Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Yannick practiced at the Jaguar's indoor facility this week.

Miles Jack posted this on his IG account today. Hopefully they're getting closer to an deal.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2019/07...-more-site
"AZANE"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He posted something on Instagram in a comment that was, and this is by memory, but "don't worry, we on they [BLEEP]"

I think they're getting close.

(07-17-2019, 04:53 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: He posted something on Instagram in a comment that was, and this is by memory, but "don't worry, we on they [BLEEP]"

I think they're getting close.

This is encouraging.

I hope the team can sign him quickly.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We Can't front load his deal because we do not have the cap space. Either way they need to pay this man.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(07-17-2019, 05:22 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: We Can't front load his deal because we do not have the cap space.  Either way they need to pay this man.

As sad as this sounds, that's one reason I think the Telvin Smith development is a blessing in disguise, as it represents an improved chance to get enough cap flexibility to maybe get a deal done. 

This is where signing Bortles to the extension bites the team in the butt.

(07-17-2019, 06:26 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(07-17-2019, 05:22 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: We Can't front load his deal because we do not have the cap space.  Either way they need to pay this man.

As sad as this sounds, that's one reason I think the Telvin Smith development is a blessing in disguise, as it represents an improved chance to get enough cap flexibility to maybe get a deal done. 

We'll put Smith on the retirement list and use his salary to help resign Yannick. Blake will be off the books after this season to which our salary cap will increase by $20 mill if I not mistaken. That money will help resign JR20.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(07-17-2019, 06:54 PM)NH3 Wrote:
(07-17-2019, 06:26 PM)Bullseye Wrote: As sad as this sounds, that's one reason I think the Telvin Smith development is a blessing in disguise, as it represents an improved chance to get enough cap flexibility to maybe get a deal done. 

We'll put Smith on the retirement list and use his salary to help resign Yannick. Blake will be off the books after this season to which our salary cap will increase by $20 mill if I not mistaken. That money will help resign JR20.

NH3...

Your understanding is correct, the Bortles contract handcuffed us this year but honestly the alternative was Kirk Cousins at 30+ mil for a long time. I'm glad it worked out the way it did with us getting Foles. going into next year Blake's contract coming off the books will allow us to resign Jalen if we can find the space this year for Yannick. 

Also Dareus is likely gone next year which would free up another $10 million. They can move on from Norwell to open up a lot of cap space if he flops again as all the guarantees come off his deal after year 2.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(07-18-2019, 10:54 AM)Firesky Wrote: They can move on from Norwell to open up a lot of cap space if he flops again as all the guarantees come off his deal after year 2.

Unfortunately we did not structure Norwell's deal in our typical fashion. If we cut Norwell after this year there is 9M in dead cap.

(07-18-2019, 12:09 PM)Upper Wrote:
(07-18-2019, 10:54 AM)Firesky Wrote: They can move on from Norwell to open up a lot of cap space if he flops again as all the guarantees come off his deal after year 2.

Unfortunately we did not structure Norwell's deal in our typical fashion. If we cut Norwell after this year there is 9M in dead cap.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I just hope he doesn’t start playing like [BLEEP] once we pay him.

(07-18-2019, 02:45 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: I just hope he doesn’t start playing like [BLEEP] once we pay him.

If I had to pick one player on the roster whose personality seems most dead set against phoning it in...

It would be Yannick. I don’t think money will change his play a bit.

(07-18-2019, 12:09 PM)Upper Wrote:

Yes, due to unamortized bonus, Norwell would have a $9m dead cap hit.  However, he is currently on the books next year for a $14.5m total cap hit.  Although there is a dead money hit, if released, he would still represent a $5.5m net savings to the cap.

(07-18-2019, 10:54 AM)Firesky Wrote:
(07-17-2019, 06:54 PM)NH3 Wrote: We'll put Smith on the retirement list and use his salary to help resign Yannick. Blake will be off the books after this season to which our salary cap will increase by $20 mill if I not mistaken. That money will help resign JR20.

NH3...

Your understanding is correct, the Bortles contract handcuffed us this year but honestly the alternative was Kirk Cousins at 30+ mil for a long time. I'm glad it worked out the way it did with us getting Foles. going into next year Blake's contract coming off the books will allow us to resign Jalen if we can find the space this year for Yannick. 

Also Dareus is likely gone next year which would free up another $10 million. They can move on from Norwell to open up a lot of cap space if he flops again as all the guarantees come off his deal after year 2.

We Concur.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(07-18-2019, 03:28 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(07-18-2019, 02:45 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: I just hope he doesn’t start playing like [BLEEP] once we pay him.

If I had to pick one player on the roster whose personality seems most dead set against phoning it in...

I’d pick Jalen.

(07-19-2019, 08:48 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(07-18-2019, 03:28 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: If I had to pick one player on the roster whose personality seems most dead set against phoning it in...

I’d pick Jalen.

Thankfully, for the first time in ages, we have drafted guys deserving of big second deals to whom we could give the benefit of the doubt.

(07-19-2019, 10:23 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(07-19-2019, 08:48 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: I’d pick Jalen.

Thankfully, for the first time in ages, we have drafted guys deserving of big second deals to whom we could give the benefit of the doubt.

Agreed. I would cut Linder and Campbell NOW if it meant keeping Jalen AND Yannick for at least another 5 years.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Yannick is already ranked 3rd all time in our franchise sack leaders with 29.5

Brackens-55
Smeenge-34
Yannick-29.5

Yan will easily be 2nd all time after week 8.

(07-19-2019, 08:48 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(07-18-2019, 03:28 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: If I had to pick one player on the roster whose personality seems most dead set against phoning it in...

I’d pick Jalen.

Neither player would regress w/respect to playing performances after netting a new contract in my opinion.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(07-19-2019, 10:55 PM)NH3 Wrote:
(07-19-2019, 08:48 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: I’d pick Jalen.

Neither player would regress w/respect to playing performances after netting a new contract in my opinion.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

True that. I’d pick both too, I was just saying if I had to pick one... Jalen is superstar competitive. Hopefully we lock up both for very long time.

(07-18-2019, 03:28 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Agree 1+