Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Jaguars @ Ravens Preseason Game Night Thread***

(08-08-2019, 10:16 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: You can't blame this debauchery on the fact that we didn't play starters. The Ravens' starters went out of the game a long time ago. And we still have done nothing. It looks like the Jaguars have done zero preparation for this game.

What do you mean preparation? No one does regular season game prep for preseason game 1.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The Pats have Brady, Hoyer and Stidham. Hoyer and Stidham looked great tonight. I wonder if they will be keeping 3 QB's on the roster?

Did Pryor or Conley play at all? I know Dede didn’t dress, heard Chark wasn’t dressing but he’s on the stat sheet.

I don't think the Jags have ever been shut out in a preseason game.

(This post was last modified: 08-08-2019, 10:28 PM by sfljaguarsfan.)

(08-08-2019, 10:23 PM)Firesky Wrote:
(08-08-2019, 10:20 PM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote: Now the WR drops were a concern i can understand, those seemed like a mix of bad slightly poor throws and drops but wasn't exactly thrilling either way

It pains me to say this... but our Receivers across the board have really regressed as a whole under McCardell. Jerry Sullivan worked magic here and even the depth guys had solid fundamentals as far as catching and routes; I think we really erred in letting him depart ways from the coaching staff.

I really do wish we had at least one pro bowl level WR. I'm still hanging on to the "a better QB makes the WRs better" thinking but I think we'll find out real soon if that's going to be the case or not. I'm not sure we actualy know what WRs we really have yet, Bortles really wasn't an accurate QB and he threw a very ugly spiral often behind them, etc. 

Can't wait to see how they look with Foles throwing to them, hopefully much better

(08-08-2019, 10:25 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(08-08-2019, 10:16 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: You can't blame this debauchery on the fact that we didn't play starters. The Ravens' starters went out of the game a long time ago. And we still have done nothing. It looks like the Jaguars have done zero preparation for this game.

What do you mean preparation? No one does regular season game prep for preseason game 1.

Well obviously. But whatever amount of preparation, conditioning, forethought, generic strategizing, etc.... the Jaguars did considerably less than they should have.

LOL... We can't even catch a guaranteed 100% INT... This game has been nothing but complete YIKES.

Zero positives in this game besides Allen getting a good run stop on the first play of the opening Defensive series.

I just want to say that Marrone has been "working" that chewing gum all night. He looks like he has some things he is nervous about.

(08-08-2019, 10:24 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: If Foles gets injured,. we WILL have the #1 pick in the draft. Pray he stays healthy. Our backup QB's suck! We probably should've kept Kessler at this rate.

TRUTH! Was not impressed with Menshew at all tonight, although he didn't have the first stingers around him he still didn't look that good imo but who knows its so early zero game planning happens yet, etc.

The worst preseason game in Jaguars history. So bad I didnt fall asleep because I was PO'd watching this lack of preparation team

So do you rethink the whole minimize all contact and risk of injury practices after this game? Isn't that what Marrone did this year?

(08-08-2019, 10:37 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: So do you rethink the whole minimize all contact and risk of injury practices after this game? Isn't that what Marrone did this year?

Full contact, or little contact, or whatever else you can think of, this team has a serious trend that has yet to seem like it'll go away...

Missed tackles and penalties.... I simply don't understand how they can continue to have these issues every year. Hopefully it'll get better, being it's just the 1st preseason game and all, but that trend continued tonight.

And I don't want to hear about us having our scrubs out there, because even when the Ravens had their scrubs out there, they weren't missing tackles and getting penalties like ours were and we did it the entire game.

(This post was last modified: 08-08-2019, 10:44 PM by Firesky.)

(08-08-2019, 10:33 PM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote:
(08-08-2019, 10:24 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: If Foles gets injured,. we WILL have the #1 pick in the draft. Pray he stays healthy. Our backup QB's suck! We probably should've kept Kessler at this rate.

TRUTH! Was not impressed with Menshew at all tonight, although he didn't have the first stingers around him he still didn't look that good imo but who knows its so early zero game planning happens yet, etc.

I felt the opposite, he started out with typical rookie first game jitters but settled in as the night went on. Made some nice throws, moved well in the pocket, didn't turn it over. Responded to that absolute blast he took by the goalline with a big throw to beat the blitz on third and 14, from there he sustained a nice drive to midfield that was killed by drops. The receivers did him no favors tn, especially since they pulled Cole and Chark after just a handful of snaps. I think it's reasonable to say he'd look a lot better with Dede etc. on the other end of these passes. The Ravens sat a few guys but still had their first unit out there.. which was the #1 Defense last year; If this is what he can do against the best defense from last season in his very first nfl game action, imagine what he can do against other teams with more experience under his belt and a better understanding of the offense.

Still a lot of football left in preseason left to be played so time will tell
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Some comments:

1) Reavis looked very good. Herndon and Meeks were solid. The depth at DB doesn't appear to be a concern.
2) Minshew was drafted ahead of McSorley?
3) Minshew, Gabbert, Bortles ... the Jags need to stop drafting QBs with names that seem to be misspellings.
4) Why can't the Jags develop offensive linemen? Wasn't Marrone supposed to be an OL guru?
5) I agree with Firesky, McCardell doesn't appear to be the answer at WR coach.
6) Cooke didn't look very good out there. Hopefully he's just trying some things he wouldn't risk in the regular season.
7) I'll wait until the season starts before I panic, but this was a depressing game.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

this is why we needed to fire moron 2 years ago after the pats playoff game no clue how to prepare a team

80% of the players tonight won't even be on the 53 man roster, and you guys are going nuts? Lol They didnt even play some backups

The game wasn't on TV here, that was a good thing, it sounds. I don't think I'll even bother recording the replay.

(08-08-2019, 10:58 PM)BamboozledAgain Wrote: 80% of the players tonight won't even be on the 53 man roster, and you guys are going nuts? Lol They didnt even play some backups

This was s what I'm trying to say... They rested 32 players tonight and dudes are in here losing it lol.

Interesting tidbit. Kessler is now Philly’s backup due to Sudfelds injury. Foles maybe going a couple series against the Eagles and Kessler getting a large chuck of playing time against the Jags next week.

The Ravens starters dominated our 2nd and third team, and the Ravens 2nd and 3rd team dominated guys who will be working for State Farm and Outback Steakhouse in September.