Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Nate Davis (USA Today) record predictions

He has the colts winning the division and the Jags winning a wildcard spot. 

https://twitter.com/ByNateDavis/status/1...13888?s=20

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 07-22-2019, 11:17 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

I'll take it.  Based on the above, we'd be the #6 seed playing @ Steelers or @ Patriots in round 1 of the playoffs.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing the Chargers win the SB either if the Jags or Steelers don't get there.  New blood is kind of nice.

I'll keep the comments to AFC South, but a lot of reaches on that list.

Including a 6 win Houston team. Guess someone has to come in last, and everyone seems to think the colts had a rocking draft, the Jags got better at QB, and Tennessee should at least stand pat. But I'm figuring that Houston goes at least 3-3 in division, which puts them 3-10 otherwise. Can't say I buy that...

(07-22-2019, 11:32 AM)anonymous2112 Wrote: I'll keep the comments to AFC South, but a lot of reaches on that list.

Including a 6 win Houston team.  Guess someone has to come in last, and everyone seems to think the colts had a rocking draft, the Jags got better at QB, and Tennessee should at least stand pat. But I'm figuring that Houston goes at least 3-3 in division, which puts them 3-10 otherwise.  Can't say I buy that...

If you follow the link to the accompanying article, Davis hashes out some thoughts for each team's record prediction. 
(he also makes clear his expectation that he'll be wrong on several teams inevitably)

His point on the tinhorns is a good one.  AFCS teams will face some very good pass rushes this season outside of their division. Houston's o-line gave up tons of sacks last year, and it's hard to feel they've done enough to really repair that.

(This post was last modified: 07-24-2019, 09:24 PM by Bullseye.)

(07-22-2019, 11:16 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I'll take it.  Based on the above, we'd be the #6 seed playing @ Steelers or @ Patriots in round 1 of the playoffs.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing the Chargers win the SB either if the Jags or Steelers don't get there.  New blood is kind of nice.

I want the Jaguars to finish off the Steelers and Patriots once and for all.  I could see the Chargers winning the AFC, though their home field disadvantage could hurt them.

With Tyreek Hill and Hardman, the Chiefs offer offensive matchup problems for days.

(07-22-2019, 11:32 AM)anonymous2112 Wrote: I'll keep the comments to AFC South, but a lot of reaches on that list.

Including a 6 win Houston team.  Guess someone has to come in last, and everyone seems to think the colts had a rocking draft, the Jags got better at QB, and Tennessee should at least stand pat. But I'm figuring that Houston goes at least 3-3 in division, which puts them 3-10 otherwise.  Can't say I buy that...

A 6-10 record for Houston would be catastrophic failure for them and would have to cost O'Brien his job.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Unless Watson gets hurt they aren't finishing 6-10..

As far as the offensive line goes.. nobody knows how the line will do this year, including the guy who wrote that article, because it's a completely new starting line (4 of the 5 starters will be different this year.) I have to see how they play first.

Sorry, but I just can't see the Titans finishing 9-7 this season with Mariota at QB. Surely they won't have their yearly dominance over the Jags with Foles at QB.

(07-30-2019, 10:20 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: Unless Watson gets hurt they aren't finishing 6-10..

As far as the offensive line goes.. nobody knows how the line will do this year, including the guy who wrote that article, because it's a completely new starting line (4 of the 5 starters will be different this year.) I have to see how they play first.

Sorry, but I just can't see the Titans finishing 9-7 this season with Mariota at QB. Surely they won't have their yearly dominance over the Jags with Foles at QB.

An injury to Hopkins would severely stunt the offense, and Clowney making a business decision to not show up until November would hurt, too.

Really though if the Jaguars recover from their meltdown last year they probably sweep Houston again, and the colts not making a boneheaded overtime decision would pull the Houston back to a .500 record. It's not hard to imagine an extra two loses with a couple of injuries to important players.

Bumping this due to the Texans winning the division today. Congrats to the poster formerly known as "Carrbombed", and all Texan fans everywhere.

Usually a bit fun to look back, and realize the experts get it wrong too. In the case of the AFC South, this guy may have gotten the order exactly reversed, depending on what happens the last couple games.

Loving the SB champion Chargers on this one...

Congrats on the division win watt. I really thought crablegs winston was gonna do us tacks a solid. Your texans finished the game with some key injuries. Maybe they'll get some rest next wk.
Good luck in the playoffs.
[Image: incredulous.gif]

Houston received a lot of luck early in the season with the sudden retirement of Luck, the injury to Foles, and the fact Mahommes was not 100% when they played. However I am very happy they where able to go toe to toe with the Saints and bring it to overtime as well as beat the Chiefs and the Patriots. Losses to the Broncos and Panthers is what has to keep me humble come playoffs. This team is Jekyll and Hyde.

Grats to the Titans and Jaguars. You both got MUCH better play out of your back up QB's than I would have ever dreamed possible. Next year is going to be interesting.