Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
ESPN ranks each team's position groups; it's bad.

(This post was last modified: 07-31-2019, 04:38 PM by Rockman1966.)

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_...group-1-32

CBs and DEs #2.  DL #13. S, TE, RB, WR, QB all at or near #32.  Is this truly an accurate, fair ranking from what we all know is a biased ESPN?

Overall team ranking #25. They didn't rank Ks which would have helped....

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

5-11

Seems pretty fair.
A lot of questions need to be answered before an argument could be made challenging those rankings.

Offseason rankings are shots in the dark based on incomplete information and speculation.

The Jags have a high number of unknown quantities at a number of position groups, so "analysts" are apt to rank them poorly.

Means essentially nothing as far as what we'll see in September.

Back to the media of ignoring and overlooking us again. 

Last summer they loved us, this summer its the Colts. It'll be someone else next year.

Outside of CB and DE we have no position with recognizable star power. Our QB is fairly well known but a lot of people still think his success was the result of the team rather than his talent and most of our starters have major question marks on them.

And of course, there's the most important matter: Jacksonville is a tiny market and no one outside of us is going to care if a writer doesn't do their research, so they don't.

(07-31-2019, 05:11 PM)DragonFury Wrote: Outside of CB and DE we have no position with recognizable star power. Our QB is fairly well known but a lot of people still think his success was the result of the team rather than his talent and most of our starters have major question marks on them.

And of course, there's the most important matter: Jacksonville is a tiny market and no one outside of us is going to care if a writer doesn't do their research, so they don't.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

That’s great news, the more this team is doubted the better. This team needs to just play football like 2 years ago. Keep the national expectations low and locker room expectations high.

(This post was last modified: 07-31-2019, 06:15 PM by JagFanatic24.)

If Fournette can rush for about 1400 yards this year ALLLL of that ranking stuff changes.

Rankings don't mean squat until a game or more is played. These early rankings are pointless; especially by ESPN lol
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Welp, another top 5 pick in 2020.

The WRs are going to shock people - last year, bad QB, depleted OL, no running game. Can't expect miracles in that situation.

Modis Building time

(07-31-2019, 08:59 PM)anonymous2112 Wrote: Modis Building time

Here's me contemplating jumping off the Sunshine Skyway Bridge after reading this psyche shattering ESPN list.

[Image: 190603.jpg]

Some ESPN hack intern made this list while taking a dump in the restroom.

I think in some areas this list may be right. But overrule I have absolutely zero respect for ESPN writing and find it is usually just horrendous, so I’m not overly worried.

(07-31-2019, 04:31 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote: https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_...group-1-32

CBs and DEs #2.  DL #13. S, TE, RB, WR, QB all at or near #32.  Is this truly an accurate, fair ranking from what we all know is a biased ESPN?

DL # 13???  

QB # 32???

(08-01-2019, 06:12 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(07-31-2019, 04:31 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote: https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_...group-1-32

DL # 13???  

QB # 32???

Rush Ends were #2.  Interior DL was #13.  QBs #28, which is near #32.

(This post was last modified: 08-01-2019, 09:44 AM by Kane.)

Something about poop and a wall and sticking.......

If I remove my teal colored glasses...
DL on the whole should be way higher. S isn't getting enough love (surprise)
CBs imo are 1 or 2.
LB and WR should be lower until proving something
but our healthy OL is/was actually pretty damn good... Bortles and injuries caused a lot more issues than necessary.

There are teams who don't even know who their starting QB is... and if they do, they're eyeballing the rookies next year.
We should be 14-16 in QB at worst IMO.

whatever though... they got ya'll to click on it and spread the virus to our message board.
I wouldn't get too upset over it. Perception rarely ever meets reality, especially in the off season.

(08-01-2019, 09:43 AM)Kane Wrote: Something about poop and a wall and sticking.......

If I remove my teal colored glasses...
DL on the whole should be way higher. S isn't getting enough love (surprise)
CBs imo are 1 or 2.
LB and WR should be lower until proving something
but our healthy OL is/was actually pretty damn good... Bortles and injuries caused a lot more issues than necessary.

There are teams who don't even know who their starting QB is... and if they do, they're eyeballing the rookies next year.
We should be 14-16 in QB at worst IMO.

whatever though... they got ya'll to click on it and spread the virus to our message board.
I wouldn't get too upset over it. Perception rarely ever meets reality, especially in the off season.
Personally, I won't even give ESPN a thread on the forum they don't deserve one minute of our attention.  Can't comment any further or I will give them more time then they deserve.

(08-01-2019, 06:12 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

DL # 13???  

QB # 32???

It's some idiot who didn't know that Blake got released and that Fowler got traded, not Yan, Campbell, Dareus, Jones, etc etc.
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!