Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Your favorite bike as a kid (Huffy Sonic 6)

(This post was last modified: 07-31-2019, 06:52 PM by JagFanatic24.)

Does anyone remember the Huffy Sonic 6

I was at the flea market about 6 months ago and bought my son one for $50

He always wants me to go riding with him, so I jumped online and found another one in Georgia for $200, so of course I had to make the trip and pick it up.

Both bikes are still working perfect today. I think they were made in 1989/1990? I’m not sure.

I was born in 82 so I remember the first time I saw one. I immediately went to beg my dad for one but never got it.

Anybody remember these gems?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 07-31-2019, 07:11 PM by Jags.)

I remember having to save up for a “Dyno” when I was little. I loved it.   Having said that, I just got a couple 3G 7spd beach cruisers for the wife and I.  Those are bad [BLEEP] and I love it. I too was born in that year, but I don’t remember that specific bike.

Can't remember the Brand but it was a Purple Bike with a purple banana seat
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

Mine was a Murray BMX. Similar to this....

[Image: 20170210_131929__01099.1488566476.jpg?c=2&imbypass=on]

(07-31-2019, 08:23 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: Mine was a Murray BMX. Similar to this....

[Image: 20170210_131929__01099.1488566476.jpg?c=2&imbypass=on]

I had one very similar to this too. It had so much chrome. My wheels were chrome as well.

Man the late 80s and early 90s was the best time in the world. 

Riding bikes after school and ghost riding off hills. Lol

A black and yellow Huffy BMX. It was in the early 80's. I might still have it at my parents place, but I bet it's all rusted out.

(07-31-2019, 09:42 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: A black and yellow Huffy BMX. It was in the early 80's. I might still have it at my parents place, but I bet it's all rusted out.

BMX was the thing back in those times.

BMX here too like the one above. I learned how to pack bearings and stuff riding it in the ditches and stuff. Eventually repainted it.

Always wanted a Mongoose..
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(07-31-2019, 07:13 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Can't remember the Brand but it was a Purple Bike with a purple banana seat

Same here as far as a bike with a banana seat (mine was green with a white seat).  Many members on here probably don't know what that is.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Is that like a banana hammock?Banana
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(This post was last modified: 08-01-2019, 04:37 PM by Caldrac.)

This bad boy back in the day. 1994 Huffy Mountain Bike. 

[Image: s-l225.jpg]
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I cobbled mine together from pieces people gave me. No clue what the frame was but it had plastic rims lol.

(08-01-2019, 04:28 PM)Caldrac Wrote: This bad boy back in the day. 1994 Huffy Mountain Bike. 

[Image: s-l225.jpg]

Oh snap! Bro I had the exact same bike in the mid 90s!

Mine was red and I think it had 7 speeds. To this day, I have no idea what happened to it.

@the poster above....I also had bikes like that. I would find a frame and throw some wheels on it and a chain. I painted them different colors too.

Favorite I actually had... Western Flyer bmx. Favorite because only. It lasted forever.

Favorite that I always wanted...

Haro Master Freestyler... green and blue
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Chrome bike with butterfly handlebars and white banana seat.  Classic bike from the late 60's/early 70's
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2019, 12:32 AM by WingerDinger.)

The Green Machine

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2019, 09:03 AM by RicoTx.)

I got a Tour de France racing bike (which was an expensive bike at the time) that got stolen a week after I got it for my birthday.

I found out about ten years later that it was my younger brother that had stolen it and traded it for drugs.

Not necessarily my favorite bike, but an interesting anecdote nonetheless.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Bicycles?? We didn’t have bicycles! We walked everywhere. Barefoot! On broken glass! Uphill in every direction! And we were happy!

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2019, 09:30 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

My mid-70's bike was something more like this .... 

[Image: d42a52c2d6b5a56d97a118b5dd5f99bb--moped-ask-me.jpg]