Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Yannick practiced at the Jaguar's indoor facility this week.

(07-20-2019, 12:20 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(07-19-2019, 10:55 PM)NH3 Wrote: Neither player would regress w/respect to playing performances after netting a new contract in my opinion.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

True that. I’d pick both too, I was just saying if I had to pick one... Jalen is superstar competitive. Hopefully we lock up both for very long time.

I feel that the front office already has an play to which they'll implement next season. We do need both stars locked down for the foreseeable future.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-22-2019, 04:56 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/NextGenStats/status/...29760?s=20

That's some damn good company to be in..

PAY THE MAN RIGHT NOW!

[Image: pia3bsg3wml01.jpg]
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(07-22-2019, 04:56 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/NextGenStats/status/...29760?s=20

Not surprising at all. Ngakoue has a motor that doesn't quit. He'll start hitting the QB more often if the boys in the middle can get it done. Bryan needs to show up this year. Allen could also pose an issue for opponents early as a rookie which could allow Ngakoue to flourish further on his side. 

Can't wait for August 8th. I know they'll barely play but it'll be good to see #91 & #93 out there again.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 07-23-2019, 10:56 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(07-19-2019, 08:48 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(07-18-2019, 03:28 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: If I had to pick one player on the roster whose personality seems most dead set against phoning it in...

It would be Yannick. I don’t think money will change his play a bit.

I’d pick Jalen.

Jalen scares me the most.  I expect him to act more like Antonio Brown, Odell Beckham, and LaVeon Bell ---- give me money, give me more money, what?  Player X just signed a contract? now i need more money.

(This post was last modified: 07-23-2019, 11:36 AM by Kane.)

(07-18-2019, 12:09 PM)Upper Wrote:
(07-18-2019, 10:54 AM)Firesky Wrote: They can move on from Norwell to open up a lot of cap space if he flops again as all the guarantees come off his deal after year 2.

Unfortunately we did not structure Norwell's deal in our typical fashion. If we cut Norwell after this year there is 9M in dead cap.

Yeah there's the dead cap, but the gtd money is all paid up by then. 
It's still very similar to how we've done a lot of contracts.

The 2 year out is there, its just a bigger cap hit than some others. (Had we moved on from Campbell after his 2 yr out, it would have been 5 mil in dead cap Bouye would have been 6)

(07-23-2019, 10:15 AM)Caldrac Wrote:

Not surprising at all. Ngakoue has a motor that doesn't quit. He'll start hitting the QB more often if the boys in the middle can get it done. Bryan needs to show up this year. Allen could also pose an issue for opponents early as a rookie which could allow Ngakoue to flourish further on his side. 

Can't wait for August 8th. I know they'll barely play but it'll be good to see #91 & #93 out there again.

I Concur to all of the above, especially the combination of Ngakoue and Allen.

NH3...
"AZANE"

He's Back.

NH3...
"AZANE"

The fact that Yannick showed up without a new contract speaks volume. I wouldn't worry about him slacking off with a new contract, just my 2 cents

Yannick isn't going to slack off, hes going to prove that someone will give him $20m a year. I'm hopeful we've agreed a deal but will seal it at the season end when we have the cap but someone will pay him, we cant let him hit the market.

But just pay the man. You pay talent in the NFL.

If he leaves, our front office has to go really. Right now its looking like Yannick and Jalen are going to leave. Its seems like the teams don't value what they bring to the table. Look at the production from both of them, how do you not make something happen early. Agree to something and let them they may have to wait because of the cap. It just seems like we have a front office that wants to play tough and might end up losing. Shad might have to step in, cause I believe its more Tom Coughlin that wont budge and still has that stubborn mind..this is crazy

The big thing we need is for our late round picks and young guys to start becoming great to elite standard. You cant spend big in FA at every position.

But Yannick and Jalen are elite, young talent. They have proved they are worthy of big money and sadly the market is crazy right now but those are the players you build around.

Yann should've accepted the offer of 19 Million per/year w/50 Million guaranteed for the next three years. He wants an long term contract offer and 21 Million per/year. If we fail to reach an agreement and he walks, it just won't be the fault of the Jaguars.

Football is an group effort by all personnel.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(This post was last modified: 08-07-2019, 10:30 AM by The Real Marty.)

(08-04-2019, 07:16 PM)D-Money Wrote: If he leaves, our front office has to go really. Right now its looking like Yannick and Jalen are going to leave. Its seems like the teams don't value what they bring to the table. Look at the production from both of them, how do you not make something happen early. Agree to something and let them they may have to wait because of the cap. It just seems like we have a front office that wants to play tough and might end up losing. Shad might have to step in,  cause I believe its more Tom Coughlin that wont budge and still has that stubborn mind..this is crazy

Not until at least two more seasons go by.  The earliest either of them can leave is 2021.

Try to remember, these guys are not free agents.   They are not going anywhere in the near future, even they cannot agree on a new contract.

(This post was last modified: 08-07-2019, 10:40 AM by The Real Marty.)

(08-07-2019, 10:22 AM)NH3 Wrote: Yann should've accepted the offer of 19 Million per/year w/50 Million guaranteed for the next three years. He wants an long term contract offer and 21 Million per/year. If we fail to reach an agreement and he walks, it just won't be the fault of the Jaguars.

Football is an group effort by all personnel.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

We don't know what either side has offered or asked for.  It's all speculation.  But if we assume that the facts are as you allege, then I would totally agree with you and also point out (you probably already know this) something someone else has said in another post somewhere on this message board.  

If Yannick turns down 19 million per year because he wants 21 million per year, then he will be playing for 2 million this year, and passing up 17 million.   Think about the math here.  Turning down 17 million extra for the 2019 season, which is lost forever, because he wants 2 million a year more than the Jaguars are offering.  Does that make any logical sense?  It would take him 9 years of getting that extra 2 million to make up for that lost 17 million.

(07-23-2019, 10:06 AM)Hard_Eight Wrote: [Image: pia3bsg3wml01.jpg]

This is why we need the rep button back

The problem is Yan thinks he's good against the run because the coaches all lie in press conferences about his being good at the run.

He's not. The defense has to make up for the fact that he's turrible against the run and once a tackle gets him he's done.

Every party needs pooper^^

Eeesh
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(08-07-2019, 03:43 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: Every party needs pooper^^

Eeesh

Every guy on that list above and every top DE is excellent against the run or at the very least not a liability.

He is what he is - an incredible pass rusher and a nothing in run defense. He doesn't deserve top 5 DE money