Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
No Discipline for Tyreek Hill

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-19-2019, 10:18 AM)Rico Wrote: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2722...use-claims

I knew it.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Well, they didn't have enough evidence.

They've literally suspended guys with zero evidence on much less severe crimes

So the kids arm was broken, no ones denying that, Hill already pleaded guilty but now they cant determine who broke the arm so everyone walks away free.

What a joke. It's the way 'justice' works now. It only matters who you are now, not what you did.

Wonder how many nfl DBs will be gunning for him a little harder this year.

(07-19-2019, 12:25 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Wonder how many nfl DBs will be gunning for him a little harder this year.

None. Because you'll have to catch him first. Which is rare. Playing with anger will only lead to mistakes, miscues, etc. The justice system failed here. Maybe the rest of the good guys in the NFL should be gunning for them instead due to their lack luster stance in this case. 

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Did AP get suspended for his use of a switch?

(07-19-2019, 12:41 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Did AP get suspended for his use of a switch?

He got suspended for an entire year in 2014 without pay. I had heard it from someone though that he had hit his four year old son so hard that he actually split open a mark on is genitals. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...rest-of-14

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(07-19-2019, 12:13 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: So the kids arm was broken, no ones denying that, Hill already pleaded guilty but now they cant determine who broke the arm so everyone walks away free.

What a joke. It's the way 'justice' works now. It only matters who you are now, not what you did.

He never plead guilty to hurting the child.

Who knows whether he did it or not. None of us were there.. I'm not denying the fact that this guy could be a bad dude, but why waste time on hypotheticals. Let the man play, if he's truly a bad guy he will expose himself sooner or later.

There have been players suspended for less.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(07-19-2019, 12:25 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Wonder how many nfl DBs will be gunning for him a little harder this year.

Most will be faking knee injuries when Tyreek comes to town

They have the man on tape, threatening a woman! How is that alone, not enough for a suspension?

Unfortunately, this type of issue doesn’t even phase me when it comes to the NFL. It seems common place to have domestic violence in the NFL.

This will help Mahomes and of course we play them week 1.

(07-19-2019, 04:09 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: They have the man on tape, threatening a woman! How is that alone, not enough for a suspension?

Maybe you'd have better luck with women if you did the same.

(07-19-2019, 01:43 PM)Predator Wrote:
(07-19-2019, 12:13 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: So the kids arm was broken, no ones denying that, Hill already pleaded guilty but now they cant determine who broke the arm so everyone walks away free.

He never plead guilty to hurting the child.

No you are right, the guilty plea was for 2014 when he choked his girlfriend when she was pregnant.

Oh well he can run really fast so it's all ok!

I thought the recording of him threatening his fiancee would be enough to earn him a few games off.

Oh well...

Here's Vito's take on it:

Quote:I actually thought Goodell did the right thing because the prosecutors decided not to file charges, saying they couldn’t determine whether Hill or his fiancée abused their three-year-old son. Both said they used hands to spank him and belts to whip him but denied abusing him.

I think the NFL should let law enforcement decide whether to charge players. If they aren’t convicted of a crime, I don’t think the NFL should discipline the players.

Instead, they decided to have Hill undergo clinical evaluation and therapeutic intervention, which is obviously a good idea since Hill seems to have anger issues. Hill will benefit from that more than he will from being suspended and/or fined.

https://vitostellino.com/2019/07/22/not-...#more-2811

(07-22-2019, 10:21 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I thought the recording of him threatening his fiancee would be enough to earn him a few games off.

Oh well...

Here's Vito's take on it:

Quote:I actually thought Goodell did the right thing because the prosecutors decided not to file charges, saying they couldn’t determine whether Hill or his fiancée abused their three-year-old son. Both said they used hands to spank him and belts to whip him but denied abusing him.

I think the NFL should let law enforcement decide whether to charge players. If they aren’t convicted of a crime, I don’t think the NFL should discipline the players.

Instead, they decided to have Hill undergo clinical evaluation and therapeutic intervention, which is obviously a good idea since Hill seems to have anger issues. Hill will benefit from that more than he will from being suspended and/or fined.

https://vitostellino.com/2019/07/22/not-...#more-2811

I like the idea of clinical evaluation and therapeutic intervention. We brush off mental disorders and anger issues in this Country entirely too much. I also still believe that he certainly should have received some type of suspension for the recording alone. 

Just two years ago the NFL suspended Ezekiel Elliot of the Cowgirls for SIX games after the NFL investigated for over a year regarding reports of domestic violence between him and a former girlfriend or former girlfriends. He was NEVER charged with a crime. 

But, this is the NFL we're talking about here. They've yet to show any proven consistency with disciplinary actions under Goodell's leadership.

The NFL doesn't need to care about the justice system.

They have their own Conduct Policy that was created to protect the brand of the NFL.

If they want to be known as the League of Child Abusers and Deniers then let them.