Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Top 25 Jaguars

(This post was last modified: 07-16-2019, 07:45 AM by JagFanatic24.)

Name them. 
For the 25th anniversary there are some vids on YouTube and they have it with their ranking and Vic Ketchman and Sam Kavarius. And Brian Sexton

I watched a few videos on YouTube and I put my list under Vinny Manuawia’s video. They have him listed at 18.

I posted my top 25 and even added a few honorable mentions.

Mine would be something like this

Taylor
Boselli
Smith
Brunell
MJD

McCardell
Brackens
Hardy
Nickerson (probably didn’t play as a Jag enough)
Darius

Mathis
Peterson
Walker
Henderson
Stroud

Smeenge
Nickerson
Searcy
Naeole
Beasley

Coleman
Garrard (tough for me to put him but kind of have to)
Kyle Brady or Mitchell depending on era
Scobee or Hollis (I’d go Hollis bc of his playoffs exp)
Natrone Means, However you could put Manuwia there as well. I just can’t say he’s one of the 25 best players in this team’s history.

There are guys like Greg Jones who was just as important to our run game during the down years. How about guys like Lewis who was always our best blocker on the edges. Then there are guys like Daryl Smith and Brad Meester who did it for a long time and was above average for many seasons.

Guys like Linder and Ramsey are knocking on the door and could finish in the top 15 or 20. Heck Ramsey could finish in the top 10.

Then you have Campbell who is one of the best FA signings ever. If he plays another 2 years you have to put him on this list. And you can’t leave out AJ Bouye. The past 2 years he’s given us more than what anybody would have ever guessed. More ints than any player on the team the past 2 seasons. Also in 2017 he was statistically better than Ramsey in a lot of categories. Not bad for an old Texan that came over after the 2016 season.

You could even argue Telvin Smith for what he’s done on defense. Yannick is well on his way to making this list one day if he keeps his current play.

But anyway I’m sure everyone’s list is different after the top 3 players.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

1. Fred Taylor
2. Tony Boselli
3. Jimmy Smith

4. Mark Brunell
5. MJD
6. Calais Campbell
7. Jaylen Ramsay
8. Keenan McCardell
9. Tony Brackens

10. Marcus Stroud
11. Rasshean Mathis
12. Kevin Hardy
13. Paul Poslusny
14. Darryl Smith
15. Greg Jones
16. Brad Meester
17.Leon Searcy
18. Mike Peterson
19. Donovan Darius
20. Mercedes Lewis
21. Telvin Smith
22. John Henderson
23. Josh Scobee
24. Vince Manuwai
25. Joel Smengee

I grouped mine in 3 tiers. The top 3 players all have a strong case for number 1 of all-time. I gave it to Fred since his career was longer and he was highly under-rated by the national media. Some may question my ranking Calais and Ramsay too high at this point. Regardless, both deserve their rankings due to their dominance at their positions. Campbell may have had the greatest single season in Jaguars history- certainly on the defensive side of the ball.

(This post was last modified: 07-16-2019, 12:52 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(07-16-2019, 11:51 AM)jaglou53 Wrote: 15. Greg Jones

#15 Bust perhaps.  We could have gotten a fullback in the 7th round.

2nd round draft pick 
913 Yards rushing
10 TDs

Heck, we could have gotten Michael "Burner" Turner in the 5th round that year.
7,338 yards rushing
66 TDs

(07-16-2019, 12:41 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

2nd round draft pick 
913 Yards rushing
10 TDs

7,338 yards rushing
66 TDs
MJD attributes much of his success to Greg Jones. He would strongly disagree with you.

If you put Garrard on your list, you might as well put Campbell and Bouye and Ramsey too. Garrard only played as the main starter for 3 years.

1. Long Ding
2-25. Debatable

(07-16-2019, 03:14 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: If you put Garrard on your list, you might as well put Campbell and Bouye and Ramsey too. Garrard only played as the main starter for 3 years.

Garrard was a middle of the road quarterback regardless of the number of years he played. He had that 1 great season when they made the playoffs highlighted by beating the Steelers twice. His 1st down run to clinch the game was definitely a top 10 play in Jaguars history. He was also a great value draft pick by Coughlin. How many 4th round q.b.'s (I believe-maybe even 5th), stick around the league as long as he did? He was as tough as they come and very hard to bring down. All that being said, I can't say he's a top 25 player in Jags history. Of course, that's just my opinion.

(07-16-2019, 12:41 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

2nd round draft pick 
913 Yards rushing
10 TDs

7,338 yards rushing
66 TDs

Opinions are like [BLEEP], everybody has one.
Jones is my personal all-time favorite Jaguar.  Brutally effective blocker, immensely physical, what could he have been without two ACL injuries.  Unselfish, quiet, great teammate.  I would definitely include him.

* Wanted to mention another player who could have been special.  A shout-out to a player who, before getting injured late in a preseason game, was a terrific change of pace, 3rd down option; Tavian Banks.  I can still see the play in my head against Atlanta when he was hurt at the end of the game on an unnecessary hit as he was going out of bounds. He was never the same.

Otherwise, the lists above are close to what I would submit.

(This post was last modified: 07-16-2019, 05:55 PM by JagFanatic24.)

(07-16-2019, 05:17 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote:
(07-16-2019, 12:41 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: #15 Bust perhaps.  We could have gotten a fullback in the 7th round.

2nd round draft pick 
913 Yards rushing
10 TDs

7,338 yards rushing
66 TDs

Opinions are like [BLEEP], everybody has one.
Jones is my personal all-time favorite Jaguar.  Brutally effective blocker, immensely physical, what could he have been without two ACL injuries.  Unselfish, quiet, great teammate.  I would definitely include him.

* Wanted to mention another player who could have been special.  A shout-out to a player who, before getting injured late in a preseason game, was a terrific change of pace, 3rd down option; Tavian Banks.  I can still see the play in my head against Atlanta when he was hurt at the end of the game on an unnecessary hit as he was going out of bounds. He was never the same.

Otherwise, the lists above are close to what I would submit.

I remember that play too. Up in Atlanta I believe in the 3rd preseason game. But I don’t remember it being out of bounds.

I remember his mate Tim Dwight checked on him. That play took his football career. 

I remember he went for 76 yards vs the Dolphins. He would have been so good.

Got him at great value in 1998 the same year we drafted Fred Taylor and Darius.

(07-16-2019, 05:10 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(07-16-2019, 03:14 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: If you put Garrard on your list, you might as well put Campbell and Bouye and Ramsey too. Garrard only played as the main starter for 3 years.

Garrard was a middle of the road quarterback regardless of the number of years he played. He had that 1 great season when they made the playoffs highlighted by beating the Steelers twice. His 1st down run to clinch the game was definitely a top 10 play in Jaguars history. He was also a great value draft pick by Coughlin. How many 4th round q.b.'s (I believe-maybe even 5th), stick around the league as long as he did? He was as tough as they come and very hard to bring down. All that being said, I can't say he's a top 25 player in Jags history. Of course, that's just my opinion.

It was hard for me to put Garrard in my top 25 also. He was a 4th round pick out of East Carolina.

(07-16-2019, 05:17 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote: Opinions are like [BLEEP], everybody has one.
Unselfish, quiet, great teammate.  I would definitely include him.

Nice, sounds like our new Staff Accountant.  

Definitely don't want someone that actually rushes for more than 3.4 yards per attempt and happens to get in the end zone when being handed the ball at the 1 yards line 4 straight times.

DD just snagged no. 16. Thought he should have been higher though.

(07-17-2019, 03:30 PM)TTalented Kalamari Wrote: DD just snagged no. 16. Thought he should have been higher though.

I thought he should have been ranked higher too. Atleast top 12 of all time. 

On defense our best player ever imo is Tony Brackens. Ramsey and Campbell are well on their way. But Double D is top 5 because of the way he played. Back in the 90s the running backs seemed bigger. 

Chris Warren
Iron head Hayward
Jerome Bettis
I’m sure I’m missing some guys but he used to knock them out.

Leon Searcy comes in at number 15.

He was a Jaguar for 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999

(This post was last modified: 07-19-2019, 04:14 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(07-19-2019, 03:17 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Leon Searcy comes in at number 15.

He was a Jaguar for 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999

Didn't crack the Top 100 Steelers list Sad

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1646...ry#slide24

https://medium.com/@Blitzalytics/top-100...99f71651a2

Well to be fair, it’s just one mans opinion whoever made this list. They have 2 guards on this list and they are debatable.

If Ben Coleman doesn’t make the list then it’s a shame. And Darius should be top 10.

(This post was last modified: 07-19-2019, 06:33 PM by Caldrac.)

1. Fred Taylor
2. Jimmy Smith
3. Keenan McCardell
4. Tony Boselli
5. Mark Brunell
6. Maurice Jones-Drew
7. Tony Brackens
8. John Henderson
9. Marcus Stroud
10. Donovin Darius
11. Rashean Mathis
12. Jalen Ramsey
13. Aaron Beasley
14. Mike Peterson
15. Daryl Smith
16. Calais Campbell
17. Brad Meester
18. Yannick Ngakoue
19. Greg Jones
20. Mike Hollis
21. Josh Scobee
22. A.J Bouye
23. Paul Posluszny
24. David Garrard
25. Rob Meier

I based my list just on memories. I know I'll catch [BLEEP] for not having a TE like Brady or Lewis on here. Or maybe for not listing Leon Searcy. But I based it on personal recollection. These 25 stand out for memorable plays, good years on good teams, longevity, etc.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(07-19-2019, 06:32 PM)Caldrac Wrote: 1. Fred Taylor
2. Jimmy Smith
3. Keenan McCardell
4. Tony Boselli
5. Mark Brunell
6. Maurice Jones-Drew
7. Tony Brackens
8. John Henderson
9. Marcus Stroud
10. Donovin Darius
11. Rashean Mathis
12. Jalen Ramsey
13. Aaron Beasley
14. Mike Peterson
15. Daryl Smith
16. Calais Campbell
17. Brad Meester
18. Yannick Ngakoue
19. Greg Jones
20. Mike Hollis
21. Josh Scobee
22. A.J Bouye
23. Paul Posluszny
24. David Garrard
25. Rob Meier

I based my list just on memories. I know I'll catch [BLEEP] for not having a TE like Brady or Lewis on here. Or maybe for not listing Leon Searcy. But I based it on personal recollection. These 25 stand out for memorable plays, good years on good teams, longevity, etc.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I like your list.

Campbell, Bouye, Yannick, and Ramsey are already some of the best Jags of all time.

I like that you put Hollis and Scobee. I actually had Barker on my list but took him off.

One question though...Can we switch Kevin Hardy for Garrard on your list?

(07-16-2019, 11:51 AM)jaglou53 Wrote: 1. Fred Taylor
2. Tony Boselli
3. Jimmy Smith

4. Mark Brunell
5. MJD
6. Calais Campbell
7. Jaylen Ramsay
8. Keenan McCardell
9. Tony Brackens

10. Marcus Stroud
11. Rasshean Mathis
12. Kevin Hardy
13. Paul Poslusny
14. Darryl Smith
15. Greg Jones
16. Brad Meester
17.Leon Searcy
18. Mike Peterson
19. Donovan Darius
20. Mercedes Lewis
21. Telvin Smith
22. John Henderson
23. Josh Scobee
24. Vince Manuwai
25. Joel Smengee

I grouped mine in 3 tiers. The top 3 players all have a strong case for number 1 of all-time. I gave it to Fred since his career was longer and he was highly under-rated by the national media. Some may question my ranking Calais and Ramsay too high at this point. Regardless, both deserve their rankings due to their dominance at their positions. Campbell may have had the greatest single season in Jaguars history- certainly on the defensive side of the ball.

Stroud was more popular around the league but Henderson was better.

Glad Naeole at least made the list (too low imo). He was also better than Manuwai.

(07-20-2019, 07:19 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(07-16-2019, 11:51 AM)jaglou53 Wrote: 1. Fred Taylor
2. Tony Boselli
3. Jimmy Smith

4. Mark Brunell
5. MJD
6. Calais Campbell
7. Jaylen Ramsay
8. Keenan McCardell
9. Tony Brackens

10. Marcus Stroud
11. Rasshean Mathis
12. Kevin Hardy
13. Paul Poslusny
14. Darryl Smith
15. Greg Jones
16. Brad Meester
17.Leon Searcy
18. Mike Peterson
19. Donovan Darius
20. Mercedes Lewis
21. Telvin Smith
22. John Henderson
23. Josh Scobee
24. Vince Manuwai
25. Joel Smengee

Stroud was more popular around the league but Henderson was better.

Agreed. Henderson seemed just to a tad bit more dominant and consistent at times. I ranked him just ahead of Stroud. Which was not easy being a Georgia Bulldogs fan and him being a Tennessee Volunteer. 

They were fun as hell to watch when I was a kid. That's why I gave Rob Meier a nod of respect on my list as well. He was a solid rotational player and overachieved for his draft status during those years. I almost added Gary Walker and Seth Payne over the kickers but Hollis was the all-time leading scorer here for awhile until Scobee came along. 

And Scobee also had some amazing kicks to finish some games for us. Long distance kicks. I know he fell off a cliff here and went out to a lot of boo birds but he's still one of my favorite personalities we ever had here during a lull of terrible teams.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."