Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Jaguars @ Ravens Preseason Game Night Thread***

Well... that was pathetic. Pretty much it, just hope and pray Foles stays healthy I guess. Not sure why the coaching staff is acting like we are stacked on talent that we have the need to sit so many guys. Could of used this game to... you know develop some players... get some team chemistry going. Just a waste of a game all around. Time to move on to next week.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-08-2019, 10:44 PM)Firesky Wrote:
(08-08-2019, 10:33 PM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote: TRUTH! Was not impressed with Menshew at all tonight, although he didn't have the first stingers around him he still didn't look that good imo but who knows its so early zero game planning happens yet, etc.

I felt the opposite, he started out with typical rookie first game jitters but settled in as the night went on. Made some nice throws, moved well in the pocket, didn't turn it over. Responded to that absolute blast he took by the goalline with a big throw to beat the blitz on third and 14, from there he sustained a nice drive to midfield that was killed by drops. The receivers did him no favors tn, especially since they pulled Cole and Chark after just a handful of snaps. I think it's reasonable to say he'd look a lot better with Dede etc. on the other end of these passes. The Ravens sat a few guys but still had their first unit out there.. which was the #1 Defense last year; If this is what he can do against the best defense from last season in his very first nfl game action, imagine what he can do against other teams with more experience under his belt and a better understanding of the offense.

Still a lot of football left in preseason left to be played so time will tell

He never got us passed midfield. Any way you evaluate it, that is not good.

(This post was last modified: 08-09-2019, 12:41 AM by Eric1.)

(08-09-2019, 12:16 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(08-08-2019, 10:44 PM)Firesky Wrote: I felt the opposite, he started out with typical rookie first game jitters but settled in as the night went on. Made some nice throws, moved well in the pocket, didn't turn it over. Responded to that absolute blast he took by the goalline with a big throw to beat the blitz on third and 14, from there he sustained a nice drive to midfield that was killed by drops. The receivers did him no favors tn, especially since they pulled Cole and Chark after just a handful of snaps. I think it's reasonable to say he'd look a lot better with Dede etc. on the other end of these passes. The Ravens sat a few guys but still had their first unit out there.. which was the #1 Defense last year; If this is what he can do against the best defense from last season in his very first nfl game action, imagine what he can do against other teams with more experience under his belt and a better understanding of the offense.

Still a lot of football left in preseason left to be played so time will tell

He never got us passed midfield. Any way you evaluate it, that is not good.

We didn't get beyond midfield during the entire game... That's just straight up pathetic. 

People can try and justify it however they want (1st preseason game, backups playing, scrubs playing, etc etc), but not getting beyond the 50 yard line even once during an entire game is ridiculous.

sounds like I missed nothing.. after last preseason I don't give a crap. At least we aren't sitting here with a major season ending injury. They put stuff on tape to get better from.
No pain, no gain.

I hope they only play starters one series all preseason,. What exactly do you need to see in a meaningless game.

(08-09-2019, 12:39 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(08-09-2019, 12:16 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: He never got us passed midfield. Any way you evaluate it, that is not good.

We didn't get beyond midfield during the entire game... That's just straight up pathetic. 

People can try and justify it however they want (1st preseason game, backups playing, scrubs playing, etc etc), but not getting beyond the 50 yard line even once during an entire game is ridiculous.

Its a team sport, drops killed several nice drives including the one that ended at the 48 yard line after starting in the shadow of our own enszone where Minshew got wrecked on thr bobbled snap.

So good throws that were accurate and on time... but bc some guy i never heard of (and wont be on the 53 in a few weeks) dropped them to prevent us crossing midfield and kill the drive .. we blame Minshew?? This is just beyons dishonest guys stop it.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(08-08-2019, 04:45 PM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/jaguars/status/11595...00034?s=21

My biggest criticism of the jersey is that the numbers have no depth. It was such a glaring difference as the camera switched from a close-up of a Jag to a close-up of a raven. They just look.....incomplete.

(08-08-2019, 05:35 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: What I will be watching for:

Minshew : is his timing and release enough to overcome his weak arm?

Welp... 

Looking like a “no” I’m afraid. All those smart reads in practice seemed to go out the window under the big lights as well.