Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2019 Training Camp (Updates)

The dates for this year's training camp have been published. There will be at least seven practices open to the public. Anyone register to attend yet? FBT, are you going to have the opportunity to dig deep into it this year?

Thursday, July 25: 8:45 a.m. – 11:40 a.m.
Friday, July 26: 8:45 a.m. – 11:40 a.m.
Saturday, July 27: 8:45 a.m. – 11:40 a.m. (Open exclusively to Jags 365 Season Ticket Members)
Sunday, July 28: 8:45 a.m. – 11:40 a.m.
Tuesday, July 30: 8:45 a.m. – 11:40 a.m.
Wednesday, July 31: 8:45 a.m. – 11:40 a.m.
Thursday, August 1: 8:45 a.m. – 11:40 a.m.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 07-20-2019, 09:30 AM by Brett.)

Just wanted to say as an out of state fan (Nashville here), I appreciate those of you that go and type up your analysis, etc. It's super helpful and very much appreciated.

I don't see any information about it yet, but I guess there will ultimately be a family night scrimmage game, date to be determined? I hope so, as I plan on trying to get autographs with my son. I had missed getting the autographs the past few years... finally llu learned that I have to bring my own memorabilia to the stadium to get signed.

(07-20-2019, 09:52 AM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: I don't see any information about it yet, but I guess there will ultimately be a family night scrimmage game, date to be determined? I hope so, as I plan on trying to get autographs with my son. I had missed getting the autographs the past few years... finally llu learned that I have to bring my own memorabilia to the stadium to get signed.

I think they have done away with the in-stadium scrimmage.  I'm pretty sure they are not having it this year.

Rookies report today  Banana

Yay!

Finally!

lots of questions to be answered this camp
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

I was happy to see that training camp practices were pretty much all starting at 8:45am. Last year they were all starting at 10:30am... I used to run a cart path on an abandoned golf course quite a bit in years past, and if it ever got past 11:30am on a Saturday in the Summer heat, forget it. There was no way I was able to push myself at all.
I imagine ultimately it made the team stronger in the September regular season games. But I also imagine that by the time the players could have gotten used to going full speed in that kind of heat, a lot of practice time was wasted.

(07-22-2019, 12:21 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: lots of questions to be answered this camp
  • Is Cam going to come back strong from injury?
  • Is Harrison really going to be the predominant free safety?
  • Is Wilson ready for the starting SS role?
  • Is Oliver going to contribute meaningfully as a rookie?

(07-22-2019, 01:00 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(07-22-2019, 12:21 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: lots of questions to be answered this camp
  • Is Cam going to come back strong from injury?
  • Is Harrison really going to be the predominant free safety?
  • Is Wilson ready for the starting SS role?
  • Is Oliver going to contribute meaningfully as a rookie?

For me, I'm looking at the basics...
- Is the O-line healthy and pushing?
- Is the LB group going to gel? Who is the LB group?
- What's the QB and receivers looking like?
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Training camp questions for me this year...

After last season, injuries happen. How is the depth behind the OL starters?
Similarly, can Minshew handle backup duty or do they need to acquire a journeyman from camp cuts?
What impact will Foles have on the overall effectiveness of the offense?
Can a TE emerge as a true passing weapon for Foles?
Can the LB group play effectively?

As Wilson and Harrison played well last year, I personally don't have a large question at starting safeties. I am really looking forward to seeing Josh Allen playing opposite Ngakoue on passing downs.

(07-22-2019, 04:16 AM)Eric1 Wrote: Rookies report today  Banana

It's happening!!!

I'm not so much looking at "questions" to be answered in training camp.  I would much rather see how the first few pre-season games shake out.  I don't really care about the score of the games as much as I care about how certain players look, mainly the rookies and 2nd year players.

Pre-season games are basically "scrimmages" with no real game plan and pretty much "vanilla" schemes.  The first two pre-season games are basically a "warm-up" for some veterans, especially since a new offensive system is being installed.  The reps that the "ones" get in those games both offensively and defensively is probably going to be with backups and prospects at certain positions.

The third pre-season game might give us a glimpse as far as what the final roster might look like.

The final pre-season game has been and always will be an audition for players that are probably going to be cut.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 07-22-2019, 04:28 PM by knarnn.)

https://twitter.com/johnoehser/status/11...52928?s=21

https://twitter.com/phillip_heilman/stat...25088?s=21

https://twitter.com/phillip_heilman/stat...81957?s=21
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Woods... Bizarre... How do you retire from something when you haven't done it yet?

(07-22-2019, 04:29 PM)scottyg Wrote: Woods... Bizarre...  How do you retire from something when you haven't done it yet?

This too was my first sentiments. Somebody has some splaining to do in my Lucile Ball voice...

NH3...
"AZANE"

(This post was last modified: 07-22-2019, 05:06 PM by JagsFansince1995.)

That just sounds dumb. I have no idea what would make a professional athlete retire from turf toe, unless he was just doubting he would make the final 53 and didnt want to risk making it worse. If he felt like he would never make the cut then i guess, but you havent even tried yet. Well bullet dodged, because with that mentality, he wouldnt have made the cut anyway.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

The biggest question:

What version of Fournette are we going to see and will he stay healthy? This offense is still going to be a run first offense. If Fournette returns to early 2017 form we are golden. If the 2018 Fournette shows up or misses many games again this team is in a ton of trouble.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]