Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Welp...looks like a holdout.

https://nfltraderumors.co/jaguars-de-yan...dzBMTyM87A

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Florio:

Quote:Per a source with knowledge of the situation, contract talks between the Jaguars and defensive end Yannick Ngakoue have broken down, making a training-camp holdout likely.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...-hold-out/

Maybe it's legit, maybe not, but I really hope they can find a way to pay him handsomely.

(07-23-2019, 06:53 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Florio:

Quote:Per a source with knowledge of the situation, contract talks between the Jaguars and defensive end Yannick Ngakoue have broken down, making a training-camp holdout likely.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...-hold-out/

Maybe it's legit, maybe not, but I really hope they can find a way to pay him handsomely.

If a holdout happens, hopefully it won't last long.  Isn't there a thing where if Telvin doesn't report for five days, the team can file paperwork to get cap space back?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

This front office is really trying to piss me off  Wallbash

They better stop messing around. Yan is a huge part of this defense.

Half sack away from 30 sacks in 3 years. Think about that. It’s more than any other player in the league, over that span.

They better not mess this up.

Where are the two sides butting heads? Market value?

Do what Belichick would do, trade him.

(This post was last modified: 07-23-2019, 07:46 PM by knarnn.)

Well at least they were negotiating....

I think I read somewhere that Yannick has until the 2nd week of August to report in order to be able to accrue a year towards FA eligibility. I wouldn’t worry too much about this yet. Deadlines have a way to bring people back to the table.

Plus, at least you know Yannick is staying in shape. He’s constantly posting workout vids on his social media accounts.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(07-23-2019, 07:45 PM)knarnn Wrote: Well at least they were negotiating....

I think I read somewhere that Yannick has until the 2nd week of August to report in order to be able to accrue a year towards FA eligibility. I wouldn’t worry too much about this yet. Deadlines have a way to bring people back to the table.

Plus, at least you know Yannick is staying in shape. He’s constantly posting workout vids on his social media accounts.

August 6th is the date I believe, IIRC.

I remember reading about it when people were talking about the possibility of Zeke holding out.

Regardless, I simply don't understand how this front office can throw money at Bortles saying "he earned it". Then throw a bunch of money at Foles... Only to play hardball with one of the best Pass Rushers in this league and the best young Pass Rusher this franchise has ever had... You know, somebody who has actually "earned it"...  Wallbash

(07-23-2019, 08:41 PM)Eric1 Wrote:

I remember reading about it when people were talking about the possibility of Zeke holding out.

Regardless, I simply don't understand how this front office can throw money at Bortles saying "he earned it". Then throw a bunch of money at Foles... Only to play hardball with one of the best Pass Rushers in this league and the best young Pass Rusher this franchise has ever had... You know, somebody who has actually "earned it"...  Wallbash

Yeah....I mean seriously????? What in the world are they thinking?

Give money to Bottles and not pay your defensive stud. I just don’t get it.

Pretty sure he just has to play more than half a year for the season to count....soooo week 7.

Holdouts suck worse than hamstrings. Lol.

This guy thinks he is top 3 DE, and he is probably asking for that.

Sorry Yannick but you are not even a top 10 pass rusher in the NFL.

(07-23-2019, 08:41 PM)Eric1 Wrote:

Cap matters and QBs earn more, plus there was no one else. Bad decision but they had to have a QB.

DE is a higher paid position, but you also have to keep the cap in mind. They probably are waiting for Smith to not report and then to finish the deal. If he truly wants to be paid the highest, then he won't get it and will need to play his contract out. If he wants security for this season, he has to take some off the top to cover the risk he regresses.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

(07-23-2019, 10:51 PM)surfon Wrote: Pretty sure he just has to play more than half a year for the season to count....soooo week 7.

Holdouts suck worse than hamstrings.  Lol.

I'm not sure if that's the case here. For example...

https://twitter.com/CharlesRobinson/stat...3867746304

Now obviously the Cowboys picked up Zeke's 5th year option (something Ngakoue doesn't have), which changes some things, but I think the same guidelines apply as far as the accrued 4th season/unrestricted FA goes.

(07-24-2019, 12:10 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(07-23-2019, 08:41 PM)Eric1 Wrote: August 6th is the date I believe, IIRC.

Cap matters and QBs earn more, plus there was no one else. Bad decision but they had to have a QB.

DE is a higher paid position, but you also have to keep the cap in mind. They probably are waiting for Smith to not report and then to finish the deal. If he truly wants to be paid the highest, then he won't get it and will need to play his contract out. If he wants security for this season, he has to take some off the top to cover the risk he regresses.

Cap space really doesn't mean jack [BLEEP] at the end of the day. There's plenty of stuff out there that shows you how easy it is for teams to move around money and work deals to fit the "cap limit". Front loading contracts, back loading contracts, giving big chunks as signing bonuses etc etc etc. Plenty of info out there on that.

This front office is likely just low balling him like they did Allen Robinson.

(07-24-2019, 12:22 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(07-24-2019, 12:10 AM)p_rushing Wrote: Cap matters and QBs earn more, plus there was no one else. Bad decision but they had to have a QB.

Cap space really doesn't mean jack [BLEEP] at the end of the day. There's plenty of stuff out there that shows you how easy it is for teams to move around money and work deals to fit the "cap limit". Front loading contracts, back loading contracts, giving big chunks as signing bonuses etc etc etc. Plenty of info out there on that.

Said anyone who doesn't care about winning and would rather the team suffer to pay 1 player.

The reason TC got fired is because he back loaded contracts and the team was dead for almost a decade because of it.

Either he waits 1 week for the cap space to open up and takes a discount for getting a new deal 1 year early or plays and hopes he keeps his performance up.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Still think he'll get signed

It is time to do away with multi-year contracts. If players can't honor the contracts they sign, what is the use of them? Look at the definition of the word contract. It is pretty clear.

He should have performed better in college and got drafted higher. Honor your contract man.

(07-24-2019, 07:45 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: It is time to do away with multi-year contracts. If players can't honor the contracts they sign, what is the use of them? Look at the definition of the word contract. It is pretty clear.

He should have performed better in college and got drafted higher. Honor your contract man.

And the team can cut or trade him at anytime. It works both ways. It’s about the money for these players, they are putting their body on the line and trying to maximize their earnings in as little time as possible, because as mentioned above, loyalty from the team can be sparse sometimes. 

I don’t like it, but it’s the reality. And as others pointed out above, the FO was happy to throw money to Bortles. Pay the man

(07-24-2019, 12:22 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(07-24-2019, 12:10 AM)p_rushing Wrote: Cap matters and QBs earn more, plus there was no one else. Bad decision but they had to have a QB.

First off, the salary cap means everything when an team has said amount of money to spend on said number of players. Second, the Jaguars Did Not "Low Ball" A-Rob. We actually offered him more money to stay in Jacksonville than Chicago is paying him at this moment. We had an Very successful draft class and we now know that it's going to be near impossible to retain Yannick, Jack, Ramsey, Bouye and Campbell w/respect to the existing salary cap. 

We can't retain all of the said players while maintaining our existing salary cap. I know that I wouldn't overspend on my home budget knowing that I don't have the money to cover the expenses. Would You?

I truly want Yannick in place at the start of training camp but it's out of everyone's control except the Jaguars and Yannick. He simply may be asking for too much money. 

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"