.

To this I Concur. We have an #WindowofOpportunity that is limited w/respect to our existing roster, our existing salary cap not to mention the front office and coaching staff. We cannot afford to simply get into the playoffs and be "One and Done". If we don't seriously compete for the AFC South Championship, we have no choice but to consider 2019 an bust year.

NH3...

I dislike the limited window narrative. 
Such windows can be widened/expanded by simply drafting well to replace the overpriced players on a team's roster.
Easier said than done, granted, but far from impossible. 

Harrison and Bryan's performance in 2019 will go a long way to showing if this front office is capable of extending this window that so many fans think is very finite.

(07-06-2019, 11:31 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(07-06-2019, 05:45 PM)NH3 Wrote: To this I Concur. We have an #WindowofOpportunity that is limited w/respect to our existing roster, our existing salary cap not to mention the front office and coaching staff. We cannot afford to simply get into the playoffs and be "One and Done". If we don't seriously compete for the AFC South Championship, we have no choice but to consider 2019 an bust year.

NH3...

Such windows can be widened/expanded by simply drafting well to replace the overpriced players on a team's roster.

Harrison and Bryan's performance in 2019 will go a long way to showing if this front office is capable of extending this window that so many fans think is very finite.

Limited window is how we traded away nearly an entire draft and ended up with Derrick harvey and Quentin Groves.

(07-06-2019, 11:31 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(07-06-2019, 05:45 PM)NH3 Wrote: To this I Concur. We have an #WindowofOpportunity that is limited w/respect to our existing roster, our existing salary cap not to mention the front office and coaching staff. We cannot afford to simply get into the playoffs and be "One and Done". If we don't seriously compete for the AFC South Championship, we have no choice but to consider 2019 an bust year.

NH3...

I too dislike the window of opportunity scenario but it exists w/most teams. 

The Saints and Rams geared up last year for that push because of said windows. Teams like the CHEATERS, Steelers and Packers do an good job of releasing players w/high cap #s but they don't make splashes in the playoff drive to the SB. Except for the CHEATERS. 

We the Jaguars has an window of opportunity before the front office will have to jettison players like Myles Jack, Bouye and Campbell just to name a few. At this point, in my opinion, we do not have their replacements on the roster via the NFL draft. We did an good job of drafting Bryan early but we need to do Much Better in this category of drafting for the future instead of the present. Success does cure this BUT.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(07-07-2019, 08:13 AM)DragonFury Wrote:
(07-06-2019, 11:31 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I dislike the limited window narrative. 

Limited window is how we traded away nearly an entire draft and ended up with Derrick harvey and Quentin Groves.

You could also say it's how you give Foles $50 mil instead of drafting Haskins. 

I realize front offices make decisions based on a perceived window, but I dislike the approach the vast majority of the time. 
Hopefully the 2018, 2019 and yet to occur 2020 drafts will garner enough talent to allow the Jags to trim salary cap fat  --  keeping the Jags in the conversation of elite defenses moving beyond this window folks are so concerned about.