Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
So, who needs a gun..........

Attacker kills 4, wounds 2 in Southern California stabbing rampage

A man who was “full of anger” stabbed, slashed and robbed his way across two Southern California cities in a bloody rampage that killed four people and wounded two others who were apparently targeted at random, authorities said

https://www.wgal.com/article/4-dead-2-wo...iKK8h68YMw
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-08-2019, 09:15 AM)The Drifter Wrote: Attacker kills 4, wounds 2 in Southern California stabbing rampage

A man who was “full of anger” stabbed, slashed and robbed his way across two Southern California cities in a bloody rampage that killed four people and wounded two others who were apparently targeted at random, authorities said

Thank you. I just won $10 from my brother. When I saw the article this morning I told him you would post something about it. You know - as if it had anything to do with the gun violence over the past 10 days.

So predictable. Are you sure you're not a Russian bot?
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Gee, another killing in Southern California.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(08-08-2019, 09:24 AM)Adam2012 Wrote:
(08-08-2019, 09:15 AM)The Drifter Wrote: Attacker kills 4, wounds 2 in Southern California stabbing rampage

Thank you. I just won $10 from my brother. When I saw the article this morning I told him you would post something about it. You know - as if it had anything to do with the gun violence over the past 10 days.

So should we ban assault knives or no?

(08-08-2019, 09:48 AM)Kane Wrote:
(08-08-2019, 09:24 AM)Adam2012 Wrote: Thank you. I just won $10 from my brother. When I saw the article this morning I told him you would post something about it. You know - as if it had anything to do with the gun violence over the past 10 days.

We should make killing illegal or something.

(08-08-2019, 09:49 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
(08-08-2019, 09:48 AM)Kane Wrote: So should we ban assault knives or no?
We should make killing illegal or something.

It's a shame the attacker was Hispanic... doesn't fit the white supremacy narrative going around this week.

(08-08-2019, 09:24 AM)Adam2012 Wrote: Thank you. I just won $10 from my brother. When I saw the article this morning I told him you would post something about it. You know - as if it had anything to do with the gun violence over the past 10 days.

Buuuwwwaaaaahh!!!! Now you can plan to only work 39 hours next week and you will still be even.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(08-08-2019, 09:55 AM)Kane Wrote:
(08-08-2019, 09:49 AM)B2hibry Wrote: We should make killing illegal or something.

It's a shame the attacker was Hispanic... doesn't fit the white supremacy narrative going around this week.

Shhh, the media just wants you to know... "A man".

[Image: 101289_551d3df531cc58507de63a8dc6cae091.png]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Gun control nuts are so, so stupid.

If you believe in gun control, you're a moron - there's nothing you can argue, there's nothing you can say - you're just a moron incapable of rational or logical thought.

A crazy person is going to murder people regardless of what instrument he uses. If he can use a gun, he will, if he can't, he'll rent a truck, if he can't he'll steal a truck, if he can't he'll carjack a truck..

You won't ever stop a crazy person from doing crazy things except with a good person with a gun. Period.

(This post was last modified: 08-08-2019, 02:00 PM by mikesez.)

(08-08-2019, 12:43 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Gun control nuts are so, so stupid.

If you believe in gun control, you're a moron - there's nothing you can argue, there's nothing you can say - you're just a moron incapable of rational or logical thought.

A crazy person is going to murder people regardless of what instrument he uses. If he can use a gun, he will, if he can't, he'll rent a truck, if he can't he'll steal a truck, if he can't he'll carjack a truck..

You won't ever stop a crazy person from doing crazy things except with a good person with a gun. Period.

You're definitely right that the only thing stopping someone from killing as many people as possible is a good guy. Usually the good guy needs a gun, but in rare cases the good guy can merely tackle the assailant and wrestle his weapon away.
But it always takes a moment for the good guy with the gun to show up and take out the assailant.
The body count is going to depend on how many kills you get per minute.
You get the same number of minutes regardless.
Your kills per minute with a semi-auto rifle are more than your kills per minute with a knife or with a truck.  Period.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(08-08-2019, 01:58 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(08-08-2019, 12:43 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Gun control nuts are so, so stupid.

You're definitely right that the only thing stopping someone from killing as many people as possible is a good guy.  Usually the good guy needs a gun, but in rare cases the good guy can merely tackle the assailant and wrestle his weapon away.  
But it always takes a moment for the good guy with the gun to show up and take out the assailant.
Your kills per minute with a semi-auto rifle are more than your kills per minute with a knife or with a truck.  Period.
You state "period," but just not as absolute as you want to believe. There is not a direct correlation to between firepower and number of deaths. You have to consider the magazine size, distance, experience, group density, etc. Being semi-auto is a minute factor and doesn't make it a magical killing machine. The number of kills is more related to the element of surprise more than the tool. With that said, having a gun for defense puts good and evil on more level footing.

(This post was last modified: 08-08-2019, 03:24 PM by mikesez.)

(08-08-2019, 02:21 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(08-08-2019, 01:58 PM)mikesez Wrote: You're definitely right that the only thing stopping someone from killing as many people as possible is a good guy.  Usually the good guy needs a gun, but in rare cases the good guy can merely tackle the assailant and wrestle his weapon away.  
You state "period," but just not as absolute as you want to believe. There is not a direct correlation to between firepower and number of deaths. You have to consider the magazine size, distance, experience, group density, etc. Being semi-auto is a minute factor and doesn't make it a magical killing machine. The number of kills is more related to the element of surprise more than the tool. With that said, having a gun for defense puts good and evil on more level footing.

Let's just take emotion out of the equation, and imagine four pig pens stuffed with 20 hogs each, ready for market. regardless of how this experiment turns out, we all get a bunch of bacon in the end so it's happy.

One person gets a semi automatic rifle with three or four loaded 20 round clips.

The second person gets a pistol with a few loaded clips,

The third person gets a hunting knife,

And the fourth person gets a Dodge ram with a hemi.

Who is going to end the lives of their 20 pigs the fastest?

(08-08-2019, 03:16 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(08-08-2019, 02:21 PM)B2hibry Wrote: You state "period," but just not as absolute as you want to believe. There is not a direct correlation to between firepower and number of deaths. You have to consider the magazine size, distance, experience, group density, etc. Being semi-auto is a minute factor and doesn't make it a magical killing machine. The number of kills is more related to the element of surprise more than the tool. With that said, having a gun for defense puts good and evil on more level footing.

Let's just take emotion out of the equation, and imagine four pig pens stuffed with 20 hogs each, ready for market. regardless of how this experiment turns out, we all get a bunch of bacon in the end so it's happy.

One person gets a semi automatic rifle with three or four loaded 20 round clips.

The guy with the dodge ram because all the pigs are concentrated in one small pen.

(This post was last modified: 08-08-2019, 04:06 PM by mikesez.)

(08-08-2019, 03:41 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(08-08-2019, 03:16 PM)mikesez Wrote: Let's just take emotion out of the equation, and imagine four pig pens stuffed with 20 hogs each, ready for market. regardless of how this experiment turns out, we all get a bunch of bacon in the end so it's happy.

The guy with the dodge ram because all the pigs are concentrated in one small pen.

Yeah but his tires are only like 10 or 11 in wide. More pigs are going to be in between the right and left tires then will be under them. He will have to wheel around make three or four passes, doing a 90 degree turn each time. There's a second or two in between when he aims the truck and when the truck finally hits the pig. meanwhile Mr Semi Auto rifle gets to stand in one spot, and point and click. A couple hundredths of a second is all it takes between when he aims and when the bullet is inside the pig.

(08-08-2019, 04:05 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(08-08-2019, 03:41 PM)B2hibry Wrote: The guy with the dodge ram because all the pigs are concentrated in one small pen.

Yeah but his tires are only like 10 or 11 in wide. More pigs are going to be in between the right and left tires then will be under them. He will have to wheel around make three or four passes, doing a 90 degree turn each time. There's a second or two in between when he aims the truck and when the truck finally hits the pig. meanwhile Mr Semi Auto rifle gets to stand in one spot, and point and click. A couple hundredths of a second is all it takes between when he aims and when the bullet is inside the pig.
Haha, this exercise is dumb but entertaining. I'll play.

The bumper height of a 2019 Ram 1500 is 21.5 inches. The average height of a market pig is 29" at a weight of 300lbs. With the speed and weight of the truck and slow reaction of an overweight pig, nothing needs to be directly under tire for death, and the element of surprise will take out most first go.

Do you think a pig is sitting still for that marksman of yours? Is shooter supported or just standing open? Rifle or pistol? You realize a headshot is required for that quick death you're assuming? I am a decorated marksman on several weapons systems and your hundredths of a second is a rediculous guess at best for someone trained let alone an amateur! I know we have a few law enforcement on here that could echo my statement. Like I said, semi-auto means squat!

(08-08-2019, 03:16 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(08-08-2019, 02:21 PM)B2hibry Wrote: You state "period," but just not as absolute as you want to believe. There is not a direct correlation to between firepower and number of deaths. You have to consider the magazine size, distance, experience, group density, etc. Being semi-auto is a minute factor and doesn't make it a magical killing machine. The number of kills is more related to the element of surprise more than the tool. With that said, having a gun for defense puts good and evil on more level footing.

Are the hogs feral?????

(08-08-2019, 01:58 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(08-08-2019, 12:43 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: You won't ever stop a crazy person from doing crazy things except with a good person with a gun. Period.

Completely incorrect.  The guy in the truck, as opposed to the shooter, is already in motion in his escape vehicle.  His chances of eluding or prolonging capture or being killed are greater, allowing him to continue the assault and/or re-engage at a secondary location.

Remind me again, how many shots were fired on 9-11?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(08-08-2019, 09:48 AM)Kane Wrote:

That's no joke, the London mayor suggested it

(08-08-2019, 08:18 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(08-08-2019, 01:58 PM)mikesez Wrote: The body count is going to depend on how many kills you get per minute.

Completely incorrect.  The guy in the truck, as opposed to the shooter, is already in motion in his escape vehicle.  His chances of eluding or prolonging capture or being killed are greater, allowing him to continue the assault and/or re-engage at a secondary location.

Remind me again, how many shots were fired on 9-11?

9-11 took 19 or 20 guys working together.

As for vehicles being more deadly because they can get away and try again later, has anyone actually done that? Usually a vehicle is badly damaged after some one tries to use it to kill people.