Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Roundup: Jaguars' Cam Robinson (ACL) off PUP list

Roundup: Jaguars' Cam Robinson (ACL) off PUP list

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...f-pup-list

Jaguars left tackle Cam Robinson has been removed from the physically unable to perform list and will be back on the practice field Monday. Robinson tore his ACL in Week 2 of the 2018 season.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-12-2019, 09:05 AM)Jaxson Wrote: Roundup: Jaguars' Cam Robinson (ACL) off PUP list

Jaguars left tackle Cam Robinson has been removed from the physically unable to perform list and will be back on the practice field Monday. Robinson tore his ACL in Week 2 of the 2018 season.

I'm confused.  Didn't Doug just say that he would probably not be ready by Week 1?  Are they just being cautious and waiting to see what he does, or is this new news?
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2019, 09:10 AM by The Real Marty.)

(08-12-2019, 09:08 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(08-12-2019, 09:05 AM)Jaxson Wrote: Roundup: Jaguars' Cam Robinson (ACL) off PUP list

I'm confused.  Didn't Doug just say that he would probably not be ready by Week 1?  Are they just being cautious and waiting to see what he does, or is this new news?

I think this is new news.  According to Mike DiRocco, 

"Marrone said he can't answer why that changed so drastically. "This morning I was told something different," he said. "Now I'm happy.""

So, I think this means that maybe Cam has a shot at starting the season.  

After that preseason game, this is the best news we could have come out of camp. It just may turn out our oline si ready for the season and that would be a big plus when playing the chiefs.

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2019, 09:37 AM by RicoTx.)

I just don't see how anybody can draw any conclusions from the first preseason game.  We had four backups playing together at the same time against most of Baltimore's first team defense.  In all likelihood, we had five backups in there at the same time since Cann is more than likely not going to be starting.  Unless we have something drastic happen like last year, you are not going to have all of those players in there at the same time.  Nobody has that much depth to overcome what happened to our offensive line last year.  Nobody.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(08-12-2019, 09:36 AM)Rico Wrote: I just don't see how anybody can draw any conclusions from the first preseason game.  We had four backups playing together at the same time against most of Baltimore's first team defense.  In all likelihood, we had five backups in there at the same time since Cann is more than likely not going to be starting.  Unless we have something drastic happen like last year, you are not going to have all of those players in there at the same time.  Nobody has that much depth to overcome what happened to our offensive line last year.  Nobody.

I'll go out on a limb and say, the more informed fans understand backups are not the same as the starters.  Anyone complaining about line play when the backups were in, is just lost or doesn't really football.
Season Tix, Section 409

Cam Robinson, Oliver, Pryor, Westbrook, Norwell and Taylor all dressed for practice and either drilled or worked with trainers to the side.

Not hard to read between the lines here. Doug's comments Saturday about not having Cam (though I know he mentioned Lee, but I think he just did it so as to not single Cam out) back for the first game, and being obviously bummed out about it was a message to Cam about needing to get his butt out there.

Seems that the trainers/doctors felt like Cam has been good to go, but Cam was likely telling them that he didn't 'feel' ready.

Essentially, Doug told ol' boy during that presser that he'd better get his tail out there.

Lee's injury was more serious, so it's understandable that he's not ready. Dude tore multiple ligaments.

(08-12-2019, 09:10 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(08-12-2019, 09:08 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: I'm confused.  Didn't Doug just say that he would probably not be ready by Week 1?  Are they just being cautious and waiting to see what he does, or is this new news?

I think this is new news.  According to Mike DiRocco, 

"Marrone said he can't answer why that changed so drastically. "This morning I was told something different," he said. "Now I'm happy.""

If you're referring to my post, I did not comment of the preseason game and what it may mean for the season this year.  It has no bearing on the season when we held out most of our starters.  My reference was after such a poor performance that many were concerned about it was an unexpected nugget of good news.
(08-12-2019, 09:46 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(08-12-2019, 09:36 AM)Rico Wrote: I just don't see how anybody can draw any conclusions from the first preseason game.  We had four backups playing together at the same time against most of Baltimore's first team defense.  In all likelihood, we had five backups in there at the same time since Cann is more than likely not going to be starting.  Unless we have something drastic happen like last year, you are not going to have all of those players in there at the same time.  Nobody has that much depth to overcome what happened to our offensive line last year.  Nobody.

I'll go out on a limb and say, the more informed fans understand backups are not the same as the starters.  Anyone complaining about line play when the backups were in, is just lost or doesn't really football.

(08-12-2019, 10:02 AM)rocdee Wrote: Not hard to read between the lines here. Doug's comments Saturday about not having Cam (though I know he mentioned Lee, but I think he just did it so as to not single Cam out) back for the first game, and being obviously bummed out about it was a message to Cam about needing to get his butt out there.

Seems that the trainers/doctors felt like Cam has been good to go, but Cam was likely telling them that he didn't 'feel' ready.

Essentially, Doug told ol' boy during that presser that he'd better get his tail out there.

Lee's injury was more serious, so it's understandable that he's not ready. Dude tore multiple ligaments.

Lol

(08-12-2019, 10:02 AM)dennisp3 Wrote:
(08-12-2019, 09:10 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I think this is new news.  According to Mike DiRocco, 

If you're referring to my post, I did not comment of the preseason game and what it may mean for the season this year.  It has no bearing on the season when we held out most of our starters.  My reference was after such a poor performance that many were concerned about it was an unexpected nugget of good news.
(08-12-2019, 09:46 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: I'll go out on a limb and say, the more informed fans understand backups are not the same as the starters.  Anyone complaining about line play when the backups were in, is just lost or doesn't really football.

I wasn't referring to you.  I've been browsing the forum lately at work and saw alot of people complaining about the line play after the game.  I was just making a general statement because it seems when its negative news, all of the casuals come out to play.
Season Tix, Section 409

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2019, 10:25 AM by JagFan81.)

What??!!

If confirmed, its great news but how can you have that much of a 180 in 24 hours? 

Never a dull day as a Jags fan.

(08-12-2019, 09:51 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Cam Robinson, Oliver, Pryor, Westbrook, Norwell and Taylor all dressed for practice and either drilled or worked with trainers to the side.

Oliver as well? I'm getting so confused by our injury reporting. The sky is falling then it's all good.

Thank God! I'd rather have Wells on the bench and backing up, rather than starting and I certainly don't want Ogbuehi or Wester to see any meaningful playing time, much less pressed into a starting role.

Kind of have a feeling that there's some "playing cards close to the vest"
going on as well.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

I'm reading the opinion that they might rest starters again on Thursday.

If that's the case, I'm going to have a difficult time talking myself into going.

I'd pull a Rams from last year and not play any starters the entire preseason.

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2019, 12:46 PM by Upper.)

That knee doesn't look so sturdy to me...

https://twitter.com/JohnReid64/status/11...96513?s=19

What a clown...

(08-12-2019, 12:44 PM)waveZ666 Wrote: What a clown...

Who?

If there is any truth to what's been floated on 1010 xl, there are clowns abound.

Namely there is supposed to be a recent video of Cam dancing on some chairs in the locker room.  If he could do that, he should be able to participate in drills...so the speculation goes.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(08-12-2019, 12:36 PM)Rico Wrote: I'm reading the opinion that they might rest starters again on Thursday.  

If that's the case, I'm going to have a difficult time talking myself into going.

Agree. Especially if the weather looks iffy.

Each year I get more and more irritated that the NFL charges real money for preseason games. What a scam.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.