Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Sack Predictions

Let’s start with the rookie. I think Allen finds a way to put up 6 sacks and 2 FF. That would be awesome.

Campbell will probably stay consistent and put up 11 sacks.

Yannick will have a monster year with 16 sacks and 4 FF.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

91 = 12
93 = 9
41 = 11

DROY for Allen, we can all dream right?
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

41 - 7
93 - 9
91 - 10
99 - 4
90 - 2.5

But I’m more interested in the pressure rate and forcing QBs into mistakes.

69 total

Taven Bryan leads the team in sacks, and the MB's heads collectively explode.

Everything else is just gravy.

(08-07-2019, 08:24 AM)Mikey Wrote: Taven Bryan leads the team in sacks, and the MB's heads collectively explode.

Everything else is just gravy.

If that happened, heads would explode for one of two reasons.

1.  Either Taven Bryan makes an exponential leap in development and ability akin to broad jumping the Grand Canyon, or;

2.  There is a string of catastrophic early season ending injuries to Campbell, Allen, Ngakoue, Dareus,  Jones and McCray leaving Bryan one of the last men standing.

I would definitely prefer option 1, eating a year's worth of crow with a smile on my face.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 08-07-2019, 09:14 AM by Kane.)

Campebell, Allen, Yannick - 10 each
rest of DL 20

(08-07-2019, 09:14 AM)Kane Wrote: Campebell, Allen, Yannick - 10 each
rest of DL 20

50 sacks out of the DL, including 3 with double digit sacks?  This doesn't include the blitzes, which are likely to increase and improve with Capers' incluence.

That would definitely put us in the 2017 level of production.

Where do I sign for this?

(08-07-2019, 09:17 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(08-07-2019, 09:14 AM)Kane Wrote: Campebell, Allen, Yannick - 10 each
rest of DL 20

50 sacks out of the DL, including 3 with double digit sacks?  This doesn't include the blitzes, which are likely to increase and improve with Capers' incluence.

Yeah... I mean I'm using very round numbers... But it is kinda what I expect out of a DL this talented with a competent offense that doesn't put the defense in situations where they can't tee off.
Very much more in line with 2017 numbers.

Thinking Allen and Yan could each get more than 10 and I probably should have said "rest of team" 20.

(08-07-2019, 11:46 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: 72.5
Aside from a team not being able to notch a half sack, depending upon whether you round down or up, that figure would either tie or eclipse the single season sack record by the '84 Bears.

I would gladly take that.

10 a game.

I mean they did it twice in 2017.

foles will get sacked a lot.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Campbell 10.5 (matches last year)
Ngakoue 11 (slight improvement over last year)
Allen 8 (not bad for a rookie and taking Fowler more limited role)
Dareus 4
Jack 3.5

(08-07-2019, 11:36 AM)Kane Wrote:
(08-07-2019, 09:17 AM)Bullseye Wrote: 50 sacks out of the DL, including 3 with double digit sacks?  This doesn't include the blitzes, which are likely to increase and improve with Capers' incluence.

Yeah... I mean I'm using very round numbers... But it is kinda what I expect out of a DL this talented with a competent offense that doesn't put the defense in situations where they can't tee off.

Thinking Allen and Yan could each get more than 10 and I probably should have said "rest of team" 20.
Thing is, most believe Allen is talented but needs to add more pass rush moves.

If he can reach double digit sacks his rookie year, it means one or more of the following:

1.  He has enough talent surrounding him where he has an abundance of single blocking, and enough obvious passing situations to give him the chance to reach those numbers even with his lack of pass rush moves;

2.  He has just that much raw talent he can reach those totals;

3.  He develops at an insane level over the season;

4.  He stays healthy;

5.  The team is playing with a ton of leads;

6.  The other DL are playing so well, he ends up with garbage or clean up sacks.

All of that is appealing to me.

(08-07-2019, 01:29 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(08-07-2019, 11:36 AM)Kane Wrote: Yeah... I mean I'm using very round numbers... But it is kinda what I expect out of a DL this talented with a competent offense that doesn't put the defense in situations where they can't tee off.

Thing is, most believe Allen is talented but needs to add more pass rush moves.

If he can reach double digit sacks his rookie year, it means one or more of the following:

1.  He has enough talent surrounding him where he has an abundance of single blocking, and enough obvious passing situations to give him the chance to reach those numbers even with his lack of pass rush moves;

4.  He stays healthy;

6.  The other DL are playing so well, he ends up with garbage or clean up sacks.

I honestly think Allen is the special kind of talent to earn DROY honors. And I think his talent forces the team to put him on the field in all sorts of situations.
I know he's Yan's backup but I suspect he'll have the 2nd or 3rd most on field time behind only Yan and Campbell.

We'll see our lightning package a lot this year (if it is still called that.)
I know there has been talks about his lack of moves... but I imagine Yan, Allen, and Campbell on the field at the same time is going to be a nightmare for teams and will benefit everyone

(This post was last modified: 08-07-2019, 02:27 PM by JagsFansince1995.)

(08-07-2019, 02:10 PM)Kane Wrote:
(08-07-2019, 01:29 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Thing is, most believe Allen is talented but needs to add more pass rush moves.

4.  He stays healthy;

I honestly think Allen is the special kind of talent to earn DROY honors. And I think his talent forces the team to put him on the field in all sorts of situations.
I know he's Yan's backup but I suspect he'll have the 2nd or 3rd most on field time behind only Yan and Campbell.

We'll see our lightning package a lot this year (if it is still called that.)
I know there has been talks about his lack of moves... but I imagine Yan, Allen, and Campbell on the field at the same time is going to be a nightmare for teams and will benefit everyone

If Allen gets playing time, he will shine.  If we treat him like Fowler and only do 3rd down snaps and let Campbell and Yann get the majority, he'll do ok.  It depends on the coaching staff, as it always has to me.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

One factor is that we may very well be playing with a lead more often allowing this Capers influenced defense to really get after it. We'll make a run at the 2017 numbers and maybe better those.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(08-07-2019, 02:50 PM)hb1148 Wrote: One factor is that we may very well be playing with a lead more often allowing this Capers influenced defense to really get after it. We'll make a run at the 2017 numbers and maybe better those.

If our D plays 2017 or better level I have no reason not to believe we'll be in the playoffs.
Because I have no reason to think this offense with Foles, LF, and a healthy OL won't be as good or probably better than the 2017 offense.

And the AFCS is still a bit of a crap shoot as to who will emerge as the favorite or best team, imo.
I'm sure tinhorns are favored by many, but I think the clots and tacks have just as much of a shot at getting 2nd place just as much as the tinhorns do.
Cool

(08-07-2019, 03:35 PM)Kane Wrote:
(08-07-2019, 02:50 PM)hb1148 Wrote: One factor is that we may very well be playing with a lead more often allowing this Capers influenced defense to really get after it. We'll make a run at the 2017 numbers and maybe better those.

If our D plays 2017 or better level I have no reason not to believe we'll be in the playoffs.
Because I have no reason to think this offense with Foles, LF, and a healthy OL won't be as good or probably better than the 2017 offense.

And the AFCS is still a bit of a crap shoot as to who will emerge as the favorite or best team, imo.
I'm sure tinhorns are favored by many, but I think the clots and tacks have just as much of a shot at getting 2nd place just as much as the tinhorns do.
Cool

The clots concern me the most.  Luck came back playing more efficiently than he ever had, and that defense was supposed to be one of the worst in football going into last year...  They got better on that side way too quickly to suit me.