Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
New York Times Changes Headline After Dem Candidates Complain

You now positively know what party they're in the tank for........

New York Times Changes Headline After Dem Candidates Complain

Anyone wondering whether the mainstream media takes its orders from the Democratic National Committee can cease doing so now. The New York Times is now taking editorial direction directly from the Democratic candidates running for president.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/new-york-ti...Ag2V2nmJwk
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Fake News in the truest sense.

The people that "complained" probably didn't really listen to what The President had to say.  It's all about spreading the FALSE narrative of "white supremacist groups" and The President being "racist".  Anyone notice why the media is so focused on the El Paso shooting and not the shooting in Dayton?  What about the fact that more people were shot in Chicago to the point that one hospital had to close their emergency room?  Why is that not reported in the headlines?

What is really interesting is the FACT that the NYT actually presented a factual headline, yet it didn't fit the narrative.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 08-07-2019, 07:12 AM by mikesez.)

(08-06-2019, 04:16 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: The people that "complained" probably didn't really listen to what The President had to say.  It's all about spreading the FALSE narrative of "white supremacist groups" and The President being "racist".  Anyone notice why the media is so focused on the El Paso shooting and not the shooting in Dayton?  What about the fact that more people were shot in Chicago to the point that one hospital had to close their emergency room?  Why is that not reported in the headlines?

What is really interesting is the FACT that the NYT actually presented a factual headline, yet it didn't fit the narrative.

But the headline change doesn't reflect your narrative.
The new headline still says the president opposed racism but adds that he said nothing about guns. The NYT didn't take a "president is racist" angle in either headline.

I thought the CNN headline was better. It was something like, "President decries hate, does not acknowledge his own hateful words"
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Mikesez decries false narratives, does not acknowledge his own stupidity.

The media has been going through great length to create a narrative that doesn't exist. It happens every day. I blame the media and social apps for the violence in this country. They are bombarding the populace with half-truths and false narratives that incite a reaction from those that become overly frustrated and do not know how to process what is swamping their minds. If you live in the real world outside of these idiotic rhetoric farms, you know there is not this despair they want you to believe.

Here is an example of the absolute stupidity that folks get subjected to that creates divide and anxiety in weak, immature minds. This guy should be red-flagged as he is an absolute [BLEEP] dolt!
https://twitter.com/JasonOverstreet/stat...olf-hitler
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(08-07-2019, 07:41 AM)Last42min Wrote: Mikesez decries false narratives, does not acknowledge his own stupidity.

Show me the stupidity, and I will acknowledge it.  

Don't you agree that the president has said some things that have come across as hateful that he should walk back?

(08-07-2019, 08:57 AM)B2hibry Wrote: The media has been going through great length to create a narrative that doesn't exist. It happens every day. I blame the media and social apps for the violence in this country. They are bombarding the populace with half-truths and false narratives that incite a reaction from those that become overly frustrated and do not know how to process what is swamping their minds. If you live in the real world outside of these idiotic rhetoric farms, you know there is not this despair they want you to believe.

Here is an example of the absolute stupidity that folks get subjected to that creates divide and anxiety in weak, immature minds. This guy should be red-flagged as he is an absolute [BLEEP] dolt!

The man in your video did not say anything incorrect or even deceptive. The number 88 has been a Neo-Nazi code, but it's very unlikely that the president selected the date for that reason, or that he even knows about it. The Man in the video says all these things. So he just decided to talk about something that's not worth talking about.
I don't think he made his viewers feel unease or panic.
at worst he made them think that there's nothing better to talk about today than numerological speculation.

(08-07-2019, 07:12 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(08-06-2019, 04:16 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: The people that "complained" probably didn't really listen to what The President had to say.  It's all about spreading the FALSE narrative of "white supremacist groups" and The President being "racist".  Anyone notice why the media is so focused on the El Paso shooting and not the shooting in Dayton?  What about the fact that more people were shot in Chicago to the point that one hospital had to close their emergency room?  Why is that not reported in the headlines?

But the headline change doesn't reflect your narrative.
The new headline still says the president opposed racism but adds that he said nothing about guns. The NYT didn't take a "president is racist" angle in either headline.

I thought the CNN headline was better. It was something like, "President decries hate, does not acknowledge his own hateful words"

Yes it does.  I only faulted the NYT because they replaced a factual headline after receiving pressure from those in the democrat party that are pushing the false "white supremacist" and "racist" narrative.

The CNN headline is a bad one because it's not reporting it's editorializing.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(08-07-2019, 08:57 AM)B2hibry Wrote: The media has been going through great length to create a narrative that doesn't exist. It happens every day. I blame the media and social apps for the violence in this country. They are bombarding the populace with half-truths and false narratives that incite a reaction from those that become overly frustrated and do not know how to process what is swamping their minds. If you live in the real world outside of these idiotic rhetoric farms, you know there is not this despair they want you to believe.

Absolutely.  This is the actual "hateful rhetoric" that is spread by much of the media as well as social media.  This is what actually divides people and causes people with weak minds to do dangerous things.

I wanna go back to the days when we used logic, facts and rationality to make decisions.

Now it's all emotions and feelings.

Ugh. Terrible.

(08-07-2019, 02:11 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: I wanna go back to the days when we used logic, facts and rationality to make decisions.

Now it's all emotions and feelings.

Ugh. Terrible.

It's frustrating for sure. Sometimes you just have to unplug and live life. Those in power and in the media business would have you believe if you went to a Jags game the whites sit on one side and all others on the opposite side. Also, the non-binaries get the cabanas! I'm over here minding my business like (joke, I wouldn't waste beer like that!)...

[Image: tumblr_ljt7z3Yhzx1qdunk8o1_500.gif]

Fortunately the NYT apologized to their subscribers for the initial mistake.

OK, satire

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(08-07-2019, 12:51 PM)mikesez Wrote:

The man in your video did not say anything incorrect or even deceptive. The number 88 has been a Neo-Nazi code, but it's very unlikely that the president selected the date for that reason, or that he even knows about it. The Man in the video says all these things. So he just decided to talk about something that's not worth talking about.
at worst he made them think that there's nothing better to talk about today than numerological speculation.
You go ahead and run with that.

(08-07-2019, 09:26 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: Fortunately the NYT apologized to their subscribers for the initial mistake.

OK, satire

That’s funny stuff right there.

(08-07-2019, 10:26 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(08-07-2019, 12:51 PM)mikesez Wrote: The man in your video did not say anything incorrect or even deceptive. The number 88 has been a Neo-Nazi code, but it's very unlikely that the president selected the date for that reason, or that he even knows about it. The Man in the video says all these things. So he just decided to talk about something that's not worth talking about.
You go ahead and run with that.

What's wrong with what I said?

(08-08-2019, 07:19 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(08-07-2019, 10:26 PM)B2hibry Wrote: You go ahead and run with that.

What's wrong with what I said?
He starts off with using the identifier "adversary" before spewing garbage. As a former FBI suit, these means "the enemy," and it was directed at the POTUS and WH. There was absolutely no reason for this idiot to send this type of message than to attempt to carry the "white supremacist torch further" or to further perpetuate racial tension. If you haven't figured it out, this is the latest direction from the Dems to impact the 2020 election. Trump's approval has been relatively consistent from day one which shows with the margin of error that his base is still strong enough to make 2020 at least as tight as 2016 and he hasn't started campaigning yet. They know if Trump gains in the black and especially the Latino vote, they have no chance. The black vote has always been systemic, whereas the Latino vote is fluid and doesn't suffer from generational pressure. It is more results-oriented. Just last month the Latino approval rating bumped 50%. Trump won with only 20-something in 2016. You are free to be passive and move on.

(08-08-2019, 09:07 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
(08-08-2019, 07:19 AM)mikesez Wrote: What's wrong with what I said?
He starts off with using the identifier "adversary" before spewing garbage. As a former FBI suit, these means "the enemy," and it was directed at the POTUS and WH. There was absolutely no reason for this idiot to send this type of message than to attempt to carry the "white supremacist torch further" or to further perpetuate racial tension. If you haven't figured it out, this is the latest direction from the Dems to impact the 2020 election. Trump's approval has been relatively consistent from day one which shows with the margin of error that his base is still strong enough to make 2020 at least as tight as 2016 and he hasn't started campaigning yet. They know if Trump gains in the black and especially the Latino vote, they have no chance. The black vote has always been systemic, whereas the Latino vote is fluid and doesn't suffer from generational pressure. It is more results-oriented. Just last month the Latino approval rating bumped 50%. Trump won with only 20-something in 2016. You are free to be passive and move on.

Pretty sure he meant that the "adversary" was actual white supremacists who say 88 14 to each other.  And he didn't include POTUS in that group.

Mikesez defends whacko journalist conspiracy; mentions nothing about his own incompetence.