Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2019 Training Camp (Updates)

(07-24-2019, 10:51 AM)rfc17 Wrote: What a clown
(07-24-2019, 04:39 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I was pretty much unimpressed with his "grand entrance" to the stadium, but the way I see it let kids be kids.  He's having fun and enjoying life.  Let him be.
(07-24-2019, 05:26 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: Maybe it's all satire with Jalen, like a football version of Spinal Tap or Steel Panther. Either way, who cares?
(07-24-2019, 06:57 PM)Jags Wrote: [BLEEP] Jackass. Show up with class. You’re amongst your teammates. Save the trash for the opponent if that’s your game. I love that he’s on the Jags, but that’s it. On another team, I probably hate the dude.
To me this was incredibly cheap looking. So bad that it appeared to me that he was only doing it for his Adidas sponsorship. He just likes his Adidas shirt and bag that he carries it around with his who knows how expensive women's bag that he always has. Yeah he really wasn't doing this because someone paid him.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

With all of the speculation about Harrison as a FS or SS in this defense, Marrone verified what a few of us have been speculating for a couple of months now.

Harrison and Wilson will be used interchangeably as the team feels comfortable in both of their abilities at each spot.
Wash has long claimed a desire to disguise coverages by moving safeties around pre/post-snap, but he hasn't really employed it often. If Marrone's comments hold up through camp/preseason, we may finally see it in action come September.

At the 14:00 minute mark of this vid, Marrone lays it out:

https://www.jaguars.com/video/marrone-lo...-practices

(This post was last modified: 07-25-2019, 07:20 PM by Bullseye.)

https://www.jaguars.com/news/first-off-t...ay-1-x5615

Okay...Josh Allen only did individual drills.

Ryquell Armstead is fine.  Apparently there was some sort of misdiagnosis.

Jack apparently had....digestive issues.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Jake Ryan had some sort of setback during his time away from the team.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(07-25-2019, 07:54 PM)knarnn Wrote: Jake Ryan had some sort of setback during his time away from the team.

Thats disappointing.  He could be a real big help at LB.

With Jalen. That's just Jalen being Jalen. Are the TV talking heads showing the clip? Has Twitter had a surge? Then that's what he was aiming for. I'm not a huge fan of it but he has taken a step back compared to last preseason. Hes a stud CB tho, hes going to have some swagger. 

I always wonder what we would think of sports legends if Twitter had been about. imagine Ali on it, or Ditka.

Interview from today's practice with Marcell Dareus 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kD6jAcs...e=youtu.be

(07-25-2019, 08:54 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Interview from today's practice with Marcell Dareus 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kD6jAcs...e=youtu.be

LOL at Bryan @ 18 seconds

Austin Lane sighting!

(This post was last modified: 07-26-2019, 11:05 AM by Bullseye.)

Foles deep to Conley.

https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/11547...87265?s=20

https://twitter.com/GeneFrenette/status/...01729?s=20

Little tid bit....To be expected this early but starting defense got removed from the field by Marrone because the offense was getting lit up! The few catch clips being shown don't tell the story. Hopefully, no 5 interception day will come or this board may meltdown!
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

https://twitter.com/BCBCouch/status/1154...47552?s=20

(07-26-2019, 11:56 AM)B2hibry Wrote: Little tid bit....To be expected this early but starting defense got removed from the field by Marrone because the offense was getting lit up! The few catch clips being shown don't tell the story. Hopefully, no 5 interception day will come or this board may meltdown!

I'm sure the anti-Foles crew will make a big deal out of days like this but there are a few things to consider here:

- Foles said he'd thrown the ball twice since the Spring OTAs and was going to be getting his accuracy back over the next few days of practice. 

- It's a new offense.   It is not a new defense. 

- It's a REALLY good defense.

(07-26-2019, 12:02 PM)Bullseye Wrote: https://twitter.com/BCBCouch/status/1154...47552?s=20

Looks like good coverage broke it up and batted the ball away for a pick. Good tip drill! 

I don't mind seeing the QB throw those during practice. I don't like seeing the telegraphed picks for sure though.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(07-26-2019, 12:09 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(07-26-2019, 11:56 AM)B2hibry Wrote: Little tid bit....To be expected this early but starting defense got removed from the field by Marrone because the offense was getting lit up! The few catch clips being shown don't tell the story. Hopefully, no 5 interception day will come or this board may meltdown!

I'm sure the anti-Foles crew will make a big deal out of days like this but there are a few things to consider here:

- Foles said he'd thrown the ball twice since the Spring OTAs and was going to be getting his accuracy back over the next few days of practice. 

Even missing one of it's better pieces
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

The offense definately has to play catch-up, but I'm confident in this process.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(07-26-2019, 12:09 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

I think the only red flag is he said he's only thrown twice.

Seriously? Our savior isn't practicing every day?

(07-26-2019, 12:31 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(07-26-2019, 12:09 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I'm sure the anti-Foles crew will make a big deal out of days like this but there are a few things to consider here:

I think the only red flag is he said he's only thrown twice.

Watch his presser from yesterday. He explains it.  He takes a few weeks off every year between OTAs and camp and feels the time away is good for him. Part of his established routine. 

At least he doesn't have to run to LA and get coached up for three weeks in order to come back and look like he's desperately cobbling together some semblance of a shortened release and passable footwork.

(07-26-2019, 12:34 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(07-26-2019, 12:31 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: I think the only red flag is he said he's only thrown twice.

Watch his presser from yesterday. He explains it.  He takes a few weeks off every year between OTAs and camp and feels the time away is good for him. Part of his established routine. 

At least he doesn't have to run to LA and get coached up for three weeks in order to come back and look like he's desperately cobbling together some semblance of a shortened release and passable footwork.

Thank you. Every player has their approach to the off season. At least he's not fixing his fundamentals every off season since he's a natural thrower of the football. Bortles doesn't have to travel anywhere during the off season now though since he plays for the Rams. Good for him I guess.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I'm definitely ok with Nick Foles throwing some interceptions in Training Camp. Just because I'm so glad it's not Bortles anymore at QB.

(This post was last modified: 07-26-2019, 02:34 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

(07-26-2019, 12:31 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: I think the only red flag is he said he's only thrown twice.

I was trying to be bit tongue-in-cheek..

No one thinks he's the savior anyway.

to be fair... he's never been healthy an entire season.

Maybe he needs to rethink this routine cause it hasn't worked so far.