Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Josh Oliver out with "significant" hamstring injury

https://twitter.com/phillip_heilman/stat...7233732609

Not good, one of the worst TE groups in the league got weaker

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Lost season here we come.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 08-02-2019, 08:29 AM by irontrooper83.)

Sounds serious the way Marrone worded it especially in the Di Rocco tweet. It really sucks.

Manning at practice and 2 potential starters injured, run him out of town like...yesterday.

I guess this opens up an opportunity to get more reps for Charles Jones who is a complete unknown to me but that Marrone brought up a few times yesterday. Him and Koyack will battle it out for a roster spot probably.

Why....WHY can't this team have nice things for more than a season?!

Seriously though, this sucks.

(This post was last modified: 08-02-2019, 08:50 AM by homebiscuit.)

Significant hammy? He's done for the year. Nothing is more persistent than a hamstring injury unless it's allowed to rest for a very long time.

(08-02-2019, 08:37 AM)Nikowho Wrote: Why....WHY can't this team have nice things for more than a season?!

Meh. I haven't looked at the injury reports for other teams, but I'm sure many others are dealing with the same thing.

Welp, 2018 season all over again.

Sigh.

Shaking my head in dismay.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 08-02-2019, 09:20 AM by JagsFansince1995.)

We have a better QB, that is all that matters.  Defense is still looking to return to dominant form and the running game should be back in full swing.  IF foles can make it work with our receivers then we should be fine.  I wanted TJ, but we drafted Allen, most say that DE is more important so if he shines then the loss at TE shouldnt mean that much.  I hope the fans are right about this one and we dont miss a beat.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(08-02-2019, 09:15 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: We have a better QB, that is all that matters.  Defense is still looking to return to dominant form and the running game should be back in full swing.  IF foles can make it work with our receivers then we should be fine.  I wanted TJ, but we drafted Allen, most say that DE is more important so if he shines then the loss of TE shouldnt mean that much.  I hope the fans are right about this one and we dont miss a beat.

I agree but the problem for me is Foles needs as much help as possible on offense, and then some. Yes, he is still a rookie but still unfortunate.

(08-02-2019, 09:19 AM)Brett Wrote:
(08-02-2019, 09:15 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: We have a better QB, that is all that matters.  Defense is still looking to return to dominant form and the running game should be back in full swing.  IF foles can make it work with our receivers then we should be fine.  I wanted TJ, but we drafted Allen, most say that DE is more important so if he shines then the loss of TE shouldnt mean that much.  I hope the fans are right about this one and we dont miss a beat.

I agree but the problem for me is Foles needs as much help as possible on offense, and then some. Yes, he is still a rookie but still unfortunate.
If Foles is as advertised, i believe we should be good with no huge worries.  Oliver wasnt lighting it up in camp so we are still full steam ahead.  Allen is the key ingredient, because if the D plays in 2017 form, the Offense doesnt need to do to much.  We werent lighting it up with Mercedes Lewis on our AFCCG run, so we should be fine with Foles.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(08-02-2019, 08:37 AM)Nikowho Wrote: Why....WHY can't this team have nice things for more than a season?!

How do we know he qualified as 'nice things'? How do we know someone else isn't going to step up, and things are just fine without him? Sheesh.

(08-02-2019, 09:30 AM)Mikey Wrote:

How do we know he qualified as 'nice things'? How do we know someone else isn't going to step up, and things are just fine without him? Sheesh.

Quiet Pollyanna, this is the misery thread.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Hopefully Swaim surprises us. Seems like we haven't had much luck at TE since drafting Lewis.

No need to feel all doom and gloom until we see them take the field. If this team was putting that much faith and stock in a pair of 3rd RD picks from small schools to begin with then this team failed to keep the roster competitive over the last few years at said positions.

This is what Caldwell and the scouting staff get paid for. They find prospects. They make it work. I expect them to be dumpster diving and bargain bin diving as the preseason continues to unfold over the next four weeks.

Cheer up folks. It's only the 2nd of August. Anybody else watch that snooze fest last night?
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Injuries to TE are not going to make or break this season.
Let Oliver take all the time he needs.

Foles will find other targets, if he has time.
Injuries at the offensive tackle position are what will make or break this season.
We need Cam Robinson back, and we need Jawaan Taylor to play like Robinson did in 2017.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Throw some dirt on it Oliver.

Well, this sucks...

This will just bring expectations to where they should have been for the poor rookie TE. It was crazy how much people were expecting from him this season.

(This post was last modified: 08-02-2019, 10:14 AM by RicoTx.)

(08-02-2019, 10:04 AM)Upper Wrote: This will just bring expectations to where they should have been for the poor rookie TE. It was crazy how much people were expecting from him this season.

Exactly who was expecting crazy things from him?

You really have a tendency to exaggerate.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

To be fair he looked like garbage anyway.

Good thing we  claimed the TE the Bucs Cut

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...f-waivers/