Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
And the hits just keep onnnn coming.

1. Does anyone have proof that we offered Arob more than the Bears? I find that very hard to believe since he got barely less than the franchise tag value for his AAV. If we made him an offer that was as good, or even close to as good, as what the Bears did we would have just used the franchise tag on him. I think the whole of the evidence would suggest that we probably offered him something very similar to the Marqise Lee offer.

2. Anyone who is quoting the stats for Arob clearly didn't watch the Bears last year. It's not his fault the Nagy offense is hugely predicated on spreading the ball around (to a fault really). When Arob got his chances he was making the same acrobatic, studly 50/50 catches that we were used to. He would have helped us out a ton last year.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Yeah, I clearly didn't watch the Bears, stats are all I have. Of course he would have helped a ton last year but that's hindsight. Who knew?
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Bah... there are real consequences for doing things the wrong way. We have been chasing and chasing and chasing. I thought we had paid for the early success but there is more to be extracted. When you miss at QB it knocks you down hard for years. We haven't been a good QB team. The offense has been bad for a long time. We have chased bad coach after bad coach. I'm not expecting very much this year. I'm wondering if Foles will survive the season.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

People seem to talk about Allen Robinson like he is/was a Jerry Rice or something.  Wide receivers and to an extent running backs are pretty much "a dime a dozen" in this league.  There are a few that are "special" that you might want to pay big money for, but an average at best receiver isn't one of them.  That's what Allen Robinson is/was.

The key is to find the "diamond in the rough" much like we did when we signed Jimmy Smith.

Make no mistake.  I did like A-Rob when he played here, but he really was nothing special.  He never drew double coverage and wasn't nearly as respected by DB's as someone like Jimmy Smith.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I saw an interview with A-Rob where he mentioned the money Jax offered was similar to Chicago's, but he didn't like the constant change of OCs here.

(08-11-2019, 03:55 AM)MikePete54 Wrote: Time to move on from the albino tiger

i really hope he shows up this year and plays well, or else I’ll be inclined to agree

(08-13-2019, 08:49 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote:
(08-11-2019, 03:55 AM)MikePete54 Wrote: Time to move on from the albino tiger

i really hope he shows up this year and plays well, or else I’ll be inclined to agree

Unless he has a totally breakout season, which is highly unlikely, I'd move on from him anyway. According to Spotrac, if we cut Dareus, Campbell and Lee, before the 2020 season, we could wipe $40 million off our salary cap.

(08-13-2019, 05:02 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: People seem to talk about Allen Robinson like he is/was a Jerry Rice or something.  Wide receivers and to an extent running backs are pretty much "a dime a dozen" in this league.  There are a few that are "special" that you might want to pay big money for, but an average at best receiver isn't one of them.  That's what Allen Robinson is/was.

The key is to find the "diamond in the rough" much like we did when we signed Jimmy Smith.

Make no mistake.  I did like A-Rob when he played here, but he really was nothing special.  He never drew double coverage and wasn't nearly as respected by DB's as someone like Jimmy Smith.
Smith never scored more than 8 TDs in a season. Arob scored 14. And he did it with the most awkward QB ever in Bort.

Arob was not average in 2015. I would sure fire take Arob over any WR we have right now. With Foles throwing him the ball, Arob could be a 1600 and 16 All Pro.

He’s nowhere close to Smith but who is.

I would compare Robinson to Alshon Jeffery. I feel like that would be a fair comparison to what Robinson and Foles would be like.
In Dougie I Trust!

(08-14-2019, 08:14 AM)I’ll JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(08-13-2019, 05:02 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: People seem to talk about Allen Robinson like he is/was a Jerry Rice or something.  Wide receivers and to an extent running backs are pretty much "a dime a dozen" in this league.  There are a few that are "special" that you might want to pay big money for, but an average at best receiver isn't one of them.  That's what Allen Robinson is/was.

Smith never scored more than 8 TDs in a season. Arob scored 14. And he did it with the most awkward QB ever in Bort.

Arob was not average in 2015. I would sure fire take Arob over any WR we have right now. With Foles throwing him the ball, Arob could be a 1600 and 16 All Pro.

A-Rob can be good in the right system. 1600 yards good? 
Nah. Not happening. 

I’d wager DeDe ends up with a better career when it’s said and done. 
I’d pick Westbrook over Arob at this stage in their careers.

(08-14-2019, 05:25 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-14-2019, 08:14 AM)I’ll JagFanatic24 Wrote: Smith never scored more than 8 TDs in a season. Arob scored 14. And he did it with the most awkward QB ever in Bort.

Nah. Not happening. 

Agree

Man I'm glad i savored that 2017 season.
No pain, no gain.

(08-15-2019, 10:12 PM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: Man I'm glad i savored that 2017 season.

Laughing
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

It's fine. Foles has never finished a season from beginning to end. We'll be fine.
A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

(08-14-2019, 05:25 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-14-2019, 08:14 AM)I’ll JagFanatic24 Wrote: Smith never scored more than 8 TDs in a season. Arob scored 14. And he did it with the most awkward QB ever in Bort.

Nah. Not happening. 

I feel pretty safe in predicting Arob's best season will have been as a Jaguar.

(08-13-2019, 03:50 PM)Upper Wrote: 1. Does anyone have proof that we offered Arob more than the Bears? I find that very hard to believe since he got barely less than the franchise tag value for his AAV. If we made him an offer that was as good, or even close to as good, as what the Bears did we would have just used the franchise tag on him. I think the whole of the evidence would suggest that we probably offered him something very similar to the Marqise Lee offer.

2. Anyone who is quoting the stats for Arob clearly didn't watch the Bears last year. It's not his fault the Nagy offense is hugely predicated on spreading the ball around (to a fault really). When Arob got his chances he was making the same acrobatic, studly 50/50 catches that we were used to. He would have helped us out a ton last year.

In the playoffs, ARob went for 10 grabs 143 yards and a TD. The Nagy offense spreads out the ball, but when it matters, they go to ARob who is fully back from his ACL tear.

Until Dede cracks 1,000 yards, i think it's dishonest to say he'll have a better career. That said I think they'll have similar production from here on out.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(08-16-2019, 04:27 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote: It's fine. Foles has never finished a season from beginning to end. We'll be fine.

Yeah. Backups generally don't have a history of playing the full season.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I don't understand the pessimism. The defense is loaded. We have the best QB behind center since Brunell. Fournette looks like he's got his head on straight. And even if Foles should get hurt, I think Minshew has a decent ceiling. I keep pushing for him to play with the starters next week vs. the Fins.

(08-16-2019, 05:23 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: I don't understand the pessimism. The defense is loaded. We have the best QB behind center since Brunell. Fournette looks like he's got his head on straight. And even if Foles should get hurt, I think Minshew has a decent ceiling. I keep pushing for him to play with the starters next week vs. the Fins.
That's the optimism I am looking for.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(08-13-2019, 03:50 PM)Upper Wrote: 1. Does anyone have proof that we offered Arob more than the Bears? I find that very hard to believe since he got barely less than the franchise tag value for his AAV. If we made him an offer that was as good, or even close to as good, as what the Bears did we would have just used the franchise tag on him. I think the whole of the evidence would suggest that we probably offered him something very similar to the Marqise Lee offer.

Asking for "proof" to which the Jaguars offered A-Rob to stay isn't feasible. It was also prior to you joining this board respectfully speaking. Said comments came from two different interviews to which he and the HC stated/confirmed the offer for him to stay in Jax. Do you remember him being irate w/BB5 during practices w/respect to ball placement? We could've offered him the moon but he no longer wanted to play here because of BB5 to which he also stated. Not necessarily in those words but it was clear.

A-Rob is no longer an Jaguar so let's let this debate rest w/respect to wouda, shoulda, coulda about him.

NH3...
"AZANE"