Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Jaguars' Yannick Ngakoue expected to end holdout

Jaguars' Yannick Ngakoue expected to end holdout

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...nd-holdout

Jacksonville Jaguars star pass-rusher Yannick Ngakoue is expected to end his holdout and will show up for training camp on Sunday, according to NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Great news. This team needs all of its best players on the field as soon as possible.

Wonder if this means a contract is following up later today, or what has changed the situation

Great news if a deal is imminent.
Terrible news if no deal has been consummated.
Making up

Evidence

Depending on

Information

Available

Welcome Back Yann.

NH3...
"AZANE"

He needed to report by August 5th to get credit for an accrued season.

(08-04-2019, 12:39 PM)DragonFury Wrote: He needed to report by August 5th to get credit for an accrued season.

Exactly, why is anyone surprised?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Sounds like a deal is not close.

Exactly! He returned on Q because he had to, but if the team forces him to play on his current salary instead of as one of the best at his position then it will be a huge mistake that has long term ramifications.

(08-04-2019, 01:52 PM)RealJagsFan Wrote: Exactly! He returned on Q because he had to, but if the team forces him to play on his current salary instead of as one of the best at his position then it will be a huge mistake that has long term ramifications.

Forces? It sounds like he got a good contract offer and refused it.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I was expecting this, though not this early.  I do think that the trip to Baltimore probably is a factor.  He basically has two choices.  Either sign and accept the deal offered or play this season under his current contract.  Either way the team has all of the leverage right now.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I'm kind of starting to think they won't re-sign him. With Josh Allen being drafted and Ramsey's contract still to come it might not be possible from a cap POV.

If I was him I would be concerned about getting a career ending injurey next season and not even getting franchise tag money after that.
Could there be some sort of insurance policy that protects against that?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(08-04-2019, 02:13 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-04-2019, 01:52 PM)RealJagsFan Wrote: Exactly! He returned on Q because he had to, but if the team forces him to play on his current salary instead of as one of the best at his position then it will be a huge mistake that has long term ramifications.

Forces? It sounds like he got a good contract offer and refused it.

This. Dude could have had the Brinks truck backed into his house and he said no. A deal not being made is moreso on Yan's camp at this point than anyone else. If I were Yan I'd take the 3 year deal because if you ball and you get ANOTHER prime contract, you are likely going to be the highest paid DE in the league if his production keeps up.

(08-04-2019, 03:43 PM)DragonFury Wrote: I'm kind of starting to think they won't re-sign him. With Josh Allen being drafted and Ramsey's contract still to come it might not be possible from a cap POV.

If we let him walk for nothing, that will be the worst move this franchise has made and theres a lot of competition.

I think this is a cap issue. This year we are tight with the Bortles cap hit, well sort a deal in off season and pay him and use this years cap to improve the team now.

(08-04-2019, 03:43 PM)DragonFury Wrote: I'm kind of starting to think they won't re-sign him. With Josh Allen being drafted and Ramsey's contract still to come it might not be possible from a cap POV.

If this Front Office doesn't re-sign Ngakoue and lets him walk, it'll officially show just how clueless and dumb they really are and they need to be cleaned out ASAP.

There's no reason why they can't sign both Ngakoue and Ramsey.

Campbell and Dareus are going to both be gone within the next 1-3 years I'd imagine. I bet Dareus is let go after this season (set to make $22.5m in 2020) and Campbell will likely follow the season after that (he'll be a FA after the 2020 season). Let Dareus go after this season frees up $20m. Letting Campbell go after this season would free up another $15m.

Letting Bouye go after this season would free up $11.5m ($13.5m after 2 seasons).

If Telvin does sit out all season, they'll get another $10m added back to the cap after this season is over.

And all that just starts the fun. 

There's absolutely no reason why they shouldn't be able to re-sign both Ngakoue and Ramsey, unless this FO low balls the [BLEEP] out of them, or if those players just simply don't want to be here.

(08-04-2019, 05:33 PM)Eric1 Wrote:

If this Front Office doesn't re-sign Ngakoue and lets him walk, it'll officially show just how clueless and dumb they really are and they need to be cleaned out ASAP.

Campbell and Dareus are going to both be gone within the next 1-3 years I'd imagine. I bet Dareus is let go after this season (set to make $22.5m in 2020) and Campbell will likely follow the season after that (he'll be a FA after the 2020 season). Let Dareus go after this season frees up $20m. Letting Campbell go after this season would free up another $15m.

Letting Bouye go after this season would free up $11.5m ($13.5m after 2 seasons).

If Telvin does sit out all season, they'll get another $10m added back to the cap after this season is over.

There's absolutely no reason why they shouldn't be able to re-sign both Ngakoue and Ramsey, unless this FO low balls the [BLEEP] out of them, or if those players just simply don't want to be here.
The front office can't make him sign. Let's remember that Yan chose not to sign, much like what we saw with A. Robinson.  The Colts are standing by with a dump truck of cash and no star DE. They have the cap space to get into a bidding war for Yan. Yan has no team loyalties, believe it. 

And why the hell would you let highly productive players like Campbell and Bouye go? Campbell is a highly productive All-pro. Bouye was arguably the best CB in the NFL in 2017. Now, Telvin can walk, and Dareus needs to restructure. Also, Jack is coming due for a contract in an already depleted LB corp. Unless some young guys step up, contracts are going to get tough the next few years.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(08-04-2019, 05:59 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(08-04-2019, 05:33 PM)Eric1 Wrote: If this Front Office doesn't re-sign Ngakoue and lets him walk, it'll officially show just how clueless and dumb they really are and they need to be cleaned out ASAP.

The front office can't make him sign. Let's remember that Yan chose not to sign, much like what we saw with A. Robinson.  The Colts are standing by with a dump truck of cash and no star DE. They have the cap space to get into a bidding war for Yan. Yan has no team loyalties, believe it. 

And why the hell would you let highly productive players like Campbell and Bouye go? Campbell is a highly productive All-pro. Bouye was arguably the best CB in the NFL in 2017. Now, Telvin can walk, and Dareus needs to restructure. Also, Jack is coming due for a contract in an already depleted LB corp. Unless some young guys step up, contracts are going to get tough the next few years.

There's times to hold your ground as a FO when paying players and there's times when you just have to deal with what the market is and pay the man what he's earned/worth. I know there's been numbers floated around that the team offered him $19m per, but has any of that been proven for a fact? Or are we just going to take some twitter rumors as gospel? Has any real, proven source come out and talked/tweeted about that? Would love to see them if they're out there.

Campbell has 2 years left on his contract, so it may just be a matter of him walking as a FA. Campbell is still a great player, but he'll be 33 years old in less than a month. Father time is undefeated. How long can he keep his play up? It's only a matter of time before his play falls off and drafting Josh Allen makes moving on from him easier in the long run.

I like Bouye and he makes this team better, without a doubt. But if I have to choose between him and Ramsey, that's an easy decision. Ramsey all day. Honestly, I think Meeks takes that next step this season and will make Bouye expendable in 1-2 seasons. Just my gut feeling. Or they draft Bouye's replacement next draft.

Jack is in a tough situation and this year will be big for him $$ and future wise.

(08-04-2019, 06:31 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(08-04-2019, 05:59 PM)B2hibry Wrote: The front office can't make him sign. Let's remember that Yan chose not to sign, much like what we saw with A. Robinson.  The Colts are standing by with a dump truck of cash and no star DE. They have the cap space to get into a bidding war for Yan. Yan has no team loyalties, believe it. 

There's times to hold your ground as a FO when paying players and there's times when you just have to deal with what the market is and pay the man what he's earned/worth. I know there's been numbers floated around that the team offered him $19m per, but has any of that been proven for a fact? Or are we just going to take some twitter rumors as gospel? Has any real, proven source come out and talked/tweeted about that? Would love to see them if they're out there.

Campbell has 2 years left on his contract, so it may just be a matter of him walking as a FA. Campbell is still a great player, but he'll be 33 years old in less than a month. Father time is undefeated. How long can he keep his play up? It's only a matter of time before his play falls off and drafting Josh Allen makes moving on from him easier in the long run.

I like Bouye and he makes this team better, without a doubt. But if I have to choose between him and Ramsey, that's an easy decision. Ramsey all day. Honestly, I think Meeks takes that next step this season and will make Bouye expendable in 1-2 seasons. Just my gut feeling. Or they draft Bouye's replacement next draft.

Jack is in a tough situation and this year will be big for him $$ and future wise.

Why take 1 Ramsey when you can have 2 Bouyes?

The Jags offered him at minimum 2 and probably 3 years. He would have gotten 19 million this year and next year.

He loses by not signing, same as Bell lost. He won't ever make up for the $19 million he loses this year. He also won't make up for not getting the next 2 seasons guaranteed.

He loses $19 million minus his current salary. Next season he is on the tag, so $20 million max. 2 years with no guarantees. Sign now for 3 years, get another contract while in prime window, and avoid not having money during the upcoming CBA work stoppage.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

^^^^ This dude gets it!
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

It sounds like his agent is really, really dumb.